Sponsored

Can we stop the vendor advertising wars?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I mean c'mon already... all the top threads are vendor advertising wars on who's got the best Black Friday/Holiday deals...

Can we stop already and just keep those in the vendor sections??

Everyone can search their fav vendor on here and figure/find out the deals. Don't need the multiple triple/quadruple ad bumps by XYZ ....
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Everyone can search their fav vendor on here and figure/find out the deals. Don't need the multiple triple/quadruple ad bumps by XYZ
I agree about the multiple bumps and stuff, but I personally don't mind the competition especially if the prices are highly visible. This incentivizes the vendors to do better if they see their competitors prices plastered front and center on the forum.

I don't have a favorite vendor, I go by price. So I tend to look for the best price and if it's all listed in one spot rather than having to compare 5-6 different websites it's much easier.

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
I agree about the multiple bumps and stuff, but I personally don't mind the competition especially if the prices are highly visible. This incentivizes the vendors to do better if they see their competitors prices plastered front and center on the forum.

I don't have a favorite vendor, I go by price. So I tend to look for the best price and if it's all listed in one spot rather than having to compare 5-6 different websites it's much easier.

^This, I love capitalism.
Never forget that these vendors pay the bills.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I tend to do repeat business with whomever provides the best value. That doesnā€™t mean the best price, close is good enough. I mean the kind of place thatā€™ll go in the ā€œbackā€ and find you that clip that was missing from the box you received when there arenā€™t any new ones in stock. Anyone can drop a price. Customers are people and not a metric to be measured along with acceptable attrition rates.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I mean c'mon already... all the top threads are vendor advertising wars on who's got the best Black Friday/Holiday deals...

Everyone can search their fav vendor on here and figure/find out the deals. Don't need the multiple triple/quadruple ad bumps by XYZ ....
I completely agree. It's not their forum.

Sponsored

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

The "Vendor War" is only applicable when we are in search of an Item/Deal. I have come to appreciate the advertisements for that reason. With that said, I got all that I need for my car so dont care much anymore šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜†

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have to problem vendors spamming their own sections. But any post that is outside their area should be immediately deleted.

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
šŸ˜•

IMG_2153.png

s3ltz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT

Just take notes and don't buy from them. That's what I do. Straight to the bottom of my list.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
There used to be a feature that you can filter out what sub boards populate that top thread panel. Maybe it's a website thing and not available in the app? I detest apps so never install them.

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I agree. I come here to try and learn more about Mustangs. Not to see advertisements. They should stay in the vendor section.
I record anything that I might be interested in on TV so that I can fast forward through commercials. I ainā€™t got time for that!
When I need parts I will choose to spend my time on that. I just scroll right on by the stuff here.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Extreme Online store is the biggest offender here. Just ignore their profile and all their threads will dissapear.
One of the best features about this site is the ignore feature. If you put a profile on ignore and they post, it doesn't even show up that they posted in the feed. Every other board I post on, it will show you that they posted but not WHAT they posted. I like it very much.
Sponsored