Sponsored

If money was not a limitation, would you really purchase the 'R' over the GT350?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
My apologies to the community... The posting of my wheels was not intended to derail this thread from the OP's post. I apologize for feeding the animals.

OP
OP

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
If I bought both the TP AND the 'R', I am having trouble deciding the color choices.

Either a BLACK w/ NO STRIPES Track Pack car AND a Race Red 'R' to keep it company in the garage...

...or...

Do you just buy to all Black GT350's? One 'R' and one 'TP' car w/ no stripes? Tough choice.

I guess if you get both black you can always vinyl wrap one Race Red if you have to scratch that itch real bad...

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Nope. Even if you gave me one at the same price as my MSRP non-R, I wouldn't take it. Aside from having to manage the risk on the wheels for daily use, I'd immediately have to have the rear seat kit installed, and it would have to have AC. All my cars, no matter how fast, have to haul all 4 family members. No place in my garage for me-only vehicles.

Sponsored

OP
OP

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
Nope. Even if you gave me one at the same price as my MSRP non-R, I wouldn't take it. Aside from having to manage the risk on the wheels for daily use, I'd immediately have to have the rear seat kit installed, and it would have to have AC. All my cars, no matter how fast, have to haul all 4 family members. No place in my garage for me-only vehicles.
You do know that a vast majority of all GT350R's have the tech pack, which includes Air Conditioning, right?

And my two year old barely fits in the back seat, so regardless of what package you get - it's really a two seat car.

unless you are really, really short

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
IMG_3878.jpg

That should pretty much say it all.... A HUGE difference in the feel jumping from one to the next.... The R is, as advertised, a factory race car... It's not a minimal difference from one to the other. If ya have the money and can take a stiff ride and tight seats, R all day long!!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Your perspective (after previous debate) is what inspired me to order my R. Lets face it, despite both sides of the discussion, after it is all said and done, the R is more collectable and more rare than the average (if there is such a thing) GT350.

For that reason, and that alone, I feel the R is worth the investment. I don't think many can disagree with that point.

Again, thank your for your timely input and its effect on my decision.
Congratulations on your upcoming R model and I certainly appreciate your comments. If you haven't already driven an R model I know that you will be quite impressed by this outstanding car!

What colors/options did you order and were you able to secure your allocation locally and any idea when the build will take place?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Depends on how you look at it. Still haven't decided if I am selling my '17 R allocation or keeping it. I will have plenty of seat time in the GT-R, so I will decide then. Order hasn't been scheduled by Ford yet, so I am guessing at least 3-4 more months.

You aren't driving your R currently, so why do you continue to lurk? Hoping to get some additional ideas for colors on your next set of Wheels? We are all anxiously awaiting that poor decision.
It is interesting to watch your continued negative posts on this forum as your posts certainly indicates how much of a team member you are (or lack thereof) with respect to these new GT350/GT350R's. Not sure what motivates some of these responses but only you can answer that?

Based on the fact that you have a '17 R allocation (congratulations by the way!) and continue to sit on the fence as to whether you are going to pull the trigger on this new R model certainly indicates that you are not as passionate as most others on this forum.

Getting back to these optional wheels for the R model personally I think they look very cool and remind me of the beautiful wheels that I have on my Laguna Seca's and I would be very happy to run them on either of my '16 and '17 R models.

If you decide to continue to drive your Nissan and pass on the R model I am sure there are many sincere enthusiasts on here that would appreciate a shot at your R model allocation and that would be a nice gesture for sure.
:cheers:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Of course, money no object I would have bought an R - and then promptly replaced the seats.

Sponsored

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
IMG_3878.jpg

That should pretty much say it all.... A HUGE difference in the feel jumping from one to the next.... The R is, as advertised, a factory race car... It's not a minimal difference from one to the other. If ya have the money and can take a stiff ride and tight seats, R all day long!!
Nice color choices? ;)

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
IMG_3878.jpg

if money was no concern and for MSRP, yep! easy! R all day long...and that would be an R with no options....YUP! TRACK MOCHINE!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Congratulations on your upcoming R model and I certainly appreciate your comments. If you haven't already driven an R model I know that you will be quite impressed by this outstanding car!

What colors/options did you order and were you able to secure your allocation locally and any idea when the build will take place?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
The order started out as oxford white with blue stripes. As much as I like the color combo, I changed it because my track pack is exactly the same. I am keeping both, so I didn't want to have identical looking cars. Then I ran across a thread on here that had an avalanche grey with a black painted roof with black stripes. I thought that looked slick. I remember seeing, and being impressed, by the avalanche grey look at the track attack.

I changed my order to that color combo, went with the electronics package and opted for the car cover. This was one of 3 allocations that my local dealer had. I have no idea when it will be built. I have asked and asked to the point that I don't want to piss anyone off. I know it went up to the regional ford rep, but even she doesn't know exactly when it will get built.

My concern is the rumor of the short model year. If they decide to not build all the allocations, I may be stuck. However I was reassured, even up to the rep level, that my car will get built.

So again (and back to the point of this thread), our PM discussion over the rarity of the R and its possible long term collectability makes the R worth a premium over the regular GT350. And for that reason, I am plopping my pay raise down to get one.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
It depends entirely on use. If I were daily driving it, I might consider a non-R over an R, all other things being equal.

But I think I fall into the Matt Farah camp on this. To paraphrase Farah: "The R is so good. I'm texting Jamal Hameedi all the time looking for a hookup. The non-R is great, and I can get one, but every time I saw an R I'd be jealous."

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You do know that a vast majority of all GT350R's have the tech pack, which includes Air Conditioning, right?

And my two year old barely fits in the back seat, so regardless of what package you get - it's really a two seat car.

unless you are really, really short
Yes - I was just pointing out my requirements.

And my kids (7 & 9) have had a test fit in a GT and have tons of room - much more than in the back of my 911s. I'm 6'1", so its not like my front seat is artificially close to the steering wheel.
Sponsored