Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Well, it's no wonder:

1) YOY sales is down 36% for the Camaro
2) Mustang outsells it, on average, by about 3000 cars a month in 2015
3) Whatever sales lead the Camaro had, overall, since 2009 is going to evaporate before the end of the year
4) GM bet the bank that by keeping the Gen6 styling so similar to the Gen5, they would generate Gen5 levels do sales. That's very unlikely to happen
5) It will be the 90's all over again. Camaro will offer better factory performance with the SS versus the GT, but it won't help sales
6) Their biggest fanboy cheerleader, LOWDOWN, passed away a month ago
7) Their brand pastor, Scott "Keep the Faith" Settlemire is retiring
8) Their chief engineer, Al Oppenheiser, seems to have misled them on final curb weights of the Gen6 trims
9) GM priced the Gen6 out of the price range most are willing to pay for a Camaro trim that does not being with "Z"
10) The baddest track-intent Camaro ever built is likely to get it's ass handed to it by a car costing much less and offering more amenities

I mean, the most excitement you see regarding the new car is over an exhaust sound clip. That's just sad.
When you state, LOWDOWN passed away, did he really pass away or you referring to him being banned over there?

Edit - I see he did pass away. Damn.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I added to the sales with the trade in of my EB to the GT :headbang:

lostwon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z51 7 Speed
Last August delivery?

Maybe the last August 2015 delivery in CONUS. Could be #9,997? :ford:

Took delivery on a 2015 GT in white with only PP. 11 P.M. PST Aug 31 in Vista, Ca. (near San Diego) from North County Ford. Thanks JD!
Traded my Race Red 2012 GT/Brembo with 17,000 miles.
One very fast Coyote. Really hope the 2015 turns out as well.
Nice 0% for 72 months and $1,000 kicker from Ford.

Now to get some break in miles! (I don't need no stinkin' break in);)

Best Regards,
john

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
When you state, LOWDOWN passed away, did he really pass away or you referring to him being banned over there?

Edit - I see he did pass away. Damn.
Wow what happened to lowdown? Can you post a link I can't seem to find anything about it.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The sales of the Mustang are great! Ford clearly hit a home run. You have to give Dodge credit with the Challenger as well. It seems to be getting better with age with no major design design refreshes outside of the interior and OMG Hellcat power.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Well, it's no wonder:

9) GM priced the Gen6 out of the price range most are willing to pay for a Camaro trim that does not being with "Z"
10) The baddest track-intent Camaro ever built is likely to get it's ass handed to it by a car costing much less and offering more amenities
I think those two did it for me. I've owned Fords before (the bad old days of the 80's and early 90's), and was pretty firmly in the GM camp, although they killed my favorite GM division (Pontiac). The Camaro is just a more expensive car (period). The 2015 Mustang looks better, and the independent rear end sealed the deal for me: no more yestertech left in the 'stang :D The Ecoboost helped, too (I bought an Ecoboost PP, since I commute 56 miles a day). P.S. I'm part of this, I bought mine on August 1st:ford:

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
The sales of the Mustang are great! Ford clearly hit a home run. You have to give Dodge credit with the Challenger as well. It seems to be getting better with age with no major design design refreshes outside of the interior and OMG Hellcat power.
I think the Hellcats are creating a lot more dealer traffic than Dodge dealers are used to handling, and people are coming home with the consolation prize (i.e. a non-Hellcat Challenger). My uncle traded in his '12 Challenger for a Hellcat this year...I tried to convince him to get a Shelby GT350 with the flat plane V8, but my arguments fell on deaf ears (and he's a Mopar fanboy anyways...). Pricewise, either one of those two are way out of my league ;)

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
These stats seem to be US numbers only. Why isn't there reference to overseas numbers?
I realise the internal US competition side of things, however if ford has taken the plunge in exporting the new Mustang then it should be rubbing it into the opposition. Europeans have been receiving Mustangs in August (Maybe they are included in the figures?). 5000 orders outstanding from UK and AUS alone (the car has not been advertised yet). As the export market is supplied, the numbers should be significant.... I hope!!!

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I agree, someday we will find out how to aquire Overseas sales. I figure about 1000-2000 are shipped to Europe and sold.

What I think is, once the European Mustang went on sale, it actually slowed North American supply/production. You can see that the large numbers began slowing when EU's production picked up. It may be just slow down or foreign bound Mustang's could be cutting into our supply.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I think the Hellcats are creating a lot more dealer traffic than Dodge dealers are used to handling, and people are coming home with the consolation prize (i.e. a non-Hellcat Challenger). My uncle traded in his '12 Challenger for a Hellcat this year...I tried to convince him to get a Shelby GT350 with the flat plane V8, but my arguments fell on deaf ears (and he's a Mopar fanboy anyways...). Pricewise, either one of those two are way out of my league ;)
so he likes 7000lbs of poop is what you're saying?

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Well, it's no wonder:

1) YOY sales is down 36% for the Camaro
2) Mustang outsells it, on average, by about 3000 cars a month in 2015
3) Whatever sales lead the Camaro had, overall, since 2009 is going to evaporate before the end of the year
4) GM bet the bank that by keeping the Gen6 styling so similar to the Gen5, they would generate Gen5 levels do sales. That's very unlikely to happen
5) It will be the 90's all over again. Camaro will offer better factory performance with the SS versus the GT, but it won't help sales
6) Their biggest fanboy cheerleader, LOWDOWN, passed away a month ago
7) Their brand pastor, Scott "Keep the Faith" Settlemire is retiring
8) Their chief engineer, Al Oppenheiser, seems to have misled them on final curb weights of the Gen6 trims

I mean, the most excitement you see regarding the new car is over an exhaust sound clip. That's just sad.

Let's hope it's not the 90s performance wise, the mustang was pathetic compared to the camaro in the mid to late 90s. I don't believe the SS will be much lighter or as light as they claim so I'll wait to see how it stacks up against the GT. I do hope Ford makes the GT faster in the quarter mile in the next couple of years as it was a disappointment it was only barely equal to the outgoing model in that metric.

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Currently 3200 orders have been made in Australia and the first car is not due in the country until around November.

If you order one today in Australia you won't get it until 2017!

sarcean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
I bought a 2016 at 9pm on Monday the 31st..wonder if its counted in these numbers
Sponsored