Cue_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Niko
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Good evening

I am having my Intake Manifold Ported and revising my E85 tune. My tuner is offering to install the AFE 85 mm billet Throttle body.

Anyone have experience with this part? I am always eerie of using aftermarket throttle bodies, but they have it on hand and said I can get my tune for E85 quicker instead of porting the 18+ stock Throttle body.

Just curious, any advice is very appreciated.

(I know these parts are 'not' worth the money when I could invest that money spent into F/I, I plan on going F/I soon, money isn't the concern with this lol just curious to see if anyone has any real world data.)
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Good evening

I am having my Intake Manifold Ported and revising my E85 tune. My tuner is offering to install the AFE 85 mm billet Throttle body.

Anyone have experience with this part? I am always eerie of using aftermarket throttle bodies, but they have it on hand and said I can get my tune for E85 quicker instead of porting the 18+ stock Throttle body.

Just curious, any advice is very appreciated.

(I know these parts are 'not' worth the money when I could invest that money spent into F/I, I plan on going F/I soon, money isn't the concern with this lol just curious to see if anyone has any real world data.)
I would be more concerned with driveability as many tuners have difficulties accommodating aftermarket TBs. That combined with no real performance gain makes it not worth it imo.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The ported stocker might be worth it depending on price, but I don't think spending $600+ for a billet TB is worth the 2-3hp gain.

What intake do you have right now? If you're looking for a bit more punch and to try and match up to the new ported manifold you could get a stock GT350 intake and 87mm TB for cheap. That TB will provide you as much gains as any of the other 2 choices.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just like factory. I did have issues at first with the blade sticking open and closed and going into Limp Home Mode, but I sent it back to Soler for a quick adjustment and it’s been great ever since.

OP
OP
Cue_5oh

Cue_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Niko
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I would be more concerned with driveability as many tuners have difficulties accommodating aftermarket TBs. That combined with no real performance gain makes it not worth it imo.
Well my tuner said he can handle it he is a seller for them. The better part of me said no, but I did say yes to the Throttle body. So I will put up a dyno here when I get the car retuned to see what numbers it puts.

To be honest I never see any real data logs out there in regards to this. So I am kind of excited if its a waste of money oh well, better to waste it on my car I guess then something else lol

Paul's Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, Magnetic, Showstopper Red
Well my tuner said he can handle it he is a seller for them. The better part of me said no, but I did say yes to the Throttle body. So I will put up a dyno here when I get the car retuned to see what numbers it puts.

To be honest I never see any real data logs out there in regards to this. So I am kind of excited if its a waste of money oh well, better to waste it on my car I guess then something else lol
Did you ever get a chance to dyno the new throttle body?
Sponsored