3 Shelby GT350s Doing Burnouts/Drifting to welcome 2019

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I always shake my head in disbelief how people think doing burnouts are cool. This and examples like this are why I'd never buy a car like this used.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
It's on a closed course, what could possibly go wrong?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just some dudes having fun. Feel free to ignore if you don't like...

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I really hate modern video editing software, or should i say what people do with it...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I always shake my head in disbelief how people think doing burnouts are cool. This and examples like this are why I'd never buy a car like this used.
Well let's be VERY VERY fair for a moment, "you and I" both know a track day is a lot harder on a car than a few burnouts. But yes burnout vids are pretty overplayed and stale. I'll give credit that at least the video is of some production quality. However we also know this clearly feels like a means to get hits. But man at least it wasn't some cuck squid coming in posting another one of those "5 Things I blah blah blah about my used 2015 Mustang GT with 35,000 miles on it!" vids.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well let's be VERY VERY fair for a moment, "you and I" both know a track day is a lot harder on a car than a few burnouts. But yes burnout vids are pretty overplayed and stale. I'll give credit that at least the video is of some production quality. However we also know this clearly feels like a means to get hits. But man at least it wasn't some cuck squid coming in posting another one of those "5 Things I blah blah blah about my used 2015 Mustang GT with 35,000 miles on it!" vids.
I would probably disagree with that statement because it depends upon the track, the day, and how it's driven. The GT350 was designed for the track. If driven at the track and maintained, I don't see it as abusing the car. However this kind of use (I believe) falls outside the design and intent of the car...... leading to my statement that it is stupid and abusive.

It's thier cars, go ahead I guess. I just think it is moronic and idiotic, but that's just me.

Sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '68 Firebird, '17 Raptor, '18 Macan GTS
One trick pony cars ....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Oh come on, you have to admit that they are at least a little cool - don't you think? I'm very in touch with my inner child (just ask my wife), and I can definitely see the appeal.

I have to admit I've never done a burnout, though. I would say it's wasteful, but it's their money to spend as they wish.

But I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of these cars (at the right price). I think Ford builds our cars for this kind of use. They know someone is going to do it.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
My only comment here is if burnouts are bad for the car and not part of the "design", then what is the purpose of the line lock feature?
I know Tomster is just saying "tearing" up a car and not using what it is "designed for" is just his point a view and I do agree with it somewhat. But the Line Lock IS designed for burn outs for 1/4 mile runs, but not so much for circle burnouts. But in this day and age of videos and anything goes, hey let them have fun. That is what the car is all about. Fun is where you find it. These burnouts really only hurt tires for the most part. I have not done burnouts per se, but I have "burned off" several miles at a time off of my back tires in several quick take offs, not to mention wearing down front tires on fast turns. To each his own.

And it is a little kool.

Last edited:

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Linelock...sponsored by....Goodyear :)

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Any type of burnouts, drifting/circle burnouts, and autocrossing puts enormous strain on the car's components especially the subframe and differential. In the M3 world, differential bolt snaps in the E46 and E92 M3s would be caused mostly by burnouts and drifting. Even the Nissan GTR has caveats on warranty coverage when using launch control. What's made worse its that all these activities are done at lower speeds, so you don't get the full heat exchange effects from the radiator, oil cooler, and diff cooler that you would going at higher speeds on a track, thereby compounding the heat/premature wear issues on components and fluids. Having said that, the line lock feature (in a straight line) is probably better than the circle burnouts and as mentioned was designed specifically for use in this and other mustangs.

As far as the video is concerned, while burnouts are not my cup of tea, I was fascinated by it and watched it till the end, though I thought that is a LOT of production value filming 3 cars dong burnouts, but who cares? All activities (auto-x, track, drifting, burnouts) will accelerate wear on the car in different ways compared to just driving it on the street, just be aware of the risks of doing so. Bottom line is this car puts smiles on everyone's faces and all for different reasons, so no use in taking some "moral high ground" when people choose to enjoy the car differently than you do.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Any type of burnouts, drifting/circle burnouts, and autocrossing puts enormous strain on the car's components especially the subframe and differential. In the M3 world, differential bolt snaps in the E46 and E92 M3s would be caused mostly by burnouts and drifting. Even the Nissan GTR has caveats on warranty coverage when using launch control. What's made worse its that all these activities are done at lower speeds, so you don't get the full heat exchange effects from the radiator, oil cooler, and diff cooler that you would going at higher speeds on a track, thereby compounding the heat/premature wear issues on components and fluids. Having said that, the line lock feature (in a straight line) is probably better than the circle burnouts and as mentioned was designed specifically for use in this and other mustangs.

As far as the video is concerned, while burnouts are not my cup of tea, I was fascinated by it and watched it till the end, though I thought that is a LOT of production value filming 3 cars dong burnouts, but who cares? All activities (auto-x, track, drifting, burnouts) will accelerate wear on the car in different ways compared to just driving it on the street, just be aware of the risks of doing so. Bottom line is this car puts smiles on everyone's faces and all for different reasons, so no use in taking some "moral high ground" when people choose to enjoy the car differently than you do.
I know my M3 had only so many launch controls allowed by BMW and then you can't do them anymore.
Sponsored