GTD application halted

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Have you received a rejection? The application isn't complete until the May 20th deadline. I'm not sure I understand the problem. They are looking for influencers, track people, cars and coffee types.

Show us what you have and let's go from there.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Couple things with the McLaren. Won’t take anything away from the actual car and its capabilities. First, the aesthetics aren’t pleasing to me. I can look past that a bit. But not wanting to be political when it comes to cars, I do have an issue with who now owns McLaren. I don’t think Zac Brown has been good for that brand in the least. And I am aware they were a major player in McLaren before the latest change.
That’s fair. Regarding the aesthetics, we all like what we like. I personally think Porsche’s are not good looking cars (I called them ugly in another thread :bandit: ), but there’s no denying they are fantastic in the performance department.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Have you received a rejection? The application isn't complete until the May 20th deadline. I'm not sure I understand the problem. They are looking for influencers, track people, cars and coffee types.

Show us what you have and let's go from there.
Having not seen the application, I assume there’s a section that asks for URL’s to YouTube channels, Instagram, Facebook and whatnot. I would assume a workaround for that might be something like uploading a couple track videos to YouTube and using that URL? Maybe a link to your profile on this forum?

Im sure they want as many of these to hit YouTube, Instagram, etc as they can to promote the brand and all, but I would hope that they know there’s some worthy folks in the community that just aren’t big on social media.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I didn’t have that issue. I’ll pull mine up this weekend, want to edit some stufff, and see what I see. I will say I think the whole application process is little more then a dog and pony show(marketing bs). They’ll be at Cota in Sept. for WEC. I’ll be real curious to see what kind of conversation I can instigate at the Ford Performance booth.

The “Influencer” page’s “next” option only reloaded the “Influencer” page with a red boarder around the first of three “url” data blocks. The site wouldn’t let me continue without that data…I have no data to enter.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Having not seen the application, I assume there’s a section that asks for URL’s to YouTube channels, Instagram, Facebook and whatnot. I would assume a workaround for that might be something like uploading a couple track videos to YouTube and using that URL? Maybe a link to your profile on this forum?

Im sure they want as many of these to hit YouTube, Instagram, etc as they can to promote the brand and all, but I would hope that they know there’s some worthy folks in the community that just aren’t big on social media.
Yes.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I didn’t have that issue. I’ll pull mine up this weekend, want to edit some stufff, and see what I see. I will say I think the whole application process is little more then a dog and pony show(marketing bs). They’ll be at Cota in Sept. for WEC. I’ll be real curious to see what kind of conversation I can instigate at the Ford Performance booth.
Good luck with your application as well Charlie! Would be cool if a few folks here got one

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
What’s going to be very shortsighted on there(Fords) side is that avenue. I get it, but the reality is almost all those types aren’t really interested in the car outside some youtube page for views, and as soon as its served its purpose they’ll try and flip it. I’ll leave alone there not actually paying for the cars themselves in the first place(not so subtle dig that ”influencer“ isn’t really a job). I don’t really see how any of that is positive for the brand at all.

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
What’s going to be very shortsighted on there(Fords) side is that avenue. I get it, but the reality is almost all those types aren’t really interested in the car outside some youtube page for views, and as soon as its served its purpose they’ll try and flip it.
The Ford GT application made it very, very clear that you couldn't flip the car for two years.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What’s going to be very shortsighted on there(Fords) side is that avenue. I get it, but the reality is almost all those types aren’t really interested in the car outside some youtube page for views, and as soon as its served its purpose they’ll try and flip it. I’ll leave alone there not actually paying for the cars themselves in the first place(not so subtle dig that ”influencer“ isn’t really a job). I don’t really see how any of that is positive for the brand at all.
I agree with your dig at the influencer “career”. I just don’t understand it and I don’t know how you can properly vet the financial status of some of these guys when they’re so heavily dependent on subscribers, views, clicks, etc. I suppose a long enough track record can help with that, but at some point some of these folks age out or content out and the next wave of subscribers move on to someone else and those other influencers are no longer influencers.

And I 100% agree that most of these influencer types don’t care about the actual car and what it’s capable of. Just get those views and comments and subscribes (as you said, that’s how they pay for these things) and once their content with these cars have stalled out (it always does at some point) they’ll try to unload them asap.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The Ford GT application made it very, very clear that you couldn't flip the car for two years.
I guess it depends on the ramifications for breaking the no-sale clause. If it’s something like not being able to buy the next halo car, some of these influencer types won’t care about that. If it’s financial, it would depend on how hard of a hit they would take. Some may still view it as worth it, especially if they don’t have enough views to pay for the car.

Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I received a letter from Ford to visit www.themustanggtd.com to continue the GTD purchase application process. Unfortunately, since my social media presence is limited to this forum, and had none of my own “Influencer” social media website url pages to enter on their site, my application was halted. Sad that my lack of interest to be a social media influencer is a show-stopper for FoMoCo to consider me for a $325,000 Mustang.

image.jpg
I would just make a short clip for YouTube showing your Mustangs and why you think you would be a good candidate to own one. The process is what it is but I think that's all you need to submit the application.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I’m aware. And I’m sure it’ll be in place for the GTD. Even at 24 months and a day I’d consider it a flip if the net result was 2-1 dollar wise on my initial purchase. And for clarity, I don’t have an issue with anybody making money on selling a car, asset, whatever. My issue is with a supposed process to put a specialized vehicle in the hands of true enthusiasts that actually guarantee’s the scenario they’re supposedly trying to avoid.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
There is a way to make a video linked to a youtube account and keep it private. Just have to do the search for it.

I would just make a short clip for YouTube showing your Mustangs and why you think you would be a good candidate to own one. The process is what it is but I think that's all you need to submit the application.

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Oh but there is for Ferrari my friend. They have to allow you the privelage of owning one of their cars. And you typically have to start towards the bottom of their lineup and work your way up. My cousin found that out when he bought his 488 a couple years ago. It’s quite the process apparently.
It's sad to learn that manufacturers try to control what people do to things they have paid them full price for. So basically, the manufacturers are acting like the buyers are sales reps for them and must use the car in the way they approve. Actually very pathetic unless this is some misinformation.

OP
OP
Dr. JL

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Solution….peck away at keys to write the Mustang6g forum url in the red-highlighted error container and list tens of tens of “influenced subscribers” and “followers”…page next.

Wait…the next application page wants me to up load a video to the ecosphere with me graveling FoMoCo for purchase consideration and to acknowledge that some Ford stealership will definitely gouge me for a GTD as middleperson…I’m out.

Considering selling the Rs and the Raptor for a down payment on a 1999 F-1 transmission 360 Modena.
Sponsored

Last edited: