Sponsored

How does cold air get into the cold air intake?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
I guess someone should have jumped in page 1 then.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I guess someone should have jumped in page 1 then.
Page 1 :

It's there, just really small openings. Alot of us open up that area of the grill to allow for more air into the snorkel that directs air to the filter.

Specifically for Mach1 bumpers, I believe you can pop off that fake foglight cover and it will do the same.

1715734344342-cr.png
Its what I have on mine - currently in lime, but I'm going to black :

1715846084535-z3.jpg

It sits behind a slightly opened up grill :

1715846099137-qh.jpg

1715846114105-cx.jpg

WD :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
Sorry, I thought you was asking for you (21GT) :like:

My photos above are for a 20GT :like:

Wow so the triangular grill bit just unclips? Ill need 2 black ones.😀 got a 19 bullitt as well.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Along the same lines as my last comment, never really understood the improvement the velosa tech offered over the factory piece. It’s the exact same idea just smoothed out a little. Anybody think differently?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Along the same lines as my last comment, never really understood the improvement the velosa tech offered over the factory piece. It’s the exact same idea just smoothed out a little. Anybody think differently?
It's fantastic at separating cash from your wallet. It's only value is color, imo.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can't argue either way for its effectiveness, but it doesn't replace the factory piece, it's in addition to it, and it extends the factory piece up to the front face of the grill :like:

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Wow so the triangular grill bit just unclips? Ill need 2 black ones.😀 got a 19 bullitt as well.
It does not unclip, you have to dremel it out or fit the velossa tech behind your grill and drill out the blocked holes in the grill.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
I can't argue either way for its effectiveness, but it doesn't replace the factory piece, it's in addition to it, and it extends the factory piece up to the front face of the grill :like:

Gotcha. I would think the same effect could be achieved for free or nearly free with a piece of rubber extending to the grille on the left side of the factory piece to separate it from the radiator. The other flaps actually seal quite well to the grill on the factory piece if you take care not to fold them over when reassembling the bumper onto the car.

edit: left side as viewed from the front

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
On another note I was shocked by how easy the front clip was to remove on this car and how much space there was to add additional coolers behind the front clip where they would still receive airflow. This really is a well engineered platform, it’s too bad assembly is subpar and ford cheaped out on stuff like the rear subframe bushings.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Sorry, this is driving me a little nuts. Your intake is on the LEFT side (driver side) unless you have a Euro car that is right hand drive (Euro guys correct me if your intake is not on the right hand/driver side).

Here’s a shot of the intake funnel with the bumper off.

Carry on 🤭

IMG_2826.jpeg
when sitting in the drivers seat facing forward, I can confirm the airbox sits to the left of the car in RHD cars. THB that kind of stuff i doubt changes between RHD/LHD unless the steering column gets in the way and that's way back in the engine bay (front engined vehicles*)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gotcha. I would think the same effect could be achieved for free or nearly free with a piece of rubber extending to the grille on the left side of the factory piece to separate it from the radiator. The other flaps actually seal quite well to the grill on the factory piece if you take care not to fold them over when reassembling the bumper onto the car.

edit: left side as viewed from the front
So if you look closely at the pic I posted, you’ll notice the left side (facing the car) of the intake is pretty open. I assume that is by design, to allow air to come in via other openings in the grille as well?

The Ford intake is actually quite good, they obviously have a lot of R&D in it. I guess I’d just be hesitant to add a piece that alters that design. Ford has way more research into it than Velossa does. Opening up the holes on the intake portion of the grille may compensate for that but I’m usually skeptical of stuff like that.
Sponsored