Sponsored

Air strakes installed on gen7 performance variation mustangs

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
This is an interesting pic. Is it an optical illusion or is there some sort of cover on the rear diff

IMG_5773.png
Looks like that panel comes up a bit there to smooth out the airflow.

I see why the article notes that the strakes mentioned in this thread likely depend on other portions of underbody aero now seeing this pic.

1715110543584-ri.png
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium

I see why the article notes that the strakes mentioned in this thread likely depend on other portions of underbody aero now seeing this pic.

1715110543584-ri.png
Great find!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

They will work on their own but yeah having all the close out panels will be better as you will effectively create a flat floor design. What all of this does is sucking the car to the road creating more downforce and in that way increasing grip mostly cornering. It was obvious from the first S650's what they are trying to do with the Aero of the car and such small improvements make a huge difference on how the car behaves on track. Which is why the Dark Horse lap times are so impressive.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

1715110543584-ri.png
That added panel under the rear tire well by the rear bumper cover was most likely added because the S550 collects a TON of debris into the rear bumper cover.

Sure it’s “aerodynamic” but it most likely will stop the heavy collection of debris.

If some of you are unaware of that - check these threads and then go check your rear bumper covers (for those daily driven).
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gravel-found-up-under-brand-new-2019-gt-how.123371/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/so-who-knew-the-s550-was-part-dump-truck.54173/

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
The 650 rear closeout panel would be nice to find. The rear bumper has to be a big parachute.

OP
OP
GrayMater22

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
The 650 rear closeout panel would be nice to find. The rear bumper has to be a big parachute.
[/QUO
I have not been able to find an aftermarket one. Tomorrow we are going to throw the car on the lift and see how difficult it would be to fabricate one. There are obviously some benefits there.
Sponsored