intake fix 2015 GT PP

Lucasd2002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a 2015 GT PP with about 94k miles.

Recently been seeing reoccurring P0300 and P0308 (have also seen a P0306). After reading online, it seems like the IMRC is likely the problem - guess I'm lucky it lasted this long.

Is there a good way to confirm the IMRC has a broken shaft or something without removing the IM? I don't really have any mods and no tune. Is there an inexpensive fix or do I definitely need to replace the IM?

I'm open to deleting or locking the IMRC - can I do this if the shaft is broken? What is an affordable tune if I go that route?

thanks!
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'm open to deleting or locking the IMRC - can I do this if the shaft is broken? What is an affordable tune if I go that route?
if the shaft is broken IMRC lockout wont work. If deleting the IMRC, you might as well go gen 3 intake manifold cause you'll have to replace the intake anyways. The only affordable tunes are canned tunes (that come preinstalled with the device). But you won't get a IMRC delete with a canned.

OP
OP

Lucasd2002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What's a good source for a gen 3 intake manifold? The stock replacements are NLA, right?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
What's a good source for a gen 3 intake manifold? The stock replacements are NLA, right?
Used. No, I believe the stockers are still available.

OP
OP

Lucasd2002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I meant the stock replacement for my 2015 - these are NLA, right? Can I install a gen 3 intake on my 2015 without a tune?
Sponsored