'17 R current pricing

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Thing about the R is, even though they are making another round of 500, there will still only be around 1600 total built. Thats not a lot considering 16000+ 350's. Think if there was no 18 there would really be a frenzy for them.
That said, my dealer emailed me yesterday and asked me if I'd be interested in an R at MSRP as his rep told him he gets another allocation. He's waiting to hear back for sure if its an R. I told him if its an R, I may take it. Being so close to the arrival of the next SE, I'm still thinking I may wait and just get that one.

LateBrakeU2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST DD, 350R, 15 Z/28
One things for sure, if you don't mind sweating the zero opt cars are decidedly less en vogue, hence lower demand/ price point.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It's hard to say if they will appreciate or at what rate they will depreciate at this point. It's going to stay a significant car for a long time, IMO. Personally, I think the R is going to hold a very high residual value. Can you imagine a point where a used R could be had for $35k? I just don't see it happening.

Edit: I have to add...I feel a little hypocritical because after I posted this I realized that I just bought a 10 year old Audi RS4 that originally MSRPd over $70k but paid [MENTION=27928]50[/MENTION]% of that...so I guess it does happen. I think there are around 2k RS4s in the US.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A guy I know just ordered an R out of state for $5K over. Never did hear how far he has to travel for it, but he'll probably fly there and drive it home.

Local dealers are greedy bastards here, and are still looking for that much of a markup on a regular 350.... :paddle:

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Looks at the GT500KR's, people were going nuts over them and they've lost a ton of value. When regular GT350's fall in price over time, there's going to be a point where the R just isn't worth "X" amount over a regular GT350 to a lot of people IMO.

What people fail to remember is this- Ford is only going to make this product better, and yes, I do believe we are in for something very special for the new GT500 and next reiteration of the GT350.

Buy what you want now, be comfortable what you pay for it, avoid the greedy dealers, and enjoy your car. If you are looking at this car as a total investment, then the ride isn't as much fun and in MOST instances this is a losing proposition in one way, shape, or form.

Just my humble opinion on the matter. :)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The 500KR is the most extreme example and IMO, the worst cash-grab ever. It was a name and IMO pretty ugly and in-special. I knew right away those wouldn't hold their value.

We're talking about a car now that attracts Porsche owners due to it's unique characteristics. It's not going to become irrelevant anytime soon.

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
For what it's worth - I paid $15k over to a dealer in Houston Texas in the summer of 2016. Frankly, was happy with the $15k over... today I'd be looking for $10-$12k over... Having said all that - go drive an $80kish sports car, unless you're going with Chevy I don't think you'll find anything as great/rare/special as the GT350R...

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Looks at the GT500KR's, people were going nuts over them and they've lost a ton of value. When regular GT350's fall in price over time, there's going to be a point where the R just isn't worth "X" amount over a regular GT350 to a lot of people IMO.
The 500KR is the most extreme example and IMO, the worst cash-grab ever. It was a name and IMO pretty ugly and in-special. I knew right away those wouldn't hold their value.

We're talking about a car now that attracts Porsche owners due to it's unique characteristics. It's not going to become irrelevant anytime soon.
I agree with stanglife, that to me much of the significance of the GT350R was a radical leap in the direction of truly raw track performance that was more in tune with the philosophies of the older M cars, thus drawing attention from Porsche and BMW M fans such as myself. I certainly don't intend to offend other Mustang owners, but as a deep in the blood M and euro track car lover, I had absolutely no interest whatsoever in any mustang prior to the GT350R. I never saw the appeal of the GT500, and would rather have had many other cars in that price range. I would take an E92 M3 over the GT500 any day. If one morning I woke up to find my boosted E36 M3 replaced with a GT500 I'd cry my heart out. But now, I don't think there's any car under $100k I'd take over the GT350R, which is why I branched away from M cars to find one.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
... and I'll say as a 3 time Mustang owner... this is truly the Mustang we always wanted Ford to build.

The car that cashes the checks it looks like it writes... finally. It takes the Mustang value proposition to new heights. They've always been the best value in the USA for around $30-40k, now at $60k or even $80k with an ADM for an R why even look at anything else?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree with all that was said here. Again, this was just a price check on a car I ordered over a year ago. I want to thank everyone who chimed in and gave me their viewpoints. The future is pure speculation. However, I wanted to reach out to those who have had their eyes open and know what the market is currently doing.

Thank you all

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
More is not enough.

Realistically, no matter how many GT350/R's Ford Performance produces, they will always hold their value. It is because they are backed by FPR & because Ford Motor Co races them & they are built to take it. The 350's is Ford's club sport.

Also, FRAP is gaining capacity in 2018 and going threw some serious retooling soon. Don't forget, it just got a $770M dumped on it for the new hybrid-stang. Who knows, late 2018 GT350 might reach 3k cars that year. I also think the ADM will drop quite a bit, because of the additional model year. Not to mention, there talk of A10 GT350 and special runs to eat up "the Elite's thurst".

People on the edge have some breathing room now, the market will reflect that. Even more so, those who paying high ADM will go after the rumored SVT-R soon. Or whatever they calling it.

Plus, once the CPC Voodoo hits the FPC will have some rivalry.
Sponsored