2021 Mach 1 - dissatisfied - i need help

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
Hey everybody. It's been a long time since I've posted. I've been through many ups and downs and things have been hard, but some things have been good as well. I've owned my mach 1 for 2 years and 8 months.

I actually really enjoyed driving this car, but due to Ford Dealerships around me, I'm very disappointed in owning this car.

To start, let me say. I have about 8.8k miles on the car. Yes, about 3k miles per year. I have never tracked the car, although I planned on it at one point, but now I'm just scared of breaking the car, since it already has issues.

First of all. The transmission from the gate was faulty. I took the car to Ford at less than 1000 miles because it was jerky when shifting. I actually made a post post one one of these threads about it 2 years ago. Ford said the transmission was running normally when I first took it I'm. And that it was jerky because the 10r80 was learning how I drive, and would learn to shift better. It never did, it only got worse. The transmission was replaced under warranty around 7.8k miles or something like that (going off the top of my head)

The transmission was just replaced in December 2023 by what I'm going to call dealership #2

In September 2023, I was having my closer dealership #1 service my car for routine inspection and oil change. They dropped my car off of the lift! They even told me they dropped my car off the lift when they were trying to rotate my tires. They cracked the front splitter and replaced it for free. And my car all of the sudden had scuffs on the rims, that it never had before, and Ford said there was 100% NO CHANCE that they caused those scuffs on my rims. Even though it was the first thing I saw on thr car after they told me they dropped it off the lift. They wouldn't take responsibility for it. I called corporate and made a case number. In the end, I had damaged rims and no one would take responsibility.

Ever since Ford dealership #1 dropped my car off of the lift, there is a rattle that comes from under the hood during heavy acceleration. This rattle NEVER EXISTED, for the first 7k miles. Now all of the sudden I have this rattle.

I didn't want dealership #1 working on my car after dropping it, that's when I started going to dealership#2 I took it in for service in November 2023 (they were booked out in october)

I took it in to have it examined for the rattle noise, and the still continuous jerkiness while shifting. They claimed they couldn't hear the rattle, but the jerkiness was the faulty transmission, and they replaced it. Now I get my car back in December 2023. Now it has the rattle (which has continuously been getting worse) and now has a new problem. A transmission whine/whistle that was present on day 1 of me getting the car back. I return the car to Ford again to complain about the whistle. The service tech test drove the car and told the representative I was dealing with, that these are normal mustang operating sounds, and that there is no concern. Idk how a rattle that magically showed up after Ford dropping my car is a normal operating sound. They just don't want to service my car. And they said the transmission whine is normal too. It's b.s. I'm 99% sure it's low transmission fluid. As now I've had the car back for 4 month, and the whine is getting louder, the rattle is getting louder., and Ford refuses to due anything for my cars. The reason I think it's low transmission fluid? I've had the car back for 4 months. When I first got it back. It was the SMOOTHEST the car ever shifted. It was amazing. It was like a brand new car, it felt so much better.. and now with 4 months of this transmission whine they refuse to fix, the transmission is getting jerky again, just like before. I have 4 months left of warranty, and I'm having really bad anxiety about even owning this car anymore. It's so sad. I know as soon as my warranty is up, this car is going to shit its pants on me, and leave me with a massive amount of mechanical bills. What do I do?

And these noises my car is making aren't subtle. Every single passenger I have can tell something is wrong with my car, and ford's technicians are all saying it's normal. What do I do?
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Sorry about the bad luck with your car, and the typical shit service from the dealer.

I think being the car was dropped, and it was documented (Do you have the paperwork stating this, pictures, etc.?) you have a case for all the rattles, scuffs, etc. From what I can tell, they owned up to dropping your car. Also, with you having one replacement transmission, that keeps the door open for anything new that comes up after the replacement.

If it was me, I would hit Ford corporate uo again, and threaten with a lawyer. It really reads like you are being blackballed form the dealers you have used.

With the comments of low transmission fluid, have you checked it? I don't know the procedure of if it has a dipstick, being my car is a manual. You are not the first person to complain about whine noises, rattles, and jerky shifting with the 10R80, so it nothing new to Ford.

Good luck with your car, Im sure some of the guys who have had similar things happen will help out as well.

*Edited*

Last edited:
OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Sorry about the bad luck with your car, and the typical shit service from "ASE" certified technicians, that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

I think being the car was dropped, and it was documented (Do you have the paperwork stating this, pictures, etc.?) you have a case for all the rattles, scuffs, etc. From what I can tell, they owned up to dropping your car. Also, with you having one replacement transmission, that keeps the door open for anything new that comes up after the replacement.

If it was me, I would hit Ford corporate uo again, and threaten with a lawyer. It really reads like you are being blackballed form the dealers you have used.

With the comments of low transmission fluid, have you checked it? I don't know the procedure of if it has a dipstick, being my car is a manual. You are not the first person to complain about whine noises, rattles, and jerky shifting with the 10R80, so it nothing new to Ford.

Good luck with your car, Im sure some of the guys who have had similar things happen will help out as well.

I sadly didn't take pictures after they dropped it. They owned up to it and replaced the chin. As much as I hate dealership #1 for fucking up my rims and dropping my car, I think I need to go back to them, or try a further dealership. My case number with corporate was specifically for them dropping my car and damaging my eims while refusing to fix the rims. But that didnt even go anywhere. I guess i can try to call corporate and see if anything came from that case number. A lawyer might be the best route, but I'm dealing with so much, and idk if that's even affordable. I just moved, and have been so busy as well. I'm under stress, but I got to try what I can. I believe you have to remove things In Order to get to the transmission dipstick. And I don't have the means to fuck with that right now. Thank you for the response.

NoCo302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Sorry about the bad luck with your car, and the typical shit service from "ASE" certified technicians, that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Ford has droves of lawyers I don't think that threat will get OP far. Hope he finds resolution but the worst thing about owning a Ford is the terrible service experience.

Usernamedave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
My transmission was Jerky until i took it on a long weekend drive of about 2000 mi. it was really bad in sport mode shifting into 5th but a long weekend of constant driving fixed it. Sucks they dropped you car, i found a wrench under the hood of mine when i got it back from its first service lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
My transmission was Jerky until i took it on a long weekend drive of about 2000 mi. it was really bad in sport mode shifting into 5th but a long weekend of constant driving fixed it. Sucks they dropped you car, i found a wrench under the hood of mine when i got it back from its first service lol
This jerk was different. It was on the downshift while braking. And it would throw your whole body forward into the seat belt as the seat belt locked up. And it ALWAYS did it from 3rd to 1st on the downshift, unless you were able to coast and let it shift from 3rd to 1st without braking. Like you almost ALWAYS got jerked forward into the locked seat belt. It was annoying tbh. And now it'd starting to do it again with the new transmission with 1k miles on the new tranny.

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
Hey everybody. It's been a long time since I've posted. I've been through many ups and downs and things have been hard, but some things have been good as well. I've owned my mach 1 for 2 years and 8 months.

I actually really enjoyed driving this car, but due to Ford Dealerships around me, I'm very disappointed in owning this car.

To start, let me say. I have about 8.8k miles on the car. Yes, about 3k miles per year. I have never tracked the car, although I planned on it at one point, but now I'm just scared of breaking the car, since it already has issues.

First of all. The transmission from the gate was faulty. I took the car to Ford at less than 1000 miles because it was jerky when shifting. I actually made a post post one one of these threads about it 2 years ago. Ford said the transmission was running normally when I first took it I'm. And that it was jerky because the 10r80 was learning how I drive, and would learn to shift better. It never did, it only got worse. The transmission was replaced under warranty around 7.8k miles or something like that (going off the top of my head)

The transmission was just replaced in December 2023 by what I'm going to call dealership #2

In September 2023, I was having my closer dealership #1 service my car for routine inspection and oil change. They dropped my car off of the lift! They even told me they dropped my car off the lift when they were trying to rotate my tires. They cracked the front splitter and replaced it for free. And my car all of the sudden had scuffs on the rims, that it never had before, and Ford said there was 100% NO CHANCE that they caused those scuffs on my rims. Even though it was the first thing I saw on thr car after they told me they dropped it off the lift. They wouldn't take responsibility for it. I called corporate and made a case number. In the end, I had damaged rims and no one would take responsibility.

Ever since Ford dealership #1 dropped my car off of the lift, there is a rattle that comes from under the hood during heavy acceleration. This rattle NEVER EXISTED, for the first 7k miles. Now all of the sudden I have this rattle.

