Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The front end doesn't look right to be a 500. I don't see the big ass coolers that would be needed. That is unless they were able to hide them and still be functional. Did anyone take a photo of the shifter? If it was an automatic, there may be something to this theory.
I took these photographs. The car was a stick. I will post info later. I had planned to make a post when I had time to resize and upload the photographs and explain what info I had gathered from the engineer whom it belongs to etc.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I took these photographs. The car was a stick. I will post info later. I had planned to make a post when I had time to resize and upload the photographs and explain what info I had gathered from the engineer whom it belongs to etc.
I'd be interested to know the story behind the wing. Just as someone had mentioned, it looks like a 500 wing.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I've talked to a number of them at the IMSA races including some from Ford, Roush and Roush/Yates. I'm interested to see if it is one of them or somebody else.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Actually really digging that wing. Ive been eying the APR 200 drag wing as an alternative - not that I dont like the R wing - but thats not what I want to do.

Any more information on that wing?

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'd be interested to know the story behind the wing. Just as someone had mentioned, it looks like a 500 wing.
It's a gt4 wing with low mount and different endplates... where those two items came from is up to you to figure out..

The R you heard at fprs has long tube headers but to my knowledge is still fpc. I can double check.
I've talked to a number of them at the IMSA races including some from Ford, Roush and Roush/Yates. I'm interested to see if it is one of them or somebody else.
His name is Jeff, he didn't drive the car to the track but it is his test car. Real nice guy, as most seem to be. Oddly enough I took pictures of another one of his test R's in the same color at Mid-Ohio that has since been sent to the crusher. :eek:

There is apparently quite a few of these track rat test cars at Ford. What they are all used for exactly, I'm not sure and didn't pry for details. Oddly this car had a red r dash plaque but was not GR or HR.. instead it was just G0088.. but the window sticker lists it as an R. Pretty interesting what you'll find in the pits at these races. Especially one closer to Michigan, like the white Ford GT sitting behind it. There were at least 5 of them there that weekend.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Anything different with the other car that got crushed?

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
So, is that a CF door skin? BTW thanks for sharing the pics!

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
I have a blank trunk lid awaiting a new wing.

Hoping an aftermarket GT4/GT500 wing will be out at $2k price point rather than $12k. I can hope...

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I think you can get that center vent from Kohr and mount it in your existing hood. A guy on TMO did something similar.

Just out curiosity, why do you want it? Hood lift? Overheating?
cost aside. Because race car! ; )
Sponsored