Finally

Old Fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Auto Prem Conv
This is my first car with cooled seats. I imagined a nice cool breeze blowing through the fabric of the sets from the bottom to the top, bathing my fat self in air conditioned luxury. It sounded like a wonderful idea, especially here in MD where the summers are hotter and more humid than satan's butt. Anyway, I had hoped that the entire back of the seat would cool, or at least have some positive airflow. Same with the bottom. Nope. I read all the threads about folks with problems with the seats, but I hoped that I'd get lucky. The only thing that seems to be cooling is a very narrow band at the bottom of the back, and the rear of the bottom. It feels like a lot of kayak trips I've taken... kinda like having a wet spot that's cooler than everything else. The net result is a kind of creepy feeling like I've got wet shorts (I don't). I end up turning it off... the creepy feeling outweighs the tiny bit of cooling. :frusty:
Sponsored

Phathalate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White
It's definitely a little weird at first, feels like spilling a cool drink on your lap, but now I've reached a point where I would miss them if my car didn't have the option.

I guess it's one of those "to each their own" cases.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I wish they worked (a lot) better, but my conclusion is it's better than nothing and I use it all the time when it's warm.

Detector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
It would have been nice for the back to be cooled as well, but when it gets 110Âş out that cooled seat feels mighty fine. A little creepy, yes, but still mighty fine.

Monumaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
My wife has a 2015 expedition and the cooled seats work so well it absolutely amazing. I hardly even use the A/C... Butt on cool, windows down is a fantastic combo. It's a total let down in my S550 since they barley work at all. I almost wish I didn't know what they feel like when they work how their supposed too.

Sponsored

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
especially here in MD where the summers are hotter and more humid than satan's butt.
:frusty: I guess you've never been to the Texas Gulf coast.

I hardly even use the A/C... Butt on cool, windows down is a fantastic combo.
NE OH. My daughter moved to Youngstown last month and keeps posting screen shots of the high being in the 70's. What a load of crap! It's 9:47 in the PM and it's 87* here.

randyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The cooled seat purpose is to keep you from sweating on your back and butt. its not supposed to replace air conditioning. If it had active breezy airflow, you would be so cold you couldn't stand it. Its just so your clothes don't get wet from hot days sitting on leather.

This is my first car with cooled seats. I imagined a nice cool breeze blowing through the fabric of the sets from the bottom to the top, bathing my fat self in air conditioned luxury. It sounded like a wonderful idea, especially here in MD where the summers are hotter and more humid than satan's butt. Anyway, I had hoped that the entire back of the seat would cool, or at least have some positive airflow. Same with the bottom. Nope. I read all the threads about folks with problems with the seats, but I hoped that I'd get lucky. The only thing that seems to be cooling is a very narrow band at the bottom of the back, and the rear of the bottom. It feels like a lot of kayak trips I've taken... kinda like having a wet spot that's cooler than everything else. The net result is a kind of creepy feeling like I've got wet shorts (I don't). I end up turning it off... the creepy feeling outweighs the tiny bit of cooling. :frusty:

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
You misspelled "crappy" in your title... :D

BTW, I have them in my Flex and they're a joke in there as well. I can feel it wearing cotton gym shorts, but there's no feeling when I'm wearing blue jeans. My back still pours sweat in the Texas heat. It's a complete waste of money. I bought mine used so I didn't have a choice.

ks_s550

Saini GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I agree that the cooled seats are kind of creepy. The first time I turned them on, it felt really nice, but it felt really wrong at the same time. The experience was much weirder when I wore shorts. On a side note, the cooled seats work perfectly for me.

Sponsored

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB PP 6MT
First time passengers in my car, I like to prank them by turning on the cooled seats then watch them freak out thinking they pissed themselves.
Haha. I did this too! No regrets swapping for Recaro here!

filmamigo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang V6 fastback
LOL I always felt the same way about heated seats. Seemed unnatural, like suddenly my butt was on fire or had gotten some unhealthy disease :-/

randyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
haha, you guys are all crazy. Nothing wrong or unnatural about heated or cooled seats. They are meant to just take the edge off (of being to cold or to warm)

LOL I always felt the same way about heated seats. Seemed unnatural, like suddenly my butt was on fire or had gotten some unhealthy disease :-/

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Funny I read this!

I never mentioned this, thinking I may be the only weird person in the forum thinking I wet my pants. Considering most are stating the cooled seat feature doesn't work.

randyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ok, lets be honest here.... All joking aside, there are a billion cars (not sure how many but there are a lot) on the road with heated and cooled seats. Only a few post on forums or blogs and even then even then mostly its just ones who complain actually make it in writing in front of you. My heated and cooled seats work fabulously in my 2015 Mustang. As does 99% of those who have it or use it. So yes, most people out of 10 here seem to think their cooled seats are not working properly... And its possible many of these 10 are having actual problems with them. But 999,999,999 are not having problems with them.

This forum and all the great guys here are wonderful at providing new ideas, bettering old ideas and fostering great opinions. But please don't, buy, sell, replace or form any meaningful opinions based on a couple of people with expectations that maybe beyond the intended use anyway. Or even if all 10 are having actual malfunctions with their seats, thats 10 out of a billion. I'm just saying, do a little more research than just what us opinion givers are providing. Yes that includes myself.... You guys are great, I love this forum.

Funny I read this!

I never mentioned this, thinking I may be the only weird person in the forum thinking I wet my pants. Considering most are stating the cooled seat feature doesn't work.
Sponsored