6thGen Camaro Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Honestly..as a consumer...they should play up the Camaro's technology, thrill and heritage...

Talk about how it has a cutting edge chassis design, efficient and powerful drivetrain..((HYPE UP the fact that the A8 SS, with 460 HP, still can get 30+ MPG on the highway)) and it's motorsports background...show old Z/28's leading Boss 302's around tracks, show Z/28.R's running Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta, show COPO's roaring down the quarter mile in the NHRA...

And then casually remind them that they can go down to their local Chevy dealer today and buy into that thrill...

The old "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" formula.

A good example of a really, REALLY good pair of adds are the "Predators" commercial and "Dodge Brothers" series that Mopar is doing...
That dodge brothers commercial was awesome. Didnt get me to go buy one though. Honda has some new add similar. Its like a paper flip type art commercial.

Sponsored

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Hey, It's not our fault GM doesn't know how to roll out a product correctly. I mean the base model should have been available from the get go no? So are you going to say the Mustang is going to outsell the Camaro this year?
What we can do though is look at the 2 launches between Camaro and Mustang and so far the Camaro sales are already lagging.
I think GM failed by not having 2.0T available at launch. The 2 dealerships I went to looking at (driving:D) the new Camaro SS said they could of sold a bunch of the 2.0T Camaros if they had them. One guy came in wanting 5 of them. My youngest son is planning on buying a 2.0T Camaro. Most of the Gen 5 Camaro's sold were base models not the SS.

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
Honestly..as a consumer...they should play up the Camaro's technology, thrill and heritage...

Talk about how it has a cutting edge chassis design, efficient and powerful drivetrain..((HYPE UP the fact that the A8 SS, with 460 HP, still can get 30+ MPG on the highway)) and it's motorsports background...show old Z/28's leading Boss 302's around tracks, show Z/28.R's running Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta, show COPO's roaring down the quarter mile in the NHRA...

And then casually remind them that they can go down to their local Chevy dealer today and buy into that thrill...

A good example of a really, REALLY good pair of adds are the "Predators" commercial and "Dodge Brothers" series that Mopar is doing...
You are 100% correct. Dodge is hitting it out of the park with their commercials. Why Chevy hasn't had any commercials mentioning the things you said in your post is very disappointing and frustrating.

It seems like GM is only concerned with advertising the WIFI capabilities in their cars.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
GM/Chevy has a lot of angles to play with the Camaro...but they're just...not..

Ford has the whole 50 years of unbroken heritage..that classic Mustang game plan..etc

Dodge has the muscle car angle to work with the Challenger, the Hellcat..etc, being "different".

Chevy....? They're focusing on Wifi in cars and bashing the F150 for going to aluminum..which they themselves are doing in two years.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I think the average consumer would think that the Camaro is better because it is getting a ton of accolades that the GT has not gotten. I think that is all he is trying to say. But I could be wrong.
You're not wrong. But you use facts/logical. Not even going to bother with MG because you can tell he's oblivious to this stuff.

And yes any average consumer is going to see head to head they pick the Camaro over the Mustang due to just how much it improved. Like the magazines said it's a whole new level of car and has set a very high bar.

Again, I'm not biased to Ford though I prefer Ford and I know when the competition is just doing better/putting out a superior product/hitting it out of the park.

GM delivered in spades on the Camaro. Ford hit a double on the Mustang. When they come out with the refresh, I believe that will be the S550 we should have had at launch with the higher end tech, better transmission, lighter car, better suspension, tighter front look.

I think GM failed by not having 2.0T available at launch. The 2 dealerships I went to looking at (driving:D) the new Camaro SS said they could of sold a bunch of the 2.0T Camaros if they had them. One guy came in wanting 5 of them. My youngest son is planning on buying a 2.0T Camaro. Most of the Gen 5 Camaro's sold were base models not the SS.
I think Chevy catered to their die hards first...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen a new Camaro commercial. Probably coming soon. All the holiday ones still had the 2015s which meant that GM knew they werent going to have a ton on lots of the '16s.

Car show in 2 weeks...we'll see what they have there in terms of marketing/touting it.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I'm actually surprised I haven't seen a new Camaro commercial. Probably coming soon. All the holiday ones still had the 2015s which meant that GM knew they werent going to have a ton on lots of the '16s.

Car show in 2 weeks...we'll see what they have there in terms of marketing/touting it.
Well didn't they only really do like...2 for the 5th Gen?

I mean stand alone Camaro commercials...not one where Camaro was also there.

75Brick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bricklin 11 Fusion 15 200S 95 Trans Am
Honestly, no one I know pays any attention to the magazines. When it comes to sporty cars they look for, in order of importance, availability, price, looks, then driving feel. Anyone around here who isn't an enthusiast couldn't give two hoots about actual performance numbers. If it has a V8 to a non-car person, it is a performance car.

I am surrounded by non-car people, so I get to see this first-hand all the time. A lot of them ask my advice, but that usually comes down to reliability, and again not performance.

I think a big part of the low Camaro sales is also the fact that there is not a single SS near me listed below $40K. (Anecdotal evidence of being priced out of the market)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
"GM Marketing" is one of the biggest oxymorons in today's auto biz.....

A shame too, since there's some good stuff there.

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
It's one tool people use to make their decisions to deny that is....:shrug:

Came to this thread for the venomous fanboys and was not disappointed. Brand loyalty to the point of foaming at the mouth is truly an indication of a mental defect.
I could not agree more. There are a lot of GM fanboys posting in this thread. I've owned several GM, Ford, Chrysler and Toyota cars through the years and simply buy the car that gives the most smiles when I'm driving it. I don't go see a movie because someone else gives it a good review, and I don't buy cars based on someone else's impression of them.

Sponsored

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
You're not wrong. But you use facts/logical. Not even going to bother with MG because you can tell he's oblivious to this stuff.

And yes any average consumer is going to see head to head they pick the Camaro over the Mustang due to just how much it improved. Like the magazines said it's a whole new level of car and has set a very high bar.

Again, I'm not biased to Ford though I prefer Ford and I know when the competition is just doing better/putting out a superior product/hitting it out of the park.

GM delivered in spades on the Camaro. Ford hit a double on the Mustang. When they come out with the refresh, I believe that will be the S550 we should have had at launch with the higher end tech, better transmission, lighter car, better suspension, tighter front look.

I think Chevy catered to their die hards first...
You are completely wrong here. A diehard car enthusiast and a very small margin of people will go online, read magazines, and check head-to-head comparisons.

Average consumers care more about the looks and the price of the car rather then the performance of the car..there not going to not choose the Camaro because they are slightly better performance wise.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You are 100% correct. Dodge is hitting it out of the park with their commercials. Why Chevy hasn't had any commercials mentioning the things you said in your post is very disappointing and frustrating.

It seems like GM is only concerned with advertising the WIFI capabilities in their cars.
To busy bragging there truck of the year but Ford still out selling them

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Haha. No. GM out sold Ford in trucks in 2015.
Well there was an estimated 90K unit loss with the plant update ate Rouge.

I know for a fact. It is the best truck on the market, I have seen the competitive analysis from a non Ford source.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
The only mustang commercial I've seen is the one with the yellow car, chick goes to the exhaust, places the mic, and the car revs....not a fan of the commercial.

All I see are truck commercials lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.