2021 Mach 1 - dissatisfied - i need help

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Guess i’m one of those ASE ass holes. People like you are why i left the industry.
No need to get offended, my comment which was clearly not elaborated on was the 18YO kid with no experience trying to tell someone what the problem is with no real world experience. Honestly you do not know me, so please do not judge. I didn't mean to categorize all good technicians with those that suck.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
Thank you everyone for the advice and responses. I'm sure there will be more for me to read later, but I gotta head to work, and i won't be back on here until tomorrow.

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
Sorry op for the shit Ford has put you through. That is unacceptable. Ford and I'm sure other brands are fucking over our own American people. Shit needs to stop and those greedy sacks of shit need to be held accountable. This thread as well as others absolutely has me to the point I will never buy another Ford again. Period.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I understand it was a learning experience, but man if a shop dropped my car I would not sign the paperwork and accept it back.

I am ready to get shit on by your or others, but I would be out of that car. I would've been done with it the day they dropped it off the lift.

I agree with @Coastal-Mach 's statement that you have possibly been blackballed by some dealers. The car was damaged by the drop, period. The shop's insurance should've paid out. They covered it up and got you to sign the release paperwork. I'm sorry they fleeced you, that really sucks dude.

IMO there is no happy end here to keeping this car. If my closest Ford dealer hadn't always provided good service, I would not have bought a Bronco nor would I still have the Mustang.

It's time to make a new thread for whether you're trading in for a Supra, M2, or the big dollar jump to a C8.

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
This jerk was different. It was on the downshift while braking. And it would throw your whole body forward into the seat belt as the seat belt locked up. And it ALWAYS did it from 3rd to 1st on the downshift, unless you were able to coast and let it shift from 3rd to 1st without braking. Like you almost ALWAYS got jerked forward into the locked seat belt. It was annoying tbh. And now it'd starting to do it again with the new transmission with 1k miles on the new tranny.
My 2022 2.3L HPP A10 did the exact same thing from day 1, but mostly when the transmission was not warmed up on a cold day. Took it to the dealership and asked them to check the transmission oil level - unsurprisingly it was low on fluid (from the factory). They refilled it properly and I’ve never had harsh shifts again.

Sponsored

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
My 2022 2.3L HPP A10 did the exact same thing from day 1, but mostly when the transmission was not warmed up on a cold day. Took it to the dealership and asked them to check the transmission oil level - unsurprisingly it was low on fluid (from the factory). They refilled it properly and I’ve never had harsh shifts again.
Exactly, get the fluid level looked at outside the Ford network , eliminate the easy things first.

Confirm it has enough fluid, then go drive then go on a real good drive with the car, put it though its paces, a long drive where it is being driven at temperature for an extended time.

After that, I would do the ECU reset procedure, so the transmission is back into learning mode, and drive it around normal for a while it relearns, see if things improve.

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
Sorry to hear about your experience, especially with it being a Mach 1. In my experience, dealerships all suck. I have never really been satisfied with the dealership when I drive away. Every encounter I have had is handled by incompetence. Keep in mind I am 45 and have purchased well over a dozen vehicles. For this reason, I will do all of the maintenance myself. Anything I can not do, I have a really good mechanic in OKC that I trust to work on my car.

Regarding the A10.......I think that jerky shifting is just the way it is. I have it in my 2023 Explorer ST and it is extremely unrefined. Rev hang, hard shift from 1-2, 2-3, etc. A lot of ExST owners on the forums report an underfilled transmission fluid level. Mine was in this boat. I did get a trans tune (ZFG) and that has helped a bit with the shifting, but it still is a concerning unit.

Now the "dropping a car off the lift".....F.......that is awful and unfortunately your car will never be the same after that. IMO, Ford owes you a new, well certified used, Mach 1.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
name the dealer and go to another one. i fought my local dealer from start to finish and ended up havin to go across town to another that actually took me seriously. they got corporate involved and friday i drop my car in to get fixed.

if a dealership is crap they will keep being crap and you cannot fix it. i tried like hell to find someone reasonable there but once the culture is infected with half-ass bullshit you won't be happy.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
What a horrible situation. I really feel for you and what I would do is ask to meet with the service Mgr and owner of the dealership. If this car cannot be fixed correctly then it would fall under the lemon law at some point. At the least they should offer you an extended warranty at there cost. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Trade the car in. Move on. It's over, Johnny.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Trade it for a 4v blackwing. Same price point. And that a10 behavior will blow your mind.

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
I agree with Sakman84 comments. If I remember you saying that you do not have the kind of time, nor equipment to perform these diagnostic procedures, I would take your vehicle to a reputable performance shop that deals with drivability issues. Having another qualified opinion will advance your warranty case to Ford. My first thought when you mentioned the drivability issue was that the ECU had an issue. The NVH that you are experiencing, I do not believe are normal, though all assembly of these cars are not equal.

As some other members have mentioned, you probably want to sell your car, or have Ford take it back and return some of your money back to you (if Ford would agree). I understand that this might be difficult or a financial loss, but if your warranty expires, you will need to consider how much money you will be paying to try to repair the issue(s).

Ford dropping your car would have been a deal breaker for me. I would have wanted a new car or my money back. I am not sure from what height your car fell from, but that could be a factor in some noises you might be hearing. Your driveshaft could have been impacted and thus causing some NVH, or some brackets could have been loosen. Whatever the possibilities of damage, I would not want to deal with the unknown. After all, it was not you who caused your vehicle to fall from a lift. The dealership is responsible for causing this situation and is responsible for making you whole.

Good luck and sorry that you had to go through this. I know I would be upset if this happened to me, especially since I love my Mach 1.

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
Trade it for a 4v blackwing. Same price point. And that a10 behavior will blow your mind.

This is by far the best option. I am so tempted to sell my GT to get one. Right now I have too many cars in my garage/driveway.
Sponsored