Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang
Nice set up. Any video of it

Punchy04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang
Thank you. Been thinking about doing this but never thought about turning the hose upside-down. Do you have it zip tied. Wonder how much movement it does. I have a turbosmart bov so I'm not worried about it being muffled lol

Sponsored

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'll try to get a video of it this evening.
Just completed the mod. Went to auto zone and picked everything up, out the door cheap!
Does your filter rest on the coolant line?

I managed to squeeze the clip that connects the hose line to the BPV and rotate it a little so there isn't a big Kink in the line, but right now the filter is still touching the engine cover. It works just fine but my OCD is gong nuts lol :headbonk: I need to let the car cool down so I can comfortably remove it and make it proper

Raibyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I managed to squeeze the clip that connects the hose line to the BPV and rotate it a little so there isn't a big Kink in the line, but right now the filter is still touching the engine cover. It works just fine but my OCD is gong nuts lol :headbonk: I need to let the car cool down so I can comfortably remove it and make it proper
I disconnected the hose completely from both ends, figured out how I wanted to arrange it, then connected it. It seemed to be a lot easier than trying to rotate the hose while it was still attached to the BPV. Definitely easier to do when the car has cooled down, though!

ELPYBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang EB Premium w/ PP and Navi
Do you really need to filter that bov? I have mine open for over 25k km.

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Do you really need to filter that bov? I have mine open for over 25k km.

No. When it's closed, obviously nothing can get in, and when it's open, its forcing air out. It would be a miracle if some kind of debris made it in their. It's like trying to get dust down an "air duster" straw while its actively spraying pressurized air, ya not happening.

Raibyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
No. When it's closed, obviously nothing can get in, and when it's open, its forcing air out. It would be a miracle if some kind of debris made it in their. It's like trying to get dust down an "air duster" straw while its actively spraying pressurized air, ya not happening.
That's correct for a mechanical BOV. However, the Mustang does not have a mechanical BOV. It is electronically controlled by the ECU. If you have an AccessPort, monitor the BOV status while you drive the car. You will notice the BOV is open at times even when you have a vacuum state instead of boost. That means it can be sucking air in through the open BOV. Hence a filter has been recommended to prevent unfiltered air from entering the open BOV.

Sponsored

richard0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
That's correct for a mechanical BOV. However, the Mustang does not have a mechanical BOV. It is electronically controlled by the ECU. If you have an AccessPort, monitor the BOV status while you drive the car. You will notice the BOV is open at times even when you have a vacuum state instead of boost. That means it can be sucking air in through the open BOV. Hence a filter has been recommended to prevent unfiltered air from entering the open BOV.
Sorry if this is a noob question, are u guys using the sock intake

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Sorry if this is a noob question, are u guys using the sock intake

You can vent BOV to atmosphere on a stock or aftermarket intake it doesn't matter. If you do it with the stock intake you have to find your own means to plug the stock intake port that will now be open. I think a lot of aftermarket intakes already come with a plug for you to have the option to run either.

As far as putting a filter on the BOV there's some dispute on that. My tuner said there's no reason for it. It's about as useful as putting a filter on your exhaust tips. Your BOV is opening to release pressure. Even when you're in vacuum. That's when it releasing the most anyway, right when you let off the throttle it opens to release pressure, and is doing so while in vacuum. Same on the highway it's releasing boost to save gas. If boost is going in the motor you need more fuel, so it does this for efficiency.

richard0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
You can vent BOV to atmosphere on a stock or aftermarket intake it doesn't matter. If you do it with the stock intake you have to find your own means to plug the stock intake port that will now be open. I think a lot of aftermarket intakes already come with a plug for you to have the option to run either.

As far as putting a filter on the BOV there's some dispute on that. My tuner said there's no reason for it. It's about as useful as putting a filter on your exhaust tips. Your BOV is opening to release pressure. Even when you're in vacuum. That's when it releasing the most anyway, right when you let off the throttle it opens to release pressure, and is doing so while in vacuum. Same on the highway it's releasing boost to save gas. If boost is going in the motor you need more fuel, so it does this for efficiency.
Got cha, thanks the reply. . I'm returning my boomba bov adapter since it hisses and whistles on the highway. It will do that until u let off the gas. If/when I get a CAI I'll give this a try.. Torrie tried to help tune it down but it still did it :/

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Same on the highway it's releasing boost to save gas. If boost is going in the motor you need more fuel, so it does this for efficiency.
I just drove 500 miles highway and thought my valve was broken due to the amount it vented while under cruse control. Thanks for clarifying that my car isn't broken :headbonk:

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I hooked my tube back up today, with the MMR CAI and a K&N filter on the tube it was just ridiculously loud, which is great when you want to make an entrance or scare off a Camaro or the Lumber Bus (challenger) but, like [MENTION=18987]BlackBoostedStang[/MENTION] said, on the highway with CC on, its annoying
Sponsored