I didn't want dealership #1 working on my car after dropping it, that's when I started going to dealership#2 I took it in for service in November 2023 (they were booked out in october)

I took it in to have it examined for the rattle noise, and the still continuous jerkiness while shifting. They claimed they couldn't hear the rattle, but the jerkiness was the faulty transmission, and they replaced it. Now I get my car back in December 2023. Now it has the rattle (which has continuously been getting worse) and now has a new problem. A transmission whine/whistle that was present on day 1 of me getting the car back. I return the car to Ford again to complain about the whistle. The service tech test drove the car and told the representative I was dealing with, that these are normal mustang operating sounds, and that there is no concern. Idk how a rattle that magically showed up after Ford dropping my car is a normal operating sound. They just don't want to service my car. And they said the transmission whine is normal too. It's b.s. I'm 99% sure it's low transmission fluid. As now I've had the car back for 4 month, and the whine is getting louder, the rattle is getting louder., and Ford refuses to due anything for my cars. The reason I think it's low transmission fluid? I've had the car back for 4 months. When I first got it back. It was the SMOOTHEST the car ever shifted. It was amazing. It was like a brand new car, it felt so much better.. and now with 4 months of this transmission whine they refuse to fix, the transmission is getting jerky again, just like before. I have 4 months left of warranty, and I'm having really bad anxiety about even owning this car anymore. It's so sad. I know as soon as my warranty is up, this car is going to shit its pants on me, and leave me with a massive amount of mechanical bills. What do I do?

And these noises my car is making aren't subtle. Every single passenger I have can tell something is wrong with my car, and ford's technicians are all saying it's normal. What do I do?
Have an Attorny send them a letter, this usually motivates them. I never take my car to the Ford Dealer. Find a reputable local shop and have them look at it.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Ford has droves of lawyers I don't think that threat will get OP far. Hope he finds resolution but the worst thing about owning a Ford is the terrible service experience.
Actually you're right about this. Big corporate has a money and lawyers all day. I probably would only win a headache.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Have an Attorny send them a letter, this usually motivates them. I never take my car to the Ford Dealer. Find a reputable local shop and have them look at it.
Tbh, as this is my first new car, and my first car with a warranty, and me knowing nothing about warranties, I didn't know if going to a local mechanic would void any of my warranties. Not that it matters at this point, I just want my car to be in good health and it obviously isn't happening with ford.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Ford and the dealerships are not the same company. Dealerships are privately owned operations, and their ONLY objective is to make a profit.

You need to speak directly with the Service Manager at the dealership. Not the Service advisor, not their shift manager, but the actual person in charge of all service operations. If that doesn't work, find the email and contact info for the General Manager of the deaership.

In scenarios like this, the squeeky wheel really does get the grease. Ford gets untold amounts of complaints every day, and if you don't stand out, you fall between the cracks.

Start an email chain with the Owner of the dealership, the Service manager, and Ford Customer care

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Actually you're right about this. Big corporate has a money and lawyers all day. I probably would only win a headache.
They do have money for lawyers, but this is somewhat different than a typical warranty item, they have already admitted fault by dropping your car. That will help you some.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
See if the dealership will let you take a service person or mechanic for a drive with you driving. Be cool with the person and maybe they will be more cool with you.
Sadly I did that, and they said the noises are normal. And the rattle is normal. And I'm just at a loss of words.

I forgot to mention in the OP, the rattle almost makes it seem like the car is vibrating as well as making the rattle sound. It only does it under moderate to heavy acceleration, when you're cruising under 2500 rpm it stops vibrating and rattling. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

Guess i’m one of those ASE ass holes. People like you are why i left the industry.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Wow, those dealers are really ensuring they create a customer for their competitors, sorry to hear this.

The whole situation is a ball of wax....

On the transmission problems, its hard enough these days to get the dealers to troubleshoot properly. I'm saying this because everything else aside, this was likely to be a pain in the ass anyways, and I'm just calibrating expectations.

The "dropping" of the car, WOW, yeah I would be very concerned about damage unseen, I actually hate writing this because I know its just going to add to your anxiety on owning the car. But I would look at getting out of that car, especially after that incident. To me, it just introduces a lot of unknowns into the equation. Combine this with the transmission issues, personally I would sell this particular car, and reevaluate what my desires / goals were for the car ect.

If you are going to stick with this car, its time to take it to an outside mechanic for some diagnostics. I'd spend quite a bit of time looking at transmission shops reviews in your area, maybe even get two separate opinions on the problems you are experiencing. Look I know you shouldn't have to do this, especially when you are under warranty, but its time to step outside the Ford network to get this thing looked at with fresh eyes even if it costs you a few hundred.

You are in a shitty spot, your dealers should be backing you up, your warranty should be protecting you, and they aren't. No good reason for that. But its your current reality, either get ready for the long back and forth fight with corporate regarding these and any future repairs, or try and troubleshoot it independently, or sell it and reevaluate what you want to do.

I know this isn't a "solution" and is likely to cause you to loose more money on the transaction if you try to replace it with another Mach 1 on the used market. But this isn't about THE car anymore really, its about your stress level.
Sponsored