willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I've had a tune on car since 300 miles now with 4500 miles of mostly city driving which is hard on any valve with lots of constant operation. I started to notice a hiss sound that sounded like the BPV but checking the AP it was not being opened by the car at the time. Not sure if it was leaking or not. Also it started to make a Hiccup sound more often when it initially opens at high boost. Not sure if that is normal or not but at that point I just decided to replace the stocker.

Its hard to describe but the boost feels way different possibly because its not constantly venting at low rpm like the stock valve. Either way its sooooo nice not having that stock valve constantly operating. It drove me nuts after a while especially in traffic.
Ok I get it now, so you were having almost a flutter of boost throughout low rpm? Interesting, I think I may look into changing mine as well!

Lastly my buddy who has a focus st told me that the purpose of re circulation was to keep the turbo spooling between shifts so not a huge loss in boost pressure.... Is there any truth to that?
Sponsored

nax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red EcoStang
Yesterday I decided to give this a whirl on my otherwise stock car. I used the rubber chair feet just as suggested.

I love the new sound, but I'm slightly worried that the engine bay may be too hot for the cap. Is there any worry of the cap melting?

willmkent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Yesterday I decided to give this a whirl on my otherwise stock car. I used the rubber chair feet just as suggested.

I love the new sound, but I'm slightly worried that the engine bay may be too hot for the cap. Is there any worry of the cap melting?
I really don't think so, I've had mine on there for a few days even through the hot heat and it seems perfectly fine.

I'm more concerned now that I'm losing turbo quick spool due to what my buddy told me, still trying to find out if that's a valid factor or not

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I really don't think so, I've had mine on there for a few days even through the hot heat and it seems perfectly fine.

I'm more concerned now that I'm losing turbo quick spool due to what my buddy told me, still trying to find out if that's a valid factor or not
It's not unless you've changed something else or knocked something else loose. I've ran mine VTA for thousands of miles now without any problems or noticeable irregularities.

Sponsored

EnFOURcer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turbosmartusa.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, 2015 5.0, 2007 GT500, 2014 Tremor
Lastly my buddy who has a focus st told me that the purpose of re circulation was to keep the turbo spooling between shifts so not a huge loss in boost pressure.... Is there any truth to that?
No

The purpose of re-circulation is to have a completely sealed and quiet system.

The purpose of BOV and BPV's is to relieve the pressure from the intake tract at throttle lift that would normally back up in the intake and cause compressor stall, surge, etc.
When a BPV or BOV valve opens, this pressure is vented allowing the compressor to free-wheel and maintain momentum. This reduces lag between shifts and also reduces thrust bearing wear.

willmkent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
No

The purpose of re-circulation is to have a completely sealed and quiet system.

The purpose of BOV and BPV's is to relieve the pressure from the intake tract at throttle lift that would normally back up in the intake and cause compressor stall, surge, etc.
When a BPV or BOV valve opens, this pressure is vented allowing the compressor to free-wheel and maintain momentum. This reduces lag between shifts and also reduces thrust bearing wear.
Thank you very much! To all who responded. I appreciate the knowledge shared. This is a great forum no doubt many can learn here!

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Yes we do.

Yes this mod is fine but I will say that due to the design and function of the OEM solenoid valve, I would recommend installing a small filter on the outlet pipe and plugging the intake section with a cap (as many are doing) to keep the system sealed and clean.
dumb question but where is the outlet pipe? If there is a removal of just the recirculation hose and that is covered up (as some are doing with rubber furniture pieces), why/where is a filter needed?

EnFOURcer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turbosmartusa.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecostang, 2015 5.0, 2007 GT500, 2014 Tremor
dumb question but where is the outlet pipe? If there is a removal of just the recirculation hose and that is covered up (as some are doing with rubber furniture pieces), why/where is a filter needed?
Your removing a hose that connects two parts.
One part is on the intake itself. Capping that is correct.
The other part is directly below the factory valve. Install a small filter there on that section that is now venting to atmosphere to keep dirt and junk out of the OEM solenoid.

Punchy04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang
Well I replaced my stock BPV that was running with the tube disconnected for quite some time now. I really do think my stock one was leaking or it may just be the operation of the factory valve vs a vacuum operated valve but the boost is very different. It feels stronger and doesn't operate constantly. for anyone thinking of replacing the stock BPV it is really worth it and quire easy to install. the hardest part for me was installing the adapter block for the vacuum line because its a really tight fit. other than that it was straight forward.
Had the same problem with the adapter block too. Ending up putting the adapter in the freezer over night to shrink it a little. Also added a small washer to the adapter mounting bolt because when tighten it wasn't flush with the intake. Was worried about vaccum leak.

Sponsored

87IROCZOWNER69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost and 1987 IROC-Z
Your removing a hose that connects two parts.
One part is on the intake itself. Capping that is correct.
The other part is directly below the factory valve. Install a small filter there on that section that is now venting to atmosphere to keep dirt and junk out of the OEM solenoid.
Where would one get a filter that wouldn't obstruct the venting of the bpv?

Punchy04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang
This might work but not sure how muffled the bov will sound.
Screenshot_2015-09-12-19-47-13.jpg

Jq42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
This might be a dumb question, however, I bought a JLT CAI. When I install the CAI I should remove the "big" hose and "little" hose? or should I reconnect the little hose? And if so is it ok to leave them disconnected or should I remove the entire hose?

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Reconnect the little hose. It uses a quick disconnect style plug that kind of snaps on.

Raibyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I am testing a setup now using a breather filter. I disconnected the recirculating tube, capped off the inlet on the intake using the chair tips, reoriented the hose to point toward the front of the car when reconnected to the BPV outlet, then installed the filter on the end of the hose. It sounds almost the same as having no filter attached, so the filter doesn't really muffle the blow-off sound. Should prevent unfiltered air from entering the intake.

This is the filter I used: http://www.autozone.com/intake-system/breather-filter/spectre-breather-filter/228293_0_0/

This is how it looks:

Sponsored