Sponsored

Did GT350 values just get bolstered with the S650 reveal?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
The GT3 car looks nice. If they make another GT350 from that with an updated/improved Voodoo, I'm interested.
Thats a tall order lol. The GT3 will most likely be above $300k (compared to to others in that class) and they wont go with FPC due to the unreliability on track.

I think the Dark Horse R is the 350R equivalent and the Dark Horse S is the new FP350S (im assuming)
Sponsored

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
This particular car seams to be marketed at the gamming generation.
Per Car and Driver's recent article on the new S650:

" The new-look interior is a big break from tradition, but Ford said it's intended to appeal to a younger demographic of people who grew up playing video games."

I grew up playing video games. I love my GT350 analog dials.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Per Car and Driver's recent article on the new S650:

" The new-look interior is a big break from tradition, but Ford said it's intended to appeal to a younger demographic of people who grew up playing video games."

I grew up playing video games. I love my GT350 analog dials.
I have to imagine the price tag is going to be hefty, can the younger demographic they’re targeting afford it?? Maybe the 2.3L is still relatively affordable?

I also grew up playing video games and much prefer analog gauges/dials.

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
The new car hood look super high, thick and featureless to me. One thing about our 350's is how beautifully sculpted the hood is. I think someone said it was "shrink-wrapped" around the engine, and I think its the best most unique panel on the car. After viewing the reveal, then going out to my garage, we have nothing to worry about.

And, what's with the HIGH back end? Does it need to be SUV height ? IDK....
S650 Front grille/hood has a "sleepy eyelid" vibe that reminds me of the first gen e90 kidney grille, which is not a good thing.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Always interesting to here the psychological responses to a new design weather slight or drastic.
Everyone is a critic including myself. Time will tell as new designs always take a bit to settle in. The 7G is not, in my opinion a drastic change at all.
I‘ll wait to form an opinion well after the performance reviews come in. I’m thinking we’ll be pleasantly surprised with the performance tweaks of the new GT. I mean does anyone really think Ford went backwards in this department? We already know Dodge and Chevy are going in another direction…..or do we? If they do, I’ll guarantee Fords move to keep a powerful V8 wIll be looked at as brilliant.
I really don’t care much if my GT350 shoots up in value or not, it won’t change my life. I will enjoy what I have for as long as it’s practical for me.
I‘m not a brand loyalist. The last seven vehicles we’ve bought have been from six different manufacturers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That’s my gut feeling also. Last ICE Mustang, to me there has to be at least one last Shelby. And I’ll be in line when order books open for that one.
With a lot of the fleet going EV - it's hard to say if Ford is going to retire the ICE anytime soon. I know that's the main fear being proliferated lately but Ford knows it has a huge customer base who wants NA, Manual transmission sports cars. If they stop offering them before others do, they know some customers are going to switch brands.

Grateful no. I had hoped the Mustang would have been a significant leap forward even at the expense of my GT350. Holding out hope that your car is going to maintain value based on a disappointing new version is silly. And I might add selfish.
You act like someone here actually had an effect on this, but we don't - we're along for the ride. I've lost my ass on most cars for the last 30 years so; So when a industry shift or reveal of a new, less featured model helps the residual value of my current car, you can bet I'm not disappointed, lol. Values of assets like this are definitely a component of ownership..more for some than others but to suggest that paying attention to the market is silly is...silly.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was thinking you were going to add a Dark Horse R (or S) to your garage just to go with the other vehicles.
Why?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thats a tall order lol. The GT3 will most likely be above $300k (compared to to others in that class) and they wont go with FPC due to the unreliability on track.

I think the Dark Horse R is the 350R equivalent and the Dark Horse S is the new FP350S (im assuming)
I took a quick look at the specs and I didn't get that at all.

Did I miss something?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I took a quick look at the specs and I didn't get that at all.

Did I miss something?
Sorry didn’t mean it was exact but I was more so referring to how the 350R is the dedicated track version/upgrade of a normal GT. So is the Dark Horse R.

The S version is fully caged and cannot be plated similar to that of a FP350S.

Again, not saying it’s a direct comparison but that’s how I see it unless they have another model. But in the tiers of the S550 EB-GT-350- 350R-FP350S that’s how I see the S650 EB-GT-DH-DHR-DHS.

Edit to add: after reading the descriptions again, I may have misunderstood for the DHS is intended for.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Sorry didn’t mean it was exact but I was more so referring to how the 350R is the dedicated track version/upgrade of a normal GT. So is the Dark Horse R.

The S version is fully caged and cannot be plated similar to that of a FP350S.

Again, not saying it’s a direct comparison but that’s how I see it unless they have another model. But in the tiers of the S550 EB-GT-350- 350R-FP350S that’s how I see the S650 EB-GT-DH-DHR-DHS.

Edit to add: after reading the descriptions again, I may have misunderstood for the DHS is intended for.
Yea, that was what I was getting at. Hey, I'm all excited for Ford developing new products and honestly I really don't care if my Rs are overshadowed, but I'm not seeing it here. It's a GT with a tremec, and some extra horsepower.

Just not seeing it.

Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Welp. I think all of you 350 guys should sell now and put orders in for the dark horse. Especially those of you with 18&up low mileage white with blue stripes, or solid blue GT350s.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Overall, I like the new car. Not enough to get me out of my 350, but I definitely don't hate it.

Booboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2020 PB GT350
I dont like the interior, steering wheel looks like off an suv, looks like they combined mercedes and fox body interiors. And the on/off parking brake/drift handle?? Do they not know of all the mustang crash jokes out there, prep for more crowd-busting crashes lol.

Long shot: since they now have a dual-tb intake, maybe a proper FPC iteration is in the works?!

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Give Ford credit for being the only true ICE muscle car going into 2024, with a big V8 and manual transmission. That alone will boast sales for them, especially when people start to see the shortfalls of EV's.
I also think Ford is betting on a new administration in the White House after 2024. One that will bring back our oil and gas production, and get rid of all these mandates for EV productions by 2035. If that happens, Ford will already be in the best position to capitalize on people returning to ICE.

Fambreezy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT-350
I would say no. The Dark Horse to me is basically a 350 without the "Shelby" title. 500 hp, Tremec, magna ride suspension, track focused car. The previous GT was 460hp. Now you can get one that's 500hp out of the box, with a great manual trans, which is very close to performance specs on the 350. There will be improvements as the models years change. Long term this car doesn't affect the the 350 but short term... Why would someone pay up for a car that has known engine issues and owners that want too much for a used car when they can get basically the same thing in the dark horse with an engine that doesn't have the same issues and it's brand new? I think people that own these cars have already seen the values start to come down. I don't see that changing due to yesterdays announcement. Long term though I think any manual trans high hp car will be appealing and hold value when we are all driving around in EV's
Sponsored

Last edited: