Insurance is through the roof!

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Allstate offered me 100 a month with 500 deductible for my GT350 with Track package. I also have another car insured, so that probably helps.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It actually kind of make sense. In a broad generalization, and with many exceptions, but a fiscally conservative, thrifty, prudent person who manages his finances with caution could also be more likely to drive within safe boundaries and avoid taking unnecessary risks, and hence be less of a liability, no?
Yes indeed. I really don't mind as I have excellent credit and a clean driving record. I guess that does make sense in a way. I was just curious about it. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
We must be having a miscommunication... $30/month x 6 months = $180 every 6 months (for adding a $60,000) car. That is insanely, unrealistically cheap. Seriously, something has to be off with that.

Ohhh.. I get what you are saying, but my point stands, you added a $60,000 vehicle and they are only charging you $30/month for that change.
Speaking of miscommunication, you are not understanding what he got.

I hear him saying he's DELETING the 15 GT, adding the GT350, and the premium is going up $180/ 6 months. NOT adding a whole $60k car. He's adding the differential cost between a GT and a GT350. Doesn't sound unreasonable to me, especially since he clearly has a good, low cost policy overall.

Banand

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
1970 Cougar. 1963 Porsche 356 S90 Cabriolet
An insurance score is not a credit score

Your credit rating affects your insurance rates too. If not a daily driver I would try Heacock or Grundy. Stated value of $45K for my 2013 Boss was about $850 per year with Grundy. I'm also in Iowa where rates are a little cheaper than you city folks, LOL.
As an insurance agent I can tell you that an insurance score is not a credit score. You can have great credit but if you have a lot of credit available to you, many carriers will lower your "insurance score" because they deam you a risk taker. Every carrier uses different algorithms to give each person a unique score. No two carriers are the same and they score people differently. It makes it impossible to say "Go to carrier "A" because they are cheaper. You have to do the research yourself. Each State has their own insurance department and this makes it more difficult to compare pricing on a forum where everyone is from everywhere. Be careful insuring your car at "actual cash value". These cars are a bit unique and when they roll off the lot, they may not have depreciated like most cars. Ask for "stated amount" coverage. This way you can, within reason insure your vehicle to an amount you are comfortable with. It doesn't mean you'll be able to find another one but it will help you because you won't have to fight over payment if your car is totaled. Those paying ADM want to make sure they don't get clobbered because the insurance carrier will look at blue book if you insure at "actual cash value". Good luck!

ronda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
1966 Shelby GT350
I called my insurance co. yesterday (Farmers). They quoted me a price of $342/6 months coverage. I'm 46, no accidents or tickets on my record. Granted, I don't have a VIN yet so it might change a little but this isn't too different from my GT500.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I called my insurance co. yesterday (Farmers). They quoted me a price of $342/6 months coverage. I'm 46, no accidents or tickets on my record. Granted, I don't have a VIN yet so it might change a little but this isn't too different from my GT500.
You can find a vin on here with your desired set up so you can get an accurate picture without having your own vin.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
As an insurance agent I can tell you that an insurance score is not a credit score. You can have great credit but if you have a lot of credit available to you, many carriers will lower your "insurance score" because they deam you a risk taker. Every carrier uses different algorithms to give each person a unique score. No two carriers are the same and they score people differently. It makes it impossible to say "Go to carrier "A" because they are cheaper. You have to do the research yourself. Each State has their own insurance department and this makes it more difficult to compare pricing on a forum where everyone is from everywhere. Be careful insuring your car at "actual cash value". These cars are a bit unique and when they roll off the lot, they may not have depreciated like most cars. Ask for "stated amount" coverage. This way you can, within reason insure your vehicle to an amount you are comfortable with. It doesn't mean you'll be able to find another one but it will help you because you won't have to fight over payment if your car is totaled. Those paying ADM want to make sure they don't get clobbered because the insurance carrier will look at blue book if you insure at "actual cash value". Good luck!
Of the top of your head, do you know if any of the regular insurance carriers have stated amount coverage?

ronda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
1966 Shelby GT350
You can find a vin on here with your desired set up so you can get an accurate picture without having your own vin.
I was wondering if that would work, thanks for the info!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I was wondering if that would work, thanks for the info!
It's just an idea, I don't see why it wouldn't work though. I'll do all the real insurance leg work come closer to my purchasing date.

Jay85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss (being built & TT), 2015 Golf R
$280 a month for a 2013 Boss & 2015 Golf R, $250 deductible, high coverage's, Maybe some tickets idk, State farm and I'm under 30yrs old.

Sponsored

Banand

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
1970 Cougar. 1963 Porsche 356 S90 Cabriolet
Of the top of your head, do you know if any of the regular insurance carriers have stated amount coverage?
I will look into this for you. I used the term "stated amount" but it really should be an "agreed value or agreed amount". I'll see what I can find out as it relates to California.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I will look into this for you. I used the term "stated amount" but it really should be an "agreed value or agreed amount". I'll see what I can find out as it relates to California.
Didn't have to do that. Thanks :cheers:

TikiGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
And here I was complaining that my insurance went up $52 every 6 months when I bought my GT.... That is crazy. I was surprised it wasn't more being the young crazy hooligan I am...

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
And here I was complaining that my insurance went up $52 every 6 months when I bought my GT.... That is crazy. I was surprised it wasn't more being the young crazy hooligan I am...
Just don't tell them you are a hooligan;)

Finally

Old Fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Auto Prem Conv
Jut got my first bill with the new car... $975 for 6 months and that's with a bunch of multi-policy discounts. I'm an old fart, no tickets or chargeable offenses, and have all my other policies with Allstate. Shocked.
Sponsored