Sponsored

Big insurance increase (State Farm)--anyone else?

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
My 22 GT500 went down from $758 per year to $649 and my wife’s 22 GT convertible went from $439 per year to $368 per year. We have 250/500K with a $500 deductible.
We were really happy with our insurance decrease this year.
On a side note my beater 04 Camry with liability only dropped to $151 per year.
Who is your carrier?

RJ
Sponsored

NavyMAChief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Whipple GT350
Bummer they are regional as you have the best rates I’ve seen. Of course being regional might be why as they don’t have all the shitty drivers from Florida, I type in my zip and the response was sorry we don’t allow your kind here lol.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
This is what my sf agent said when i inquired about prices. never have had any accidents or tickets in 17 years

"The rates on the Ford did have an increase on renewal which is due to all that is going on. Inflation, cost of health care, more accidents and cost of parts etc.
All these increases have been affecting our rates. Also the cost of comp and coll has increased due to the repairs on that vehicle "

Last edited:

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 gt premium performance, 22 civic, 95 f150
Usaa just jacked my rates by almost 50% last renewal.. dreading what they're going to do on renewal now that I got a mustang. I went from paying $278/mo to $484/mo for bare minimum coverage

Quotes from every other insurance is around the same or barely enough of a change to do it. Costco actually flat out refused to insure us because we had our windshield replaced back in 2017 and again in 2018 due to the new windshield being installed improperly..

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Usaa just jacked my rates by almost 50% last renewal.. dreading what they're going to do on renewal now that I got a mustang. I went from paying $278/mo to $484/mo for bare minimum coverage

Quotes from every other insurance is around the same or barely enough of a change to do it. Costco actually flat out refused to insure us because we had our windshield replaced back in 2017 and again in 2018 due to the new windshield being installed improperly..
Sucks so bad. That is a crappy love hate relationship with a nice car that people love wrecking. Hope your rates don’t go up much

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 gt premium performance, 22 civic, 95 f150
Sucks so bad. That is a crappy love hate relationship with a nice car that people love wrecking. Hope your rates don’t go up much
Unfortunately that rate hike was with my honda civic & mazda3 hatchback so when the policy renews with the mustang.. I'm afraid to think what they'll do

Also clean driving record for over 18 years with no tickets or claims and they do that hike. Fiance has been with them since she was 16

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Just got another rate increase total so far is 30% for the year.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Literally just got an email on my monthly withdrawal for my auto insurance, got dayum another freakin increase. Monthly payment has increased $40.00! WTF is going on?!?!?!?!?!?! My per month insurance payment has increased over $100.00 in less than a year!

I have Progressive.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Literally just got an email on my monthly withdrawal for my auto insurance, got dayum another freakin increase. Monthly payment has increased $40.00! WTF is going on?!?!?!?!?!?! My per month insurance payment has increased over $100.00 in less than a year!

I have Progressive.
Time to shop around. Use both a broker and the online quote systems so that you can compare notes and keep everyone honest.

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Solution? .... buy a Chevy Spark (98hp matched with CVT)

(TCman runs and hides)

spark.jpg

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Ours went up as well! Home owners and our car. It's only gonna get worse. Especially with the fire that just happened in Hawaii. Insurance companies aren't gonna eat that cost we will!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Usaa just re upped my home owners 6 hours ago got notification yearly renewal. 1200 to 1750. Zzz

not shopping around because still cheapest but lame. Just contributing to thread sadness

Solution? .... buy a Chevy Spark (98hp matched with CVT)

(TCman runs and hides)

spark.jpg
I’d drive it. Car equivalent to my 23 zuma. Love it lol.

IMG_5246.jpeg

Alerch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My insurance rates went up as well, I decided to put the mustang on my classic car policy with my other classics at the first of the year through hagerty and just kept the truck on the main policy.. Even still the cost of the truck insurance went up $50 a month since this time last year.. I have allstate for the house and auto.. been with them for 13 yrs.. I kind of understand why rates went up in my area due to the amount of accidents and uninsured drivers here in good ole South Carolina.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I've started over-budgeting for homeowners and auto insurance, the next several years. It might slow down, but I'm afraid the trend will continue, up.

FL seems to be suffering the greatest increases, homeowners insurance especially. It feels like we're not too far behind in CO.

Inflation, companies recovering losses, people driving under the influence or more distracted than ever before.

I've clawed back a little. In my homeowners, updating the roof material within the policy took some off the premium. On auto, I made an adjustment to actual mileage driven. Previously, I'd also found the safe driver discount unchecked on the company's website (unchecked by default). It's not much, but a small victories none-the-less.
Sponsored

Last edited: