Sponsored

Is a 2016 tech pack at MSRP still worth it if I don't plan to track?

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
C7GS, 1LE, ZL1,

These will take a bit of wind out of the PR Sails. I doubt ADM holds even on 2017s once Late fall / Winter hits. Especially in regions that will involve parking it for 4-5 months a year.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
If you don't want a black car, don't buy a black car...
Dont settle
100%, I settled in 2013 and got a Black GT instead of ordering what I wanted...

Had it less than 15 months before I traded in on a daily and waited for my '15 GT with everything I ever wanted except a glass roof.

:ford:

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I have a 2016 tech pack which I got for $1 under msrp. I feel like I stole it everyday. If you may track your car, wait a few months. If not, put a 2016 in your garage and never look back.

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
I just purchased my tech pack car this weekend ,I did pay 1000.00 above but I could not find DIB with black stripe anywhere within 1000 mile radius that wasn't looking for a higher adm.Im not worried about resale value downt the road as I already own a couple of cars that I will never get the amount of money back that I put into them.I went tech due to the fact of radio I couldnt see paying that money for a car when my 89 mustang radio almost looks the same .
Due to ford not doing DIB in 17 I had no choice .
I absolutely love driving this car it's just a total machine ,I'm hoping there will be a update to the cooling issue as I would like to track it but it was not my major reason for purchase.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Despite the tech pack haters, go for it as a daily driver. Nothing to lose.

And resale, by the time that happens, anyone can add the coolers since the warranty will be long gone. And likely people who see value in them long term wont buy them down the line to track them.

And dont but into the argument of oh its a track car dont buy it if you aren't going to track it. Well then don't buy a Lambo because you can't take it 220mph or a Viper or Ferrari or any exotic since you will never ever use it to its true potential. By that argument most people who bought a GT dont need 435hp either in a daily driver if you arent using it all.

Bottom line, buy what makes YOU happy.

Last edited:
OP
OP

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
My question is, why by a gt350 if you don't plan to track it?
I've always wanted a Shelby. I want something special and I'm not interested in supercharging a GT or a Roush Mustang. The GT500 is more power than I want in a daily driver. I'm assuming the next GT500 will be the same way to me.

My uncle worked for Ford and has a '66 GT350, but he is losing his vision and can't legally drive anymore. Not only does everything about the GT350 speak to me -- outside of its track capabilities -- but I think it would just make it that much more special to have another one in the family for years to come, and to be able to take him for a ride in it. He also told me his one regret in life was never buying a new red Mustang. Ruby Red also happens to be my #1 color choice. But I am not buying the car as a toy or track beast. My interests in it are deeper than that.

Sponsored

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
As a limited edition car, I think the Tech will always be considered by some, and viewed by others as flawed. I would never put that much money into a car that should hold its value for a long time, but might not due to the cooler issues. If it was JUST a track day issue, and you never were going to track it, then yes, it might not be a bad choice. The problem is, people are going into limp mode off the track......and now, the lack of a cooler is going to be at the very least, a perceived problem, and at times, a real problem even off the track. If you go to sell the car later on, you will probably take a big hit, especially once there are a number of 17's that all have coolers.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
As a limited edition car, I think the Tech will always be considered by some, and viewed by others as flawed. I would never put that much money into a car that should hold its value for a long time, but might not due to the cooler issues. If it was JUST a track day issue, and you never were going to track it, then yes, it might not be a bad choice. The problem is, people are going into limp mode off the track......and now, the lack of a cooler is going to be at the very least, a perceived problem, and at times, a real problem even off the track. If you go to sell the car later on, you will probably take a big hit, especially once there are a number of 17's that all have coolers.
BS. The only people who view the Tech cars as flawed are the ones who don't own GT 350, the ones who bought a Track or the ones who bought the wrong car. The large majority of people who are buying Techs now (or used ones in the future) couldn't care less about hitting the track, and the ones who do simply have to pay for the factory fix when it's available. For anyone 10 years from now who's looking for a GT 350, the only questions will be what overall condition it's in, whether or not it's been beat on the track and whether or not it has any factory-authorized updates or warranty fixes that should show up in the car's history.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
My .02.....if you get a 350, it's meant to track. With that being the case, it should be optioned with the track goodies. Save the convenience items for a regular GT.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
BS. The only people who view the Tech cars as flawed are the ones who don't own GT 350, the ones who bought a Track or the ones who bought the wrong car. The large majority of people who are buying Techs now (or used ones in the future) couldn't care less about hitting the track, and the ones who do simply have to pay for the factory fix when it's available. For anyone 10 years from now who's looking for a GT 350, the only questions will be what overall condition it's in, whether or not it's been beat on the track and whether or not it has any factory-authorized updates or warranty fixes that should show up in the car's history.
:amen:
Sponsored