Car is dead but front signals are blinking

sachmo133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I drove my car earlier and wife noticed my front signals were blinking. The doors are unlocked but there is no power in the car at all. Doors will not lock. Will try to jump it when it stops raining. But anyone have any insight?
Sponsored

OP
OP
sachmo133

sachmo133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Sorry it was about 5 hours between me driving the car and my wife seeing the lights.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Really Weird Symptoms result from low or bad batteries in these cars.

If you can jump start it, take your battery to be tested.

Corporate_Rebel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 23 T Bucket 13 F150 07 Roadking
My F150 does the same thing when the battery tanks. Checked everything for a ground short or a draw you name it. Ends up just being the truck having a meltdown when the battery drops a cell. Relays lock on and 4 ways just blink until you power down everything.

OP
OP
sachmo133

sachmo133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yeah dead battery. Jumped it via ford roadside and run it for about 30 minutes and all is fine. I have never had a battery go so dead before.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Sounds like it's time for a couple of things.

First, have the battery condition checked. Any auto parts store will do it for free.

Second, check the car (or have someone do it) for any unusual parasitic draw.

Personally, I wouldn't put those off for too long...

K Myers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
I drove my car earlier and wife noticed my front signals were blinking. The doors are unlocked but there is no power in the car at all. Doors will not lock. Will try to jump it when it stops raining. But anyone have any insight?
Take the battery out getting it checked then reset the BMS. The BMS must be reset everytime you disconnect the battery to let it know what rate to charge it at. This should fix it.

Screenshot_20240309_234917_Chrome.jpg

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Yup that's a dead battery! That's actually one of the ways the computer tries to tell you the battery is dead. Mine did the same thing when my battery went. Showed no symptoms of it going bad until it went bad. :like:

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Take the battery out getting it checked then reset the BMS. The BMS must be reset everytime you disconnect the battery to let it know what rate to charge it at. This should fix it.

I did not know this. I've unhooked my batter quiet a few times & I just reconnect when done.

Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The doors are unlocked but there is no power in the car at all.
There's your answer. If you do not lock the doors, the car is always active in a state of readiness waiting for the ignition start. If you've been doing this all along since you've had the car, you've been slowly weakening the battery. This time it finally become too weak to function. Always lock your car doors, and always store the key fob away from the car. Keeping the fob within proximity of the car, also puts it in a state of readiness waiting for the unlock signal.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48

To clarify - the BMS reset tells the system that the battery is new (days in service), not the state of charge. The system calculates the state of charge any time the car is locked and the fob is out of range for 8-10 hours.
Sponsored