Sponsored

First trackday in the S550! Feedback and Photos

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Finally had an opportunity to take the car out to the local track for the day. Not the best one in southern california but it was close so I couldn't complain. It was however, 107 degrees..

Mods:
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Eibach Prokit
BMR SB043 (front and rear way bar Kit)
BMR ELK012 (front and rear end links Kit)
BMR CB005 (cradle bushing lockout kit)
BMR TCA045 (Billet Vertical Links)
Stainless works Catback Hpipe
MGW Short shifter
TE37 Ultra 20x10 20x11
Nitto Invo 275/35 295/35
APR Front Splitter

The track we were at (Autoclub speedway) wasn't the biggest or fastest track but it was the perfect place to get a good feel of the car. I was pleasantly surprised that with the mods listed the car's performance exceeded my exceptions. For a car that weighed almost 4000lbs (with me and a passenger in it) it felt much much lighter. The car surprised a lot of people that rode with me, my buddy who has a 997 S and S2k was very very impressed by the car. He's driven a few S197's and he said this car was night and day.

Few notes:
- I think the stock shocks/struts paired with the eibach prokit did extremely well. The track was pretty level and didn't have any elevation changes or drops so I would be really interested to see how it does at a bigger track. I would love to swap them out for a set of coilovers soon and be able to adjust some more camber on the car as well.

- The Invo's were great for spirited driving on the streets but at the track after a few laps they started to show their flaws. As it got hotter and hotter the tires got more slippery. Didn't notice it the first few runs but the later runs it was real apparent. Probably will change to a set of RS3's or NT05's for a track specific setup. For a daily driving street tire, I love the Invos.

- The Recaros really do a great job of holding you in place, not as well as my old Sparco EVO 2, but those weren't very comfortable. The recaros definitely have their place for guys who like to take their cars out to the track and still want some type of daily driving comfort. I might be switching mine out though because the seating position is a tad high (I'm 6'4) and with a helmet my head pushing into the top of the car. Hopefully someone comes out with lower seat rails.

And now the photos =]

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Great pictures. Car looks so freaking awesome with those wheels.

Did you have any rubbing issues while pushing the car with the tires?

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
I dig the black on black stripes.

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
16' Mustang Ecoboost *Magnetic* Prem.
Finally had an opportunity to take the car out to the local track for the day. Not the best one in southern california but it was close so I couldn't complain. It was however, 107 degrees..

Mods:
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Eibach Prokit
BMR SB043 (front and rear way bar Kit)
BMR ELK012 (front and rear end links Kit)
BMR CB005 (cradle bushing lockout kit)
BMR TCA045 (Billet Vertical Links)
Stainless works Catback Hpipe
MGW Short shifter
TE37 Ultra 20x10 20x11
Nitto Invo 275/35 295/35
APR Front Splitter

The track we were at (Autoclub speedway) wasn't the biggest or fastest track but it was the perfect place to get a good feel of the car. I was pleasantly surprised that with the mods listed the car's performance exceeded my exceptions. For a car that weighed almost 4000lbs (with me and a passenger in it) it felt much much lighter. The car surprised a lot of people that rode with me, my buddy who has a 997 S and S2k was very very impressed by the car. He's driven a few S197's and he said this car was night and day.

Few notes:
- I think the stock shocks/struts paired with the eibach prokit did extremely well. The track was pretty level and didn't have any elevation changes or drops so I would be really interested to see how it does at a bigger track. I would love to swap them out for a set of coilovers soon and be able to adjust some more camber on the car as well.

- The Invo's were great for spirited driving on the streets but at the track after a few laps they started to show their flaws. As it got hotter and hotter the tires got more slippery. Didn't notice it the first few runs but the later runs it was real apparent. Probably will change to a set of RS3's or NT05's for a track specific setup. For a daily driving street tire, I love the Invos.

- The Recaros really do a great job of holding you in place, not as well as my old Sparco EVO 2, but those weren't very comfortable. The recaros definitely have their place for guys who like to take their cars out to the track and still want some type of daily driving comfort. I might be switching mine out though because the seating position is a tad high (I'm 6'4) and with a helmet my head pushing into the top of the car. Hopefully someone comes out with lower seat rails.

And now the photos =]
Bro! Nice to see it out of the garage! Whenever I go to my buddies place I have to stop and take a look at it. Im taking mine in November to Fontana (Same place you took yours) We took our buddies Audi S4 out there, and it was really smooth. Started raining, but the AWD still held up. Beautiful Mustang though, never gets old looking at it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Bro! Nice to see it out of the garage! Whenever I go to my buddies place I have to stop and take a look at it. Im taking mine in November to Fontana (Same place you took yours) We took our buddies Audi S4 out there, and it was really smooth. Started raining, but the AWD still held up. Beautiful Mustang though, never gets old looking at it.
You're gonna love it!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

5.0onBoard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Black GTPPP
Great looking mustang. Are they matte black stripes or matte clear?

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Thanks for sharing! How much do those wheels weigh? They look pretty good - I wasnt aware there were 20x10 wheels that fit in the front, all the options seems like 19x9.5 or 19x10!

Realize you have not tracked the prior, but do you feel the BMR bracing makes a difference in the way the car handles?

Last edited:

l8tebrker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT modded for track - Blue GT350 TP on order
Car looks great. Regarding your tires. I would recommend the Nitto NT01s for the track. I am on my third set on my 2011 GT. They usually last me a full season which is 8 - 9 track days. As the tread wears down they get even better to the point where I have ridden them down to the cords. You will definitely get your monies worth out of them and they will take several seconds off your lap times.

Did you go with Speed Ventures or another group to the track?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Mike, excellent pics! Car looks bad ass!

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Great looking mustang. Are they matte black stripes or matte clear?
Matte black!

Thanks for sharing! How much do those wheels weigh? They look pretty good - I wasnt aware there were 20x10 wheels that fit in the front, all the options seems like 19x9.5 or 19x10!

Realize you have not tracked the prior, but do you feel the BMR bracing makes a difference in the way the car handles?
I know the 20x10s are 24lbs and not sure about the 20x11, i've seen online that the 20x12s weight in at 25.4 so i'm sure they slot right in-between there somewhere. Ideally would like to get a set of 18's in the future once I figure out what kind of wheel i like.
I really wished that I drove the car completely stock before hand. However, if I could pick 2 of the must have BMR parts, it would be the Cradle lockout and sway bars :thumbsup:

Car looks great. Regarding your tires. I would recommend the Nitto NT01s for the track. I am on my third set on my 2011 GT. They usually last me a full season which is 8 - 9 track days. As the tread wears down they get even better to the point where I have ridden them down to the cords. You will definitely get your monies worth out of them and they will take several seconds off your lap times.

Thanks! I am seriously considering the NT01s for my next session. This one was with Extreme Speed. I will be heading out to Buttonwillow Oct 31 with Porsche Club of America

Mike, excellent pics! Car looks bad ass!
thank you !

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 bmw m3

Nt01 have worked really well for me and my crew on BMWs. They tend to last until the cords and not get heat cycled out, like l8brker said. Grippy and long lasting .. great for DEs! They still talk to you a bit too.

Thanks for sharing the photos and experience. Car looks really nice with the stripes. Considering trading my m3 for a 5.0 PP mustang. This makes it even more tempting!!
Sponsored