Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
Has anyone found a front facing parking camera that works with the stock video screen. My wife needs this bad. I heard raxiom has one. Anybody have one or something better?
Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm not sure how it would integrate into the system, but I bumped my front splitter just a few days ago on a curb that was higher than I thought, so it might be kind of nice.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
While that would work you need to have a phone or wifi screen somewhere to view it.

If you could tap into the video feed for the built-in screen with a manual switch you could toggle front or rear.

The Mustang really need the parking distance sensors in the front and not just in the rear. I have them front and rear on another car and it's very handy.

If you could find room for the second screen something like this could work.

https://www.amazon.com/LeeKooLuu-Mo...qid=1546539675&sr=1-3&keywords=parking+camera

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I don't get why people have the obsession for parking so close to the curb. Is this some kind of mind games you guys play?
I leave a 12 inch gap from the curb. Like why park so close to the curb when you know you might bump into it?

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get why people have the obsession for parking so close to the curb. Is this some kind of mind games you guys play?
I leave a 12 inch gap from the curb. Like why park so close to the curb when you know you might bump into it?
There are all kinds of scenarios in which you could be closer than you want.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Has anyone found a front facing parking camera that works with the stock video screen. My wife needs this bad. I heard raxiom has one. Anybody have one or something better?
I have this one that is available in Australia. A little costly but if you run into a kerb that's costly as well. http://advancedice.com.au/ford-sync...category=Front+Camera+Integration&search=2632

On my 18 I push the back button next to the OK button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds to activate. Earlier cars without MY Mode you use the OK button. It stays on until turned off or you go over 30 KPH so great when switching between reverse and forward and back again.
Similar cameras were available in US when I originally researched it. I went with the Australian set up when the American distributors of a similar system would not answer multiple emails.

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
People leaving in the next row like to back up and bump cars that are sticking 12 inches out.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
People leaving in the next row like to back up and bump cars that are sticking 12 inches out.
It's a Mustang. Even if you leave 12 inches in the front it's shorter than a Ford Explorer.
Seriously, if you have to pull up enough to keep people from hitting you, maybe you need to find a better parking spot.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have this one that is available in Australia. A little costly but if you run into a kerb that's costly as well. http://advancedice.com.au/ford-sync...category=Front+Camera+Integration&search=2632

On my 18 I push the back button next to the OK button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds to activate. Earlier cars without MY Mode you use the OK button. It stays on until turned off or you go over 30 KPH so great when switching between reverse and forward and back again.
Similar cameras were available in US when I originally researched it. I went with the Australian set up when the American distributors of a similar system would not answer multiple emails.
A quick googling finds several Sync3 options.

https://camera-source.com/ford-universal-camera-for-sync-3-displays-use-front-or-rear.html

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
My wife also wants one. And then gets mad when I tell her to use the one in the back. And back into a parking spot.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
When I bought my Explorer ( 2014) I didn't want to spring for the super duper package that had front sensors, as well as automatic parallel parking, The salesman and I went across the street to a Sam's Sound. They installed front facing sensors ( not cameras) for $300. Have save my bumper from running into frozen snow in parking lots a dozen times.
A word on that "automatic self parallel parking feature; I don't know about you but if I need a machine to park my car, I've had it. "If you can't drive it, park it! And if you can't park it, Sell it"!!

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
While that would work you need to have a phone or wifi screen somewhere to view it.
Yes well it is a cheap alternative and easily removable off the license plate if I do not need it, but so far it lets me mirror screen to front and also custom set up the guidelines. I created very short custom angle guidelines and at the edges of the cam view and saved it to the app/cam, so once I pull up to a curb, the 170 degree view has the curb start to disappear, but the edges still stick out and once the curb edges get within the tiny guidelines. My chin spoiler is nicely positioned 8-10 inches from a curb. Just lets me not have to get out and reposition. battery is lasting me 1 month at least with viewing it only 1 minute per day, then I have to just unbolt the cam and recharge it overnight.

I have front in parking only with higher curbs than my car and people seem to drive a little too close to the rears of cars, so I wanted to be further up. It also lets me not worry about splicing or tampering with my SYNC system, I have the digital cluster/nav and want to keep my warranty intact for now.

Screenshot_20190104-134416.png
Sponsored

Last edited: