GTD application halted

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
I received a letter from Ford to visit www.themustanggtd.com to continue the GTD purchase application process. Unfortunately, since my social media presence is limited to this forum, and had none of my own “Influencer” social media website url pages to enter on their site, my application was halted. Sad that my lack of interest to be a social media influencer is a show-stopper for FoMoCo to consider me for a $325,000 Mustang.

image.jpg
Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
This sucks. Hopefully you can still order one later. Would hate for you to not get the chance and have to pay an insane markup on an already very expensive car.

I’m hoping ford will atleast come out with another ford gt. Love the look of those cars. I wish they would do a supercharged v8 combo for it or even a v10.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
WTF. So that means douchebags like StangChode, Stradman and Speed Phenom have a better shot than someone that really cares to have the car. And what I mean by that is “influencers” will show the car on their channels to get likes and views, make money off of it, then once the views stagnate (it always does) they’ll ditch the car for the next best thing. And the level to which some of these influencers will go for views/clicks/whatever drives me absolutely nuts. There’s probably some that are fine but most I won’t give the time of day to, even if they get a GTD. What an absolute waste IMO. Way to eff that one up Ford.

Hopefully some “influencer” like Leno gets one. He’ll do a big episode on his show but will also drive it the way it was meant to be driven and because he truly appreciates the car. Those other dopes only care what it will do for their channels.

Sorry you got cut off the application process for something as stupid as that. Off my soapbox now.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Right, I'm no influencer, so here's a list of cars I'd rather buy (and cost less) than
that thing. No membership required.

McLaren 570S/570GT
McLaren 600LT
McLaren 720S
Ferrari 812 Superfast
Ferrari 488 GTB
Ferrari 488 Pista
Porsche 911 GT2 RS
Aston Martin DBS Superleggera
Lamborghini Huracan Performante

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Right, I'm no influencer, so here's a list of cars I'd rather buy (and cost less) than
that abortion. No membership required.

McLaren 570S/570GT
McLaren 600LT
McLaren 720S
Ferrari 812 Superfast
Ferrari 488 GTB
Ferrari 488 Pista
Porsche 911 GT2 RS
Aston Martin DBS Superleggera
Lamborghini Huracan Performante
Oh but there is for Ferrari my friend. They have to allow you the privelage of owning one of their cars. And you typically have to start towards the bottom of their lineup and work your way up. My cousin found that out when he bought his 488 a couple years ago. It’s quite the process apparently.

Sponsored

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
I received a letter from Ford to visit www.themustanggtd.com to continue the GTD purchase application process. Unfortunately, since my social media presence is limited to this forum, and had none of my own “Influencer” social media website url pages to enter on their site, my application was halted. Sad that my lack of interest to be a social media influencer is a show-stopper for FoMoCo to consider me for a $325,000 Mustang.
I had a similar experience when it came to ordering the new Ford GT. I described my ownership of Fords since I was 14, showed my track experience, sent a video of me and my race Pantera on the track, how I drove all my cars, went to car shows and... no 'influencer' experience.
I was refused.
I was upset.
I now own a McLaren 720S and am more than happy with it.

FWIW,
Kirby

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I had a similar experience when it came to ordering the new Ford GT. I described my ownership of Fords since I was 14, showed my track experience, sent a video of me and my race Pantera on the track, how I drove all my cars, went to car shows and... no 'influencer' experience.
I was refused.
I was upset.
I now own a McLaren 720S and am more than happy with it.

FWIW,
Kirby
The 720S is no joke, puts a lot of cars to shame. I wouldn’t mind one some day.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
But you won't get refused.
At least not the first time LOL. I’ve heard they blacklist folks if they find out you’ve done some crazy mods to one of their cars. Beyond my wallet so I don’t have any first hand experience there.

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
I let my daughter drive it and when she came back, she said, "Dad, that car is stupid fast!"
My son, who has a GT350R, says it gives him vertigo when he nails the throttle.
I love it. It's an amazing car.
Especially the way it gets the power to the ground with two wheels.
Had it since new. Better yet, the wife likes it!

OK, sorry for shanghaiing the thread. I'll go back to my corner now.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I guess I’m still stuck on the $325k ford. It’s a FORD!
F. O. R. D.

Yea, like @WildHorse i can think of several cars far more appealing than $325k Ford.

No offence to the followers…

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I received a letter from Ford to visit www.themustanggtd.com to continue the GTD purchase application process. Unfortunately, since my social media presence is limited to this forum, and had none of my own “Influencer” social media website url pages to enter on their site, my application was halted.
Can you share a copy of the letter?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m missing something. Help me out. How were you halted? I got the same thing for the application. I don’t have social media …. either but haven’t received any thing since I submitted it.

I guess I’m still stuck on the $325k ford. It’s a FORD!
F. O. R. D.

Yea, like @WildHorse i can think of several cars far more appealing than $325k Ford.

No offence to the followers…

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Couple things with the McLaren. Won’t take anything away from the actual car and its capabilities. First, the aesthetics aren’t pleasing to me. I can look past that a bit. But not wanting to be political when it comes to cars, I do have an issue with who now owns McLaren. I don’t think Zac Brown has been good for that brand in the least. And I am aware they were a major player in McLaren before the latest change.

OP
OP
Dr. JL

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
The “Influencer” page’s “next” option only reloaded the “Influencer” page with a red boarder around the first of three “url” data blocks. The site wouldn’t let me continue without that data…I have no data to enter.
Sponsored