headers

hchf1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang gt 10 speed
i have a 2020 gt with a roush catback i want to do headers but dont know what ones will be a direct fit. can someone let me know what headers will be a direct fit. im not sure of any headers come with connecting pieces/adapters
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
At the price point, it is hard to beat either Stainless Works or Texas speed. Both are great options, and can connect directly to either the stock resonator and cat back or aftermarket X Pipes, h Pipes, etc. I did Texas speed catted connected to a Borla Cat back and it works great.. Just be prepared for a dramatic increase in volume if you have aftermarket cat back with x pipe or H pipe..

OP
OP

hchf1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang gt 10 speed
At the price point, it is hard to beat either Stainless Works or Texas speed. Both are great options, and can connect directly to either the stock resonator and cat back or aftermarket X Pipes, h Pipes, etc. I did Texas speed catted connected to a Borla Cat back and it works great.. Just be prepared for a dramatic increase in volume if you have aftermarket cat back with x pipe or H pipe..
does it come with adapters? or just direct fit?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ultimate Headers are a direct fit. I have them on my 2019 and yes, they do come with catted mid pipes.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I see you have a Roush axle back. I have the Steeda axle back, which is reportedly the same as the Roush. I paired mine with a Steeda X-pipe and yes, it is very loud.

Sponsored

OP
OP

hchf1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang gt 10 speed
I see you have a Roush axle back. I have the Steeda axle back, which is reportedly the same as the Roush. I paired mine with a Steeda X-pipe and yes, it is very loud.
i have the roush cat back

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
does it come with adapters? or just direct fit?
The stainless works have multiple options for mid pipes. You can get the factory connect option which necks down to fit into the factory cat back, or a straight thru 3 inch performance connect. I have the Borla 60661 resonator which is the same connection as factory so I went with a factory connect mid pipe. I would suggest calling the vendor live and discussing what exhaust you have to make sure it pairs up properly. But yes, direct fit, clamp in for me.

And as mentioned above, with a Roush cat back, it will be LOUD, like REALLY LOUD. I have the Borla S type and mine was unbearable, hence me adding the resonator.

5doorsoffury

Threads
Reaction score
a forsaken branch of the wavefunction called ny,
First Name
this guy
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
lol "direct fit" im on day 3 of a jackstand induced bloddy header install. my sw headers are a direct fit and fit great if the motor was not in the car. fitment is great but id rather do 2 supercharger kits in a row then this shit. ive done headers on every car i owned and its always the #1 pita install. the sw headers come with cats but a cheap 3" slip fit pipe about 12 inches long can be put in place for a inspection swapout. if it werent for the fi id keep my oem headers. there the nicest set ive ever owned from a oem lol. and the volume well lets say im spending more money then i wanted because of that.
tldr sw headers fit great and look awesome (came with full bolt replacment and extenders) and id let biden pork me then do another LTH install in my garage

OP
OP

hchf1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang gt 10 speed
The stainless works have multiple options for mid pipes. You can get the factory connect option which necks down to fit into the factory cat back, or a straight thru 3 inch performance connect. I have the Borla 60661 resonator which is the same connection as factory so I went with a factory connect mid pipe. I would suggest calling the vendor live and discussing what exhaust you have to make sure it pairs up properly. But yes, direct fit, clamp in for me.

And as mentioned above, with a Roush cat back, it will be LOUD, like REALLY LOUD. I have the Borla S type and mine was unbearable, hence me adding the resonator.
iā€™m buying the Ford S550 Mustang GT FL Varex Valved Axle Back then doing the headers. also what is the difference between catted and catless? any improvements?

Sponsored
OP
OP

hchf1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang gt 10 speed
With the round mufflers correct? If so, itā€™s gonna scream when paired with LTHs.

yes those im going to switch to Ford S550 Mustang GT FL Varex Valved Axle Back then do the headers

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
iā€™m buying the Ford S550 Mustang GT FL Varex Valved Axle Back then doing the headers. also what is the difference between catted and catless? any improvements?
Most people go catless if they are going FI to reduce the risk of blowing out the cats. I don't plan on going FI, or if I do it is easy to put a piece of pipe in place of the cats.. Meeting emission requirements might be necessary reason for cats... Plus it does muffle the sound a little bit, not much really though.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Headers are such a PITA on these cars, and if you're not going FI are SOOOOO not worth it. The factory headers perform very well. I see so many people go to headers then they are trying to quiet the car down because they hate how loud it got with their current cat-back set-up. Then they chase the tone they want, etc. The juice is definitely not worth the squeeze and I have Corsa long tubes-catless with side pipes.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Headers are such a PITA on these cars, and if you're not going FI are SOOOOO not worth it. The factory headers perform very well. I see so many people go to headers then they are trying to quiet the car down because they hate how loud it got with their current cat-back set-up. Then they chase the tone they want, etc. The juice is definitely not worth the squeeze and I have Corsa long tubes-catless with side pipes.
I have to agree with this. I did the same. I am happy now by just adding the Borla resonator to my existing S type cat back. Cost me a bit but love it now. I paid a trusted mechanic to do mine, I never would have tackled such a job on my own :)

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have to agree with this. I did the same. I am happy now by just adding the Borla resonator to my existing S type cat back. Cost me a bit but love it now. I paid a trusted mechanic to do mine, I never would have tackled such a job on my own :)
3 weekends, on my back, outside, in a driveway...:curse:
Sponsored