August 2015 Mustang Sales

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
I've been a GM fan my entire life but traded my 2013 Cruze (Had a ton of problems) in for a 2015 EB and drove her home on the 27th! LOVE my car!!!
Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Well I must say it was a difficult decision between a new 16MY or the fact that I have added to the August sales figures with the purchase of a stunning Ruby Red S550 GT 400A M6 on the 31st.
Oh and @ 0% financing for 72 months this was a ZERO% no brainer as well.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
YTD

Mustang 86,769
Camaro 56,673

For a difference of 30,094

I think nobody's surprised that Camaro's numbers have been tanking with the new model right around the corner. Especially now. But what I don't think GM envisioned is that Mustangs numbers would be so incredible.

Doubt highly they would have even dreamed that Ford would be able to sell almost 90,000 Mustangs in 8 months. When the numbers come out in September the Mustang will have blown past the 5G Camaro's best year of 88,249 back in 2011. And by the end of the year they will have annihilated it.

When you think of all that the 5G Camaro had going for it...The return of Camaro, transformer movies, cool looking retro styling etc that is saying a LOT about the 6G Mustang.

It's going to be very interesting to see if GM adjusted correctly with the 6G Camaro. Although I'm no expert I'm under the impression they didn't. To me at least, on the outside the 6G Camaro looks like a re-freshed 5G.

Might be difficult for some to tell much of a difference between the two when it first comes out? Probably be very bad for sales. I have also heard/read multiple people state they think the 6G Camaro looks to cartoonish and that GM didn't change it enough...

Last edited:

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Was in same situation..called him on last day of the month (yesterday) and they bumped my trade up another $500...signed paperwork 25 min later and car arrives Thursday :)
This is the second car I would have bought from the guy in a 6 month period and his sales manager wouldn't budge. CarMax even offered me $1k more on my trade than hey would offer and I told them that was unacceptable and if they would at least match it, I would make the 8 hour drive back to Baltimore to trade. Not to mention how many people I referred to them in the last 6 months.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Well I must say it was a difficult decision between a new 16MY or the fact that I have added to the August sales figures with the purchase of a stunning Ruby Red S550 GT 400A M6 on the 31st.
Oh and @ 0% financing for 72 months this was a ZERO% no brainer as well.
Congrats, John, and thanks for the business!!! I love that Ruby Red (not like I'm biased - ha ha).

Sponsored

T8stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black 401A
The sales of the Mustang are great! Ford clearly hit a home run. You have to give Dodge credit with the Challenger as well. It seems to be getting better with age with no major design design refreshes outside of the interior and OMG Hellcat power.
Dodge gets no love... Our car has gone through 3 new body styles while the dodge has remained the same since 08... Lame.:shrug:
By the way I'm a part of the Aug group myself. 0 for 72 months FTW!

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I'm a fan of 60's Mustangs, always have been. I liked a *few* in between such as the 80's 5.0. I really liked the the last gen Mustang (first retro) but what held me off was the solid rear axle. I've always been into cars that are more finesse orientated. Then this 550 came out and wow... a powerful... sleek.... quality build car with finesse. What you are seeing is sports cards guys like me (I've owned 3 S2000's) who have been in Acuras and Lexus cars whom have been disappointing with not having the power they want as well as the quality. I've already read it here, we are flocking to this new Mustang... people who were BMW guys... etc... For me, it just took a bump in quality and a independent rear end. Well done Ford. First Ford I have owned in 25 years.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
My favorite part is that the S550 has out sold the past years of the mustang. All those haters S550 are becoming fanboys.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
My favorite part is that the S550 has out sold the past years of the mustang. All those haters S550 are becoming fanboys.
because there are a ton of new ford and new mustang owners because of the s550. i'm one of them. first ford and first mustang!

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
because there are a ton of new ford and new mustang owners because of the s550. i'm one of them. first ford and first mustang!
^ This. I never considered a Mustang before this one. Though part of that may have been caused by them not being sold here before either :p

I guess I am one of those 'uncounted' European sales in August. Sorry for dragging the numbers down, guys.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Why are these stats counted from April 2009? What happened in that date?

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
To some, that's when the skies opened and God blessed us mortal men with the 5th Generation Camaro! To me, it's just the date that was finally able to get a pony car back on the road to compete with the Mustang after sitting it out for seven years. Just like in the '60's, GM knew it was missing out on sales potential by not having a Mustang competitor, so it jumped on the bandwagon with a car cobbled together from the parts bins of various other models wrapped in Etch-A-Sketch sheet metal.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I think it's the date they started producing the Camaro again. Unlike the Mustang they haven't been made uninterrupted.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Thanks, I didn't know that!

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Deafening silence over in BowTie Town..
Going to be worst for all GM 16MY models. GM reduced the warranty from 5 Years/100,000 to 5 years/60,000 guess they loosing alot of finacial on replacing blown motors, and warranty repairs. Buy cutting the warranty would save them a lot of warranty repairs.
Sponsored