Dr. JL

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Also if you're thinking of a 360, don't get the F1 transmission. It's honestly not terrible, but for that engine the manual is just far superior. I understand the values are getting more dumb by the day for 6 speed cars though...
I was just ranting. I have no intention of ever selling my FP vehicles (my family can do that after my days expire). Would love to own a gated 360…
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Have you received a rejection? The application isn't complete until the May 20th deadline. I'm not sure I understand the problem. They are looking for influencers, track people, cars and coffee types.

Show us what you have and let's go from there.
I also have a difficult time understanding the issue here especially since the application process is being handled by a 3rd party who are not part of the FMC?

It is my understanding that the team who is handling the GTD application process will have no say as to who is allocated a 2025 Mustang GTD with that process being handled solely by the Ford GTD Team in Dearborn once the application process closes later this month.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Leno, Tim Allen I could see getting one as well. Goldberg would be an interesting one. I think he’s probably too Mopar. Frankie Muniz has been at a TON of Ford events in the last year or two, I bet he’s on the list. And I’m sure if the Ford family, Farley and some other execs will get one as well. The allocations start getting thin pretty quickly when you factor those in.

There’s a few folks here that have stated they’d get it on track for sure, give it to those folks! I would love to see videos of that car on track.
I’ve said this before but I’d almost bet that with the exception of a few factory subsidized race teams these cars will not be used as originally conceived and intended. They’ll become nothing more than Barrett Jackson flip bait just like their GT big brothers.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’ve said this before but I’d almost bet that with the exception of a few factory subsidized race teams these cars will not be used as originally conceived and intended. They’ll become nothing more than Barrett Jackson flip bait just like their GT big brothers.
Most likely. There are a few GT’s that I know of around here (I’m sure there’s more hiding somewhere), one of which I know gets driven (2006 GT). I’ve seen a newer one get trailered to car shows and another get driven to one. There’s also a Ken Miles Heritage Edition that was at one of my local dealers for service last summer and a Carbon edition that was at the same dealer for service over the winter. The mileage on the Heritage Edition was less than 250 if I recall, I don’t know on the Carbon Edition as I didn’t make it to the dealer to see it (they displayed both of them for a couple days in the showroom).

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I also have a difficult time understanding the issue here especially since the application process is being handled by a 3rd party who are not part of the FMC?

It is my understanding that the team who is handling the GTD application process will have no say as to who is allocated a 2025 Mustang GTD with that process being handled solely by the Ford GTD Team in Dearborn once the application process closes later this month.
I know all that, and even the details you do not speak of.

Im afraid a lot of the people commenting here are correct. Its unfortunate, but If Ford wants exposure, then the so called influencers and youtube types fit that bill. It is my opinion that people who have demonstrated a loyalty to Ford and who use the car as it is intended should have a fair shot at it. I believe the man behind the curtain will do his best to do exactly that.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I am not so sure about your suggestion that most all GTD's will not be driven compared to the 1st and 2nd Gen Ford GT's.

The 2025 GTD will be about half the price of a 2nd Gen Ford GT and couple that with GTD production numbers which I expect will far exceed the recent 1,350 Ford GT examples, based on those two factors I would expect to see many GTD's on the road once production ramps up in Markham, Ontario next year.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I know all that, and even the details you do not speak of.

Im afraid a lot of the people commenting here are correct. Its unfortunate, but If Ford wants exposure, then the so called influencers and youtube types fit that bill. It is my opinion that people who have demonstrated a loyalty to Ford and who use the car as it is intended should have a fair shot at it. I believe the man behind the curtain will do his best to do exactly that.
Agreed that Ford wants a great deal of exposure for their 2025 Halo Mustang, but there are only so many influencers and YouTube types that Dearborn will have to cater to which will then leave a great deal of GTD allocations for those of us Mustang enthusiasts that have demonstrated a long and extensive loyalty to the Blue Oval Brand.

Just speculation on my part but suggest that the 2025 GTD may prove to be more than a 1-year production run and that the total GTD production numbers may exceed our initial expectations.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Agreed that Ford wants a great deal of exposure for their 2025 Halo Mustang, but there are only so many influencers and YouTube types that Dearborn will have to cater to which will then leave a great deal of GTD allocations for those of us Mustang enthusiasts that have demonstrated a long and extensive loyalty to the Blue Oval Brand.

Just speculation on my part but suggest that the 2025 GTD may prove to be more than a 1-year production run and that the total GTD production numbers may exceed our initial expectations.
Some of the videos I have seen are by car collectors that don't seem to fit the bill so to speak. But because they have a GT in their collection.....

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am not so sure about your suggestion that most all GTD's will not be driven compared to the 1st and 2nd Gen Ford GT's.

The 2025 GTD will be about half the price of a 2nd Gen Ford GT and couple that with GTD production numbers which I expect will far exceed the recent 1,350 Ford GT examples, based on those two factors I would expect to see many GTD's on the road once production ramps up in Markham, Ontario next year.
Just an FYI that Ford has previously stated they expect production to be about 1,000 cars. Who knows, maybe they make it a multi-year run after all and exceed those numbers.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just an FYI that Ford has previously stated they expect production to be about 1,000 cars. Who knows, maybe they make it a multi-year run after all and exceed those numbers.
Suggest many more than 1,000 units will be built and that is based purely from a business/profitability point of view let alone the demand and Ford wanting/expecting a great deal of exposure for their Halo Mustang.

Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
It used to be that actual racers, or at least those with a track presence, had the 1st opportunity to purchase limited production racecars.

Followed by those who had the coin to pick up the remaining unsold veh's. So now we are seeing yet another benifit 🙄 to social media as it interacts w/the car culture world.

Btw, could we stop usin the word "influencer"
& replace it w/something more applicable, like "Tool-fluencer"?
Seems a bit more appropriate to the car flippers that only need these rare & unique veh's for clicks and likes.

@MAGS1 - your list of Toolfluencers was fitting, but ya left out the skinny white boy @ 'Hoopties Garage'.....

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Suggest many more than 1,000 units will be built and that is based purely from a business/profitability point of view let alone the demand and Ford wanting/expecting a great deal of exposure for their Halo Mustang.
Probably likely, I’m sure the 1,000 was just a number to start gauging interest

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I'm so sick of all this elitist consumerism bullshit.
"Oh please, allow me the huge privilege of spending my money to buy your product, please please please".

I completely lose interest in brands that engage in these shenanigans; it is just like Rolex the past several years. It has gotten to the point where I no longer wear mine because I don't want to be associated with that stupidity. You have to "build a relationship" with an AD to be considered for a steel model after spending $$$$ on junk; then maybe you'll be put on a "waitlist" if you sucked the taint of the salesperson enough. Ridiculous.

Same thing with Porsche. We have a Cayenne GTS as a family car; we bought it because we needed some more space with the kid, but I hate SUVs and this does not feel like a 6000 lbs boat on the road. Every other SUV we test drove felt like a yacht in comparison. When I inquired about putting in an order for a 911 S or GTS, they suggested that I buy a Macan first and then maybe they would have something for me in a year or so. Fuck 'em. First and last Porsche. Will move on to something else when the warranty runs out.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Most of these will go to the Owners of Ford Dealerships where they will just be mothballed and taken out in 50 years to be sold at Barrett Jackson…

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Porsche too… you need to buy a bunch of shitty SUVs and 911s to get on the multi year waitlist to sniff a GT3 let alone GT2
Wait lists are different than what FORD is doing.
Sponsored