Sponsored

Expedite Backordered 5.2 Voodoo Engine replacement?

izo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White
Hi all, my car has been sitting at the dealer for a few months and finally the engine will replaced at no cost. But now they are telling me it is backordered. Any guesses when can they have a long block? Is there a way to expedite the process? Should I call Ford customer representative? Thanks
Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
That's what happens when the auto industry workers go on strike for weeks. Everything gets backed up.
Nahhh. They told me it be several months on a new long block for my 'Litt.

Push the right buttons, & mysteriously, 6 days later, & the eng arrives. šŸ˜†
Even the dealership was shocked that I got it sent over that quickly.

Its actually about how many others are in front of you on the waiting list for these long blocks.

Hint to OP: Your fight isn't with the dealership. They cannot do anything to accelerate the situation.
They are just doing what they do everyday. Not worry about the customer, & only be concerned w/what they can control.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
That's what happens when the auto industry workers go on strike for weeks. Everything gets backed up.
In fairness, I think only a small percentage (10% or so) went on strike. I waited 45 days for my engine around a year ago.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You can try calling the Ford 800# and asking for a Regional Rep to explain your situation. It might get your car assigned a Claim number and bump it to a priority level. However, if there is a supply issue, no one can do a thing about that, not even Ford Corp. especially if itā€™s an issue in the supply/inventory/vendor channel(s).

Maybe if you squeak loud enough to your Regional Rep, they may throw you an Extended Warranty Plan (75k), or a Maintenance Plan (45k)ā€¦

Reactions: izo

Sponsored

OP
OP

izo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White
I can't pass the customer service person - he keeps telling me there are no regional representatives. There are case managers. Is that correct?

UPDATE- I was able to create a case. They told me someone will contact me in one business day. Let's see if this will change anything

Last edited:

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro

jalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I had a repair that sat on the service department lot (uncovered) on it was covered in bird shit and got scratched on their watch.. wishing I would have held the car in my covered garage if any warranty repair was going to take longer than a few days. Hope they can take care of it soon.. Must be emotionally draining to be away from your shelby this long.. it was for me (5 weeks).

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Would that be sn extended warranty or an esp?
It would be a Ford ESP. When I had my prior 2016 and it was in for service for extended intervals (warranty) - and Iā€™m talking it was in for a month, and longest 3 mos (before Buy Back), I was offered BOTH the Maintenance Plan (45k) and the Ford ESP (75k). Not ā€œscoresā€ by any means because they run concurrently with the vehicle invoiced date - and at the time my vehicle still had the 3/36 and the 5/60. However that is what was offered to me for the troubles, so both were tagged to the car via the ViN and uploaded to OASIS (as well as receiving the paperwork).

For the OPā€™s troubles, they should be extending out at least, at the minimum, an ESP or the Maintenance Plan. If he squeaks louder (but politely) with the Regional Rep assigned to his Case IF heā€™s financing, he should request reimbursement for the monthly payments the car has been in-op at the Service Center, and not in his possession to enjoy. :wink:

Reactions: izo

Sponsored
OP
OP

izo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White
It would be a Ford ESP. When I had my prior 2016 and it was in for service for extended intervals (warranty) - and Iā€™m talking it was in for a month, and longest 3 mos (before Buy Back), I was offered BOTH the Maintenance Plan (45k) and the Ford ESP (75k). Not ā€œscoresā€ by any means because they run concurrently with the vehicle invoiced date - and at the time my vehicle still had the 3/36 and the 5/60. However that is what was offered to me for the troubles, so both were tagged to the car via the ViN and uploaded to OASIS (as well as receiving the paperwork).

For the OPā€™s troubles, they should be extending out at least, at the minimum, an ESP or the Maintenance Plan. If he squeaks louder (but politely) with the Regional Rep assigned to his Case IF heā€™s financing, he should request reimbursement for the monthly payments the car has been in-op at the Service Center, and not in his possession to enjoy. :wink:
Thanks a lot, this is pretty helpful. No update on when the engine will be available though:(

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Do you know the date it was actually ordered?

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I had a repair that sat on the service department lot (uncovered) on it was covered in bird shit and got scratched on their watch.. wishing I would have held the car in my covered garage if any warranty repair was going to take longer than a few days. Hope they can take care of it soon.. Must be emotionally draining to be away from your shelby this long.. it was for me (5 weeks).
Sorry to about that, which dealer was this?

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I have one on order from end of October, no ETA. Seems like it is going to be a while.
Sponsored