Sponsored

Best Brake for street/Tracks

Chvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian
It is about that time, the car is about to come out of winter sotrage and I burned the stock pads up on the race track this past year. I am looking to get some new ones a few weeks after it comes out. Wanted to get your guys opinion on the best brakes for street driving/track use. I don't mind cleaning wheels so brake dust is not an issue.
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I like the brake best Z26. low initial bite for good street manners but they clamp when you want them too. Low dust too. Only pad Iā€™ll run on my charger that because it holds up to the weight of that car. Pretty cheap too.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just upgraded to Powerstop Z26s for street and track as a preliminary measure before upgrading to four-pots.

These are absolutely excellent, no squeal, no dust if you make sure to break them in per the instructions on a back road,

Have yet to track, but the stopping power is VERY noticeable over stock.

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
Track - Hawk DTC-60 and DTC-70 (I run a 2 pc front rotor but not essential)
- Pagid RS - another great pad (ran them 3 years back in a GT350R
Street - Hawk HP
- Powerstop Z26 (this is a very good overall street pad for the money) I concur with others.

Sponsored

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
Have a look here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt-pp-brake-pad-replacement-option-list-revived.193970/

PS: I use cheap Bendix SBM1792 for DD. They are stellar for my taste since they feel exactly like my OEM pads (hard initial bite, very strong brake performance but quite a bit of dust -- cheap as hell tho šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø)
PS2: Z26's were reported to literally break in half after a couple of laps on a track. YMMV but while everyone here swears by them, I steer clear of them.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Do not use the powerstop Z26 pads for the track, you will regret it when they dissolve.

Run G-Loc pads. You can run both their track compounds and their daily compound on the same rotor without damage or loss of effectiveness.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Gloc R6 Autocross pad.

Your nuts if you run the Powerstop Z26 on a track

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Gloc R6 Autocross pad.

Your nuts if you run the Powerstop Z26 on a track
These cars are fast and heavy. If youā€™re running the 4 pots or lower Iā€™d recommend the R8 or R10 at a minimum for a track day. Autocross is very different from a real track.šŸ˜

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
These cars are fast and heavy. If youā€™re running the 4 pots or lower Iā€™d recommend the R8 or R10 at a minimum for a track day. Autocross is very different from a real track.šŸ˜
True, but OP asked for a single pad that can do both. Pretty unlikely that anyone considering a dual purpose pad, is pushing the car hard enough on a track anyway to overwhelm the R6.

Sponsored

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
True, but OP asked for a single pad that can do both. Pretty unlikely that anyone considering a dual purpose pad, is pushing the car hard enough on a track anyway to overwhelm the R6.
Iā€™ve been there, trying to find one solution fits all. At the end of several $1000 of trying different products, there isnā€™t a one solution fits all. You will sacrifice things on both ends. Thatā€™s why Gloc is the way to go, just swap them out quickly when you want to track and then swap them back.

webspoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Code Orange
OEM gt500 pads are very good, and will stay quiet on the street. Cheap to replace, around $250F and less for the rear from rock auto. Just get the rotors turned, keep the brake fluid fresh, and send it again.

nicksalvadore24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Pretty sure OEM pads are the best option of a "dual purpose" street/track pads. PowerStop Z26s seem to be great for the street but many on here say definitely don't track them. If you want anything beyond OEM/don't want to just keep burning through OEM by running the same pads on street and track, the only next step is having both street and track pads and swapping between em. I've heard good things about Hawk

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure OEM pads are the best option of a "dual purpose" street/track pads. PowerStop Z26s seem to be great for the street but many on here say definitely don't track them. If you want anything beyond OEM/don't want to just keep burning through OEM by running the same pads on street and track, the only next step is having both street and track pads and swapping between em. I've heard good things about Hawk
No, stock pads are not capable of surviving a track day. If you somehow manage to walk away with working brakes with the OEM pads you weren't driving fast at all. Hawks are good but their dust is corrosive. Look at G-Loc!

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
It is about that time, the car is about to come out of winter sotrage and I burned the stock pads up on the race track this past year. I am looking to get some new ones a few weeks after it comes out. Wanted to get your guys opinion on the best brakes for street driving/track use. I don't mind cleaning wheels so brake dust is not an issue.
R10's are fairly streetable.

These cars are heavy so I would not recommend a fits all pad.
Sponsored