Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Just interested - what’s the advantage of a GT500 air box conversion on the GT ? Is there a thread or article I can read about it ? :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:
You need the gt350 intake tube so it's really only a thing for the FP tune people or Mach 1 owners or something along those lines.

There isn't much advantage, unless your car is like mine or StangTimes where the FP intake box doesn't seal that well to the hood. Some cars have a higher or lower hood adjustment from the factory. The higher ones don't seal in a few spots and thus whenever the fans would run, IAT would rocket up. The 500 airbox should correct that.
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Mustangpursuit
I went from 18 in tires to 19s all i did was to find out the RPM of the new tires and sizes then enter it into the pro-cal and upload it mine work fine
Just did 771 -> 755 tire change today and it took 3 minutes to update. no issues and does need a few steps of ignition on and off procal screen instruction process to get it to complete.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The higher ones don't seal in a few spots and thus whenever the fans would run, IAT would rocket up. The 500 airbox should correct that.
Would you mind pointing me to the GT500 airbox ? Does it bolt on to the rest of the FP kit ?

I wouldn't mind something OEM that is covered since I cut out big ass hole in the hood and have a vent there - technically it doesn't sit over the open airbox from the kit but would feel better with it covered (or maybe you want to sell yours ?).

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Would you mind pointing me to the GT500 airbox ? Does it bolt on to the rest of the FP kit ?

I wouldn't mind something OEM that is covered since I cut out big ass hole in the hood and have a vent there - technically it doesn't sit over the open airbox from the kit but would feel better with it covered (or maybe you want to sell yours ?).

GT500 lid does not fit this kit or even a GT350/Bullitt/Mach 1 airbox. The entire GT500 box and lid can be added instead, but you have to do your own modifications to fill in the tube gap and other stuff. not a direct bolt on either. There is a long thread on how to try to make your suggestion work.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-intake-with-gt500-airbox-cover.160642/

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
GT500 lid does not fit this kit or even a GT350/Bullitt/Mach 1 airbox. The entire GT500 box and lid can be added instead, but you have to do your own modifications to fill in the tube gap and other stuff. not a direct bolt on either. There is a long thread on how to try to make your suggestion work.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-intake-with-gt500-airbox-cover.160642/
All you need is the gt500 airbox and lid, everything else you need transfers over from the FP kit airbox. You do need to add some foam to seal around the tube but that's it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

You just need the lid and tray (and some simple foam tape) to convert your FP airbox. I'd consider selling mine but shipping will be annoying since the items are odd shapes.

The "air filter" is a replacement for that foam piece that goes on the fender.
1000003422.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: