Sponsored

I drove a 911 992 S yesterday and I genuinely think my 22 mustang gt is better!

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Is that a wrap on your GT4? PTS? I know they offered it in a pretty bold green, but I don't think it was quite that bright, plus that has a bit of a satin look... either way, beautiful. Wish they had some kinda green available from the factory when I ordered mine.
It’s Python Green with an Excel Stealth wrap giving it the matte look.
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Now that I go back and look at some of the green GTS and GT4s from then, I guess it is about the same shade. Looked brighter than I remember in your pics. So that is not a PTS color then, right?

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
Just because you brought up the Element... A car that no one in their right mind finds attractive :p

There was an Element at the stip one night. First run they line him up against a Hellcat and you could just feel the groans coming out of the spectators. "Ohhhhh... This oughta be good" was the general consensus with a sprinkle of laughter for good measure.

Third yellow that Hellcat has a 0.02 reaction time and the Element takes off slowly and bogs the launch.. At the this point the Hellcat is a bit past the 60' and then the Element finally hooks up and then squats and barks all 4 tires.. With very little noise compared to the Hellcat it begins to run down and pass the Dodge a bit before the 8th mile. It then proceeds to run a 10.1 @ 140!!! The Hellcat manages to squeak out a 10.5 @ 129. I don't think I've heard a test n tune crowd cheer so loud in my life. The best part was the announcer being like "wait.. What kind of car was that in the Bud Light Lane?!?!?! Where are my Tech Cards!?!?!"

The Element had a turbo charged K20 in it and was AWD. It was a spectacularly ugly car, but damn... Hell of a sleeper.
If you want a real eye-opener take a look at what some Elements are going for on bring a trailer. Several have approached 30k!! Absolute insanity.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Now that I go back and look at some of the green GTS and GT4s from then, I guess it is about the same shade. Looked brighter than I remember in your pics. So that is not a PTS color then, right?
It’s was one of the colors offered for 21-23 caymans. Definitely not PTS since I’m a tightwad that would never tick that option.

Signal green is almost identical. Viper green is a bit different and acid green was a bit more yellow.

IMG_4380.jpeg

IMG_3507.jpeg

IMG_5839.jpeg

IMG_4596.jpeg

Sponsored

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I think you mean Xpel wrap? I tried their matt wrap as a mock up for some ghost racing stripes on the hood. It looked pretty cool the small section, but in the end I didn't do it. Neat idea... a bit off topic. My bad. :)

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I think you mean Xpel wrap? I tried their matt wrap as a mock up for some ghost racing stripes on the hood. It looked pretty cool the small section, but in the end I didn't do it. Neat idea... a bit off topic. My bad. :)
Yes. Xpel. Darn autocorrect.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
The Porsche looks nice and has the cachet, but as soon as I started the engine I was like wtf, the exhaust had ZERO rumble.
Thank the EU ('s emission regulation) for this. The PPF (petrol particulate filter) kills any remnant of engine sound; this is by design btw.

but the s550 with IRS is no slouch at handling either
While I agree, I can honestly say that the 992 was a lot more stable and planted at high speeds (think close to 300km/h) vs our "boats" of 1.8 tons. Now, can 99% of you drive that fast? No, not legally anyway but the aerodynamics play a role at lower speeds too.

didn’t feel like it was any faster than my mustang
That depends on so many factors but generally, it is faster.

I always thought Porsche 911 would be my dream car some day, but now I’ve changed my mind
It's still very good to know what you want/like. As a former 992 CS owner, I can also say it wasn't for me (but I always knew I wanted a 'stang).

honestly at this point I’d rather have a c8 at half the price
Ah, good old 'murica. The C8 goes for ~€120k new over here, very close to a base 911.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It's still very good to know what you want/like. As a former 992 CS owner, I can also say it wasn't for me (but I always knew I wanted a 'stang).
You moved from a 992 to Bullitt ? Why ?

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
When I went to the GT350 track attack event, I rented and drove on track a 911 GT3. I would say the Porsche had a very high level of grip, but it was not worlds different than the GT350. The 911 had an automatic transmission, which probably contributed to my (meh) attitude about it. I had been driving the GT350 for 7 months and probably had 5-10,000 miles on it already by then. And the track attack was just a few days later, so I got a pretty decent A-B comparison.

I realize test/short drives don't give the full impression of a vehicle, but I prefer front engine rear drive vehicles. I think they are more fun. Ideally with a transaxle for the best weight balance, but I think the Mustang is a good compromise with relatively lower cost.

Yes, the Porsche has cachet and class, but that's not what I buy a car for. I want a performance bargain - to get a good deal for the money I spend as far as performance goes. Interior quality and panel fitment matter, but not much at all. I can appreciate a well built vehicle, but it generally won't sway my purchase decision.

I have to admit I somewhat lust after Porsches, but I'm not going to buy another. The 944 I owned would have been nearly perfect with a V8 swap, but I decided I didn't want to spend the massive amount of time and money it would take to do that. It really sucks insuring a customized vehicle and you don't get your time back if someone crashes into it.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
The fact that someone would even say Mustang and 911 in the same sentence is evidence of how far the Mustang has come.

I find the GT to be a bit bland but the Mach 1, Bullitt, GT 350/500 are all very well executed.

That said, none can truly hold a candle to the overall engineering marvel of a 911 or even a Cayman especially the S and Gt3- GT4s. In fact for a track monster, the Cayman is a much better go to.

I'm a Porsche guy. I've owned three and currently have a 76 911, and 89 944 S2. Granted these are older models, but as the Mustang has existed during all of their lifetimes, comparing a 76 Mustang to a 76 Porsche 911, or an '89 Mustang to the '89 944, there was obviously no comparison then. I would say without hesitation that the same is true for all generations and in comparing contemporaries today, even a 991.1 or 911.2 Mustang. Quality, fit, finish, finesse in handling, all out road going performance, comfort etc etc. There's no comparison. The simple brilliance that is Porsche engineering is a marvel.

Drive any car as You would a grocery getter is not really the way to compare. Take both cars out on a road course, start pounding multiple miles at close to triple digit speeds, throw in some twisties turns undulating road surfaces and complex road services and you'll see which car is truly a feat of mechanical engineering and which is simply a very good entry level sports car. It is absolutely true that nothing can really match the rumble and noise of a V8, and four does in my opinion one of the best jobs with their exhausts, but there are few sounds as addicting in soul penetrating as the flat six of a 911 at full tilt

In addition to Porsche, and prior to my entry into the Mustang world, I was a long time owner of an E36 M3. When it came time to replace it, I test drove every two-door sports coupe on the market. My preference was for something with four seats and a real trunk, but I was open to others. Each had its positives and negatives, but I found the Bullitt to bring the most to the table dollar for dollar and would be very easy to own and maintain over the years. Part of me wishes I would have waited a year or two because I would be in a Mach 1 with the manual transmission and decal delete.

My brother-in-law has a 991.2 S. Gorgeous car triple black active sport exhaust and PDK. We often drive together and switch out regularly. As much as I love his car, I happily walk away every time smiling at that extra 30k in my pocket. I also love my maintenance bill.

But I'd be fooling myself to think for a single second that my Mustang Bullitt was a better car than his 911. Besides I get to drive two older Porsches that are absolutely brilliant and rewarding.

In short "Better' and 'Prefer' are mutually exclusive and very subjective.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
It’s was one of the colors offered for 21-23 caymans. Definitely not PTS since I’m a tightwad that would never tick that option.

Signal green is almost identical. Viper green is a bit different and acid green was a bit more yellow.

IMG_4380.jpeg
Did we ever drive next to each other in a really big hurry down Camelback? I remember a "What do you have done to that thing!?!" From the driver and my passenger replied with "Just a stock 5.0"... He was full of shite...

Your car is the best color every BTW!!!!
IMG_0525[1].JPG

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Did we ever drive next to each other in a really big hurry down Camelback? I remember a "What do you have done to that thing!?!" From the driver and my passenger replied with "Just a stock 5.0"... He was full of shite...

Your car is the best color every BTW!!!!
IMG_0525[1].JPG
That GT3 is a pic I snapped at the Old Town Porsche day. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t me jamming down Camelback because I would’ve remembered your car and also know better than taking on a 5.0. Although I think kermit has briskly passed me on the 101 before.

I also like the color of your car. Lol
Sponsored