Sponsored

Best header fitment, and the option to order catless pipes.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Just an FYI, both companies are greater Cleveland based, stainless works is in Streetsboro Ohio about halfway between Cle and Akron, and Corsa is in Berea Ohio, a west side burb of Cle and about 10 minutes from my house. Also Ultimate headers, started by the former founder of corsa, is about a mile down the street from corsa.
I was in Cleveland a few weeks ago for a wedding. I couldn't believe how quite it is, no traffic, no lines at stores, no waiting an hour for a table at a restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised. Add to that the costs of houses are like 1/2 what they are here in Denver- I may just have to relocate. lol
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I was in Cleveland a few weeks ago for a wedding. I couldn't believe how quite it is, no traffic, no lines at stores, no waiting an hour for a table at a restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised. Add to that the costs of houses are like 1/2 what they are here in Denver- I may just have to relocate. lol
Ohio is a fully red state too, so that's a plus

5doorsoffury

Threads
Reaction score
a forsaken branch of the wavefunction called ny,
First Name
this guy
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
walker 41976 is a 12" long slip fit. keep the cats for a fast swap if u need em.
20240505_003954.jpg

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1(Need For Green)
walker 41976 is a 12" long slip fit. keep the cats for a fast swap if u need em.
20240505_003954.jpg
Sounds even better. I'll look into it before I destroy the cats in the future.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I’ve never waiting in line at a store in Detroit either. I have been robbed in a store in Detroit however. Do with that info what you will lol

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Catless guys, what is the benefit to running catless? There are cats that support 1200hp. My 68 doesn’t have cats obviously and I reek of gas after I drive it even with the carb dialed in.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Once you go boosted, all that extra fuel can melt the cats. Sure you can get better cats and you can lean out your A/F to protect the cats, but you run the risk of internal engine damage as a result. it's cheaper, less risky, and all around easier to just go catless once you go boosted.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Might be, I’m not sure that’s why I’m asking lol. I know nothing about the catless world on modern cars
I remember reading something about a pair of cats costing over $5K. For that price, they had better be able to withstand an earthquake style vibrations and lava like temps. I’d hate to be the testbed for those, only to find out that they too can and do fail.

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Just curious what about running cats further downstream so they aren’t getting hit by such hot EGTs?

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Once you go boosted, all that extra fuel can melt the cats. Sure you can get better cats and you can lean out your A/F to protect the cats, but you run the risk of internal engine damage as a result. it's cheaper, less risky, and all around easier to just go catless once you go boosted.
It's actually the other way around. When cat protection kicks in, the a/f ratio richens up so extra fuel will cool the cats. Whipple told me their tune goes into cat protection after ~4 seconds of WOT.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just curious what about running cats further downstream so they aren’t getting hit by such hot EGTs?
That’s a good question. I imagine it would take a specially made o2 sensor harness that’s long enough to reach the relocated sensor bungs. I haven’t searched via google, but I would imagine that someone, somewhere has tried it. You have me curious now, so I’m gonna search to see what I can find.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It's more than just EGT's, under WOT you can be as rich as 11 to 1 and some unburned fuel can get into the exhaust and reach the cats, and once that extra fuel ignites, it can melt your cats. And with the high heat source being right in the cats itself, well you can guess what eventually happens. Moving them down stream will only prolong the inevitable.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It's actually the other way around. When cat protection kicks in, the a/f ratio richens up so extra fuel will cool the cats. Whipple told me their tune goes into cat protection after ~4 seconds of WOT.
That's true, if your tuner knows about it and utilizes that strategy.
Sponsored