Sponsored

August 2015 Mustang Sales

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

August 2015 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Mustang August 2015 Delivery (sales): 9,997 70% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Camaro August 2015 Deliveries (actual sales): 6,236 -23% (Pr Ye)
Challenger August 2015 Delivery (sales): 5,235 25% (Pr Ye)

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

Strong Demand for New Products Boosts Ford August U.S. Sales to Best Levels in 9 Years

• Ford Motor Company total U.S. sales up 5 percent – the best August performance in nine years
  • Ford F-Series sells above the 70,000-truck mark for the first time this year; F-Series retail sales up 15 percent; commercial vans up 70 percent – best August sales since 1994
  • Ford brand SUVs reach best August sales in 12 years, with all-new Ford Edge up 36 percent and new Ford Explorer up 22 percent
  • Ford Mustang sales up 70 percent – the best August performance since 2007
  • Lincoln sales increase 6 percent, providing the brand with the best August performance in seven years
Click here for full release with tables
Click here for soundbites

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 1, 2015 – Ford Motor Company delivered its best August U.S. sales in nine years on strong demand for new cars, SUVs and trucks. Sales totaled 234,237 vehicles, a 5 percent increase.

“Customer demand for our newest vehicles made August a strong month for Ford,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Improved availability helped make August the strongest sales month this year for F-Series. We also had our best month of Ford SUV sales in 12 years.”

F-Series delivered its best August sales results since 2006, with total sales of 71,332 – a 5 percent increase in sales versus a year ago. F-150 EcoBoost sales also have been growing, representing 63 percent of F-150 retail sales in August and an 86 percent increase versus EcoBoost sales a year ago.

Ford van sales continued to gain in August with 18,081 vehicles sold, a 70 percent increase. This represents Ford’s best August van performance since 1994 – driven primarily by the all-new Transit, which totaled 10,263 vehicles sold, and a record August Transit Connect sales month of 3,995 vehicles.

Ford’s newest SUVs also saw sales gains, with Edge and Explorer up 36 percent and 22 percent, respectively. This helped drive a 12 percent increase in Ford brand SUV sales, for a total of 69,077 vehicles sold. This represents the best August sales performance for the Ford brand SUV lineup since 2003.

Mustang sales increased 70 percent compared with a year ago, with sales of 9,997 vehicles, marking its best August performance since 2007.

Lincoln sales increased 6 percent versus a year ago – the luxury brand’s best August results in seven years. The new Navigator posted a 79 percent increase, while Lincoln MKC sales increased 37 percent.
Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
So close to 10K! We sold two '15 GT's at the dealership I work for late last night. If they didn't get into Ford's totals, then maybe we're at 9,999.....

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I tried to upgrade last month but the dealership is $600 away from making the sale and neither of us will budge.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Not bad about 25% of last years sales in a month.:cheers:

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Deafening silence over in BowTie Town..
Well, it's no wonder:

1) YOY sales is down 36% for the Camaro
2) Mustang outsells it, on average, by about 3000 cars a month in 2015
3) Whatever sales lead the Camaro had, overall, since 2009 is going to evaporate before the end of the year
4) GM bet the bank that by keeping the Gen6 styling so similar to the Gen5, they would generate Gen5 levels do sales. That's very unlikely to happen
5) It will be the 90's all over again. Camaro will offer better factory performance with the SS versus the GT, but it won't help sales
6) Their biggest fanboy cheerleader, LOWDOWN, passed away a month ago
7) Their brand pastor, Scott "Keep the Faith" Settlemire is retiring
8) Their chief engineer, Al Oppenheiser, seems to have misled them on final curb weights of the Gen6 trims
9) GM priced the Gen6 out of the price range most are willing to pay for a Camaro trim that does not being with "Z"
10) The baddest track-intent Camaro ever built is likely to get it's ass handed to it by a car costing much less and offering more amenities

I mean, the most excitement you see regarding the new car is over an exhaust sound clip. That's just sad.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Well, it's no wonder:

3) Whatever sales lead the Camaro had, overall, since 2009 is going to evaporate before the end of the year
4) GM bet the bank that by keeping the Gen6 styling so similar to the Gen5, they would generate Gen5 levels do sales. That's very unlikely to happen
5) It will be the 90's all over again. Camaro will offer better factory performance with the SS versus the GT, but it won't help sales
8) Their chief engineer, Al Oppenheiser, seems to have misled them on final curb weights of the Gen6 trims
9) GM priced the Gen6 out of the price range most are willing to pay for a Camaro trim that does not being with "Z"
10) The baddest track-intent Camaro ever built is likely to get it's ass handed to it by a car costing much less and offering more amenities

I mean, the most excitement you see regarding the new car is over an exhaust sound clip. That's just sad.
Love me some good ole American Camaro-bashing. :ford:

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Traded my 14 GT on a 15 on Aug 21st or so.

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Well, it's no wonder:

I believe a lot of people argued with me on here and said it was going to be SOO much lighter. I knew all along there would be very little weight difference compared to the old pig gen 5.

Sponsored

Thelopez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I traded my base 15 for a premium package 15 lol thanks to the 0%

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
I tried to upgrade last month but the dealership is $600 away from making the sale and neither of us will budge.

Was in same situation..called him on last day of the month (yesterday) and they bumped my trade up another $500...signed paperwork 25 min later and car arrives Thursday :)

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Nobody's going to buy a Camaro now that the '16 new model is a few months away. Its kind of a lame duck so not really a great comparison.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Nobody's going to buy a Camaro now that the '16 new model is a few months away. Its kind of a lame duck so not really a great comparison.
That didn't keep Chevy from toot-tooting last year when the 14 Mustang was a lame duck. And it won't keep me from cheering when Mustang takes over the "Sales since 2009" lead in October.

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Took delivery of mine August 17th!!
Sponsored