Sponsored

2017 GT350 - To be, or not to be... That is the ?

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
No doubt on that. After a twenty minute session in the Boss you'll probably be ready for the next 20. In the GT500 you'll be ready for lunch and a nap...then the next 20.
Having spent hundreds of track hours in each, all I can say is this is hilarious, but oh so true :lol:
Sponsored

GT-keith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater
IMO if they don't continue the run, I hope we get the engine and chassis upgrades as options to the base GT.

We obviously won't be getting the flat-plane shaft, but the extra displacement, higher compression, and DI will put us at 450lb.-ft of torque and 460hp and magnetic dampers as part of a revised track package/performance packages.

Visually, the GT350 looks amazing. It blows the new Camaro out of the water and part of the reason is that combination of hood, winder fender w/vents and the rear lower valence.

Gives us a GT(along with the 10-speed) with all of the above and I'll be great and then they can focus on weight loss with the 2020 'stand.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I don't know how some people come up with the idea Ford will only produce a limited number of GT350 Mustangs. The Ford officials have said they will produce enough GT350 Mustangs to meet demand. I think Ford will continue to make the GT350 after they produce an ultra powerful Mustang unless sales of the GT350 slow dramatically. Ford will want and need a lighter track car to sell along side their ultra powerful Mustang that will most likely be much more expensive and heavier than a GT350.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
A Cobra Cost 20% more...

Retail Prices: (Base Model)
Mach 1 - $28,995
Cobra Coupe: $34,750 (20% increase)
Cobra Convertible: $38,995
Inflation and new gov. regulations and higher build quality will easily put 50%+ on those numbers to get to today's prices.

A lower cost base model super charged GT with a 1LE level track pack or a drag pack would be a great option. Make it a $12K package.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I don't know how some people come up with the idea Ford will only produce a limited number of GT350 Mustangs. The Ford officials have said they will produce enough GT350 Mustangs to meet demand. I think Ford will continue to make the GT350 after they produce an ultra powerful Mustang unless sales of the GT350 slow dramatically. Ford will want and need a lighter track car to sell along side their ultra powerful Mustang that will most likely be much more expensive and heavier than a GT350.
I have never seen where Ford said that and have seen and heard (Jim Owens and others) enough of the opposite...

Please post a link to your insight. Thanks.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have never seen where Ford said that and have seen and heard (Jim Owens and others) enough of the opposite...

Please post a link to your insight. Thanks.

They did also say production numbers would be similar to those of the GT500 which wasn't limited either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bagman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Strange
Ford always builds enough these kind of cars. In actuality they have a definable history of doing just that and more. There have been some serious incentives and price concessions on the leftovers(Terimnators, Mach1s, GT500s). There are some guys who will never believe any of that even when it happens.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I beg to differ... You guys are just throwing statements out there without any justification. Cite your sources... Then it may be more believable.

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
This car is not a niche track car to everyone; this is exactly what I want for a daily driver. I personally do not want or need the power of a GT500. I also do not want to be one of the masses with a regular GT on the road, nor do I want to mess with supercharging one.

I want something quick and agile, and the fact that this car is just that with a NA engine appeals to me. Might I take it to the track someday? Maybe. But I am all about this vehicle due to its driveability.

I'm willing to bet there are others who also just want an awesome, fun car that is also unique.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
They did also say production numbers would be similar to those of the GT500 which wasn't limited either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford said that GT350 production numbers would be similar to GT500 production numbers?

I was told by Ford that the GT350 production numbers would be similar to the 2012 and 2013 Boss 302 production numbers with the GT350R production numbers being somewhat similar to that of the Laguna Seca production numbers from '12 and '13.

What was there ~47,000 GT500's produced and ~8,400 Boss 302's produced so that is certainly a big discrepancy assuming that your source is correct.

May there are two camps within Ford supplying conflicting information?

Please provide your source of information whereby Ford said that GT350 production numbers would be similar to GT500 production numbers.

:shrug:

Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Have noticed nobody seems to change anyone else's mind on these forums. But for those who think Ford is going to continue to produce GT350s beyond 2017 without any official word so far that they will, I'm not sure the market is there for a $60K Mustang predominantly geared to track and with poor gas mileage. It is clearly more of a luxury purchase and I suspect the people involved in marketing at Ford when they announced a two year run had it pretty much figured out. Could they extend it? Sure. Likely? Not so sure. Personally wouldn't hold off on getting one hoping for a 2018 or later model.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Ford said that GT350 production numbers would be similar to GT500 production numbers?

I was told by Ford that the GT350 production numbers would be similar to the 2012 and 2013 Boss 302 production numbers with the GT350R production numbers being somewhat similar to that of the Laguna Seca production numbers from '12 and '13.

What was there ~47,000 GT500's produced and ~8,400 Boss 302's produced so that is certainly a big discrepancy assuming that your source is correct.

May there are two camps within Ford supplying conflicting information?

Please provide your source of information whereby Ford said that GT350 production numbers would be similar to GT500 production numbers.

:shrug:
Maybe they are saying the numbers will be comparable to GT500's produced per model year instead of the total output. I swear I heard the same thing as well, can't remember where but I was thinking maybe one of the videos somebody took while at the track tours. I'll have to go back and watch a few and see if I can find it.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Here is what Shelby brand manager Jim Owens said when he was asked about production numbers, of course this was from March of this year so a lot can change.....skip to 15:45 in the video.

[ame]

Derk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Maybe they are saying the numbers will be comparable to GT500's produced per model year instead of the total output. I swear I heard the same thing as well, can't remember where but I was thinking maybe one of the videos somebody took while at the track tours. I'll have to go back and watch a few and see if I can find it.
This.

There were two Boss 302's that set on my local lot for a bit and then one set for a few months before it was sold and both were below MSRP (I don't remember how much).

I will say there isn't a huge market for the GT350, but it is definitely larger than for the Boss. Don't get me wrong, I wanted one pretty bad in 2012, but they killed the looks in 2013 and now the GT350, IMHO, looks much better than the 2012 Boss and is miles ahead of it in ability. I would love if they had a $8k or so option for the GT that gave you Boss like motor upgrades, with GT350 TP like supension with the ability to tuck some meat up front. I think that could sell really well.

Derk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I know this is the GT350 forum, but I think Ford would be good to give us a Performance Pack geared toward straight line speed with short gearing, a softer tire, maybe a Boss like intake, and free flowing exhaust as possible (catback) and on the flip side give us a Track Pack with the GT350 TP suspension goodies with a regular 5.0 and widest tires possible for the stock body (non 350 front end).
Sponsored