Sponsored

Is a 2016 tech pack at MSRP still worth it if I don't plan to track?

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
My .02.....if you get a 350, it's meant to track. With that being the case, it should be optioned with the track goodies. Save the convenience items for a regular GT.
Dang it!
PS
Regular Gts can be tracked Hashtag PP
Sponsored

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
BS. The only people who view the Tech cars as flawed are the ones who don't own GT 350, the ones who bought a Track or the ones who bought the wrong car. The large majority of people who are buying Techs now (or used ones in the future) couldn't care less about hitting the track, and the ones who do simply have to pay for the factory fix when it's available. For anyone 10 years from now who's looking for a GT 350, the only questions will be what overall condition it's in, whether or not it's been beat on the track and whether or not it has any factory-authorized updates or warranty fixes that should show up in the car's history.
We shall see.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
BS. The only people who view the Tech cars as flawed are the ones who don't own GT 350, the ones who bought a Track or the ones who bought the wrong car. The large majority of people who are buying Techs now (or used ones in the future) couldn't care less about hitting the track, and the ones who do simply have to pay for the factory fix when it's available. For anyone 10 years from now who's looking for a GT 350, the only questions will be what overall condition it's in, whether or not it's been beat on the track and whether or not it has any factory-authorized updates or warranty fixes that should show up in the car's history.
Not true you would be shocked how information gets around with car guys. I know flaws in cars I'll never own. Which ones have engine issues,weak trannys etc

For example I know the original CTSv. Had weak axles how? I dunno lol

Im not worried about the value in ten years I'm worried about it in five. 10 years who cares you got your moneys worth. I keep cars for ever most people don't.

Why would a buyer not care a car might over heat?

If you keep cars 10 years value is irrelevant this car isn't a investment.

Even if you guys dont track these cars as they get cheaper people will look for them as track cars

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I say buy it. If I was looking to buy one, I would get a Tech no problem. The track I ever go to is the 1/4. Hell I would probably take a gt350 down a few times. I would get one to do some good driving and for the fun.

As for the track I can always break the 65 K code out :)

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt
I wanted the electronics and recaros- so I waited on the 17. Would have been perfectly fine with a tech otherwise.

Get what you want. It isn't like you are buying this car because you are practical anyway.

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
My question is, why by a gt350 if you don't plan to track it?
The car is outrageously entertaining on the street even at low speeds - far different from say a Porsche GT3 which really needs the track to have fun.

Any GT350 at MSRP is an excellent deal - the specs are as good or better than cars 3X times the price.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My question is, why by a gt350 if you don't plan to track it?
If you try daily driving it (or even just buzzing around the streets on a nice day) you will find out. It's a blast to drive all the time! It works great and you don't need to break any laws to have fun in it.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
If you try daily driving it (or even just buzzing around the streets on a nice day) you will find out. It's a blast to drive all the time! It works great and you don't need to break any laws to have fun in it.
+2 on this ^^

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I find it quite difficult to buzz around town without breaking a few laws.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Correct. Anyone who knows anything about cars knows that a car's value down the line is mainly determined by rarity/collectibility and condition.

There are PLENTY of older cars that had huge mechanical flaws and still sell for six figures as classics. No one cares about that stuff down the line, and we're only talking heavy track use here to begin with.

The techs will be as rare as the track setups as I believe the were built about 50/50 in numbers; and really only for 1 year plus a few hundred as the 2017 is different setup.

Reactions: _M_

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
The techs will be as rare as the track setups as I believe the were built about 50/50 in numbers; and really only for 1 year plus a few hundred as the 2017 is different setup.
FYI, from the month-old numbers with only about 500 cars left to be built (or added to the build data), Techs were about 62% of the entire 2016 run, with Tracks around 25%.

VoodooThomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Definitely worth it if you're not going to track it. You'll still be able to have plenty of fun on the streets and you will never notice any difference from a track pack car except for having a nicer interior of course.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I totally agree with this. So much so that I just sold my daily driver because it wasn't nearly as nice or as fun to drive as my GT350. I have a hard enough time "wanting" to go to work... driving the GT350 to work everyday puts the smile back on my face. :)

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
If it's the color you want, buy it...if it's not the color you want then keep looking.

All this crap about track/tech, whatever. The car is friggin awesome and the Techs are holding their value just fine. Like someone else mentioned here or on another thread, I was recently offered above what I paid. The vast majority of buyers want a GT350, period.

macinehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
avalanche gray gt 350
Sorry but I disagree. I'm a car guy through and through. Have been for 50 years.l (I'm 60). I passed on my '16 tech after waiting 8 months because of the heat issue and I don't track my cars anymore. Some 16 techs have gone into limp mode on the street and if you run them long and hard enough (i.e. track them) they'll all go into limp mode. Think there's a design issue? Even if they haven't "gone limp" I gotta believe they run hotter than the cars with coolers, and we all know what heat does to mechanical bits. I personally think the tech cars will not hold their value. To the OP...IMHO I'd pass and wait for a '17 or used track pack. You'll be able to find one at or near MSRP if you're patient. I'm gettin a '17.
Sponsored