Sponsored

Advice on Locating a GT350R....

roycemek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
So I've been at this search for about a few weeks now with not much luck in trying to locate a GT350R even with ADM, 15k or less. Admittedly I've been limiting my search to dealers I would be willing to drive 6 to 8 hours to pickup the car. I'm in Los Angeles so unfortunately that has been to dealers I guess openly known to gouge with super high ADM. I got some good advice from some of the forum members that I really need to expand my search much further, I am now going forward.

I guess some questions I have are in how best to deal with dealer calls over the phone. Should I ask to speak with just any one of the sales staff or should I be asking for a sales manager? My experience thus far is that the sales managers don't seem to like dealing with people over the phone and the sales people on the floor are incredibly nice but don't know anything about availability or even the car for that matter. They end up asking for contact info, emails and such and now I'm getting tons of spam to my inbox from a few of those dealers.
Should I try and send emails first to each dealer?

Are there any lists of Ford dealers by state? Ok, I know maybe a dumb question to ask, but I mean anything other than google?

Luckly for me I've done well these past couple years and have managed to save up enough to make this purchase but I can't believe how hard it has been to try and spend almost 85k on a car. Months ago I was thinking 85k I could get almost anything. haha. Any other advice? Thanks and sorry for the long post. I just had to vent.
Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I would just scan back a few pages and look at all the "want to buy an R" threads. This has been asked numerous times by numerous members. Not that some won't help you, but I don't want you to be disappointed if you don't get a ton of advice since this has been discussed an nauseum

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
An R is super rare as it is. You'll have to extend your search all the way to the east coast. I'm sure there are prospective R owners that are even considering going through the trouble of getting it in Canada.

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
It would really be helpful if Ford could provide a list of all dealers who are getting allocations for GT350 R Mustangs and how many each dealer will get for each model year. Ford must have that data in some database.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
It would really be helpful if Ford could provide a list of all dealers who are getting allocations for GT350 R Mustangs and how many each dealer will get for each model year. Ford must have that data in some database.
at least for az plan people, ford does have a number that you can call to find cars . not sure if that also holds true for allocations.

not that you can use a plan, but it would be cool if they also could see allocations.

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I am eligible for Z plan. Specialty cars, like Boss, Shelby, GT, are excluded from those plans, sadly.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Best thing to do is start calling dealers now and have you put them on there list, that's what I did last year and finally had a hit, I believe the dealers have been notified of their
allocations for 2017?
Good Luck!
not all know what they are getting. the higher volume joints do. I guess it also depends on region.

What is really funny is the brokers that scooped up a ton of cars are not calling dealers, trying to sell 16s to them. when i was at my dealer ordering parts, one of said brokers called. i was with the gm, they were trying to sell him a 16 tech pack for 3 grand over sticker. the GM laughed, hung up, then told me that they had started calling right after i bought mine offering the same car at 12 over sticker.

I was happy to hear that the brokers now realize that they're a bit screwed.

the same crap is going on with focus RS. i cant fathom that, as it sounds like there will be much higher production numbers on the RS.

Also interesting to find out that focus STs are still having a bunch of issues, including motormount problems. thus, they are sitting.

thedalejrfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT K3985
The best plan for finding an R is simple.
Go arrange financing in advance, add $40,000
and it will make it much easier to locate.
Agreed, they are much easier to find when you're willing to pay the price they're asking...

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
15k over isn't bad. Maybe you can lock that in and if something better comes around find someone to take the 15k allocation... or take the down payment loss....whatever puts more back in your pocket

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
special cars bring big money, its the way of the automotive world its not going to change. The value of the R is likely to go up not down.

firefisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Best thing to do is start calling dealers now and have you put them on there list, that's what I did last year and finally had a hit, I believe the dealers have been notified of their
allocations for 2017?
Good Luck!
Good advise. I just got off the phone a while ago and left my contact number with 6 dealers for an R and also mentioned I would be interested in a 2017 allocation too.
Sponsored