Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
According to an inside source at Fluidampr, they are FINALLY releasing a harmonic damper for the Coyote starting this week or next week. Part number 700232 and MSRP $630.70.

It'll take a minute for the usual suspects (Summit, Lethal, etc) to have some for sale, but this is a MUCH better option than the ATI Super Damper, works better, never wears out/needs rebuilding. Awesome option for blower cars.

You can check out MotoIQs discussion with Fluidampr below.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Nice! Always been a fan of Fluidampr and those type balancers and liked that Ford actually went that way for a few years with the OEM one, but alas I think my MY and above they went back to the solid piece.

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
Just for completeness, Innovators West makes a nice balancer. Mine came in at 6.4lbs lighter than my stock balancer.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just for completeness, Innovators West makes a nice balancer. Mine came in at 6.4lbs lighter than my stock balancer.
Beautiful pieces. Mine was exactly 4.2lbs lighter than stock.

IMG_7037.jpeg

IMG_7053.jpeg

Sponsored

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Wonder what the weight is on the Fluidamper? Does anyone think a lighter (and better performing) balancer is a worthwhile upgrade for an NA car? I am considering doing this plus rotors, wheels, water pump pulley, and CF driveshaft over the next year to year and a half. I feel like weight reduction in the right places has to help these cars accelerate easier. Also will be doing with kintetic crank saver, h pipe, and flex tune.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Removing weight off the crank snout, while still absorbing harmonics is severely beneficial.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
SO MUCH to like here!!
Thing is, they are a little late to the party. Will they offer them in many models to support those with front/rear drive supercharger systems as well?

Sponsored

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
For sure, this is one of the primary ways to avoid OPG failure at high RPMs. The fact it's lighter is just a bonus.

Did they say a weight and i missed it?

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Co
Thing is, they are a little late to the party. Will they offer them in many models to support those with front/rear drive supercharger systems as well?
Cory,

if they are built like they used to be, the sc drive pulls bolts to the damper so yes!

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Co

Cory,

if they are built like they used to be, the sc drive pulls bolts to the damper so yes!
Depends on if it’s a front drive or rear drive blower system.

OP
OP
aleccolin

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
How does this unit dampen harmonic vibrations? (What mechanism is used)

Edit: Found the answer in an NHRA article from 2019.

" The Innovators West harmonic dampers are unlike any other on the market currently. Innovators West dampers are friction-style dampers, made almost entirely of U.S.-made materials. The dampers use a set of clutches, inertia rings, and a Bellville spring to load the clutch pack. The harmonics transmitted from the crankshaft to the damper will cause the clutch pack to slip. This slipping of the clutch pack will help absorb the harmonics, turning them into heat. The aluminum body of the damper then helps to dissipate that heat. "
Sponsored

Last edited: