Sponsored

JLT CAI & tune

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vinny was the car protuned with the custom tune, BEFORE the dyno session???
First we made some baseline pulls on the car, completely stock no tune. That's the 451whp run which was the best of the baseline pulls.

Then we had Brent from DTP Tune the car on the stock airbox, best run on that was 464.5 with the tune.

Then we installed the intake system and tuned the vehicle from there. Best run was the 484 and was backed up with the 482.7 run pictured in the graph attached.

Tune only numbers we're right in line with what Lund racing posted in their car. There isn't a ton left in these car's from Ford, the stock tune is pretty aggressive already.

On Sunday we're going to try to get a cleaner RPM pickup so the graph is not as ugly, we'll also get some pictures of the inside of the stock tube to show some difference with what we've improved on.
gt350 dyno.jpg
Sponsored

Poisyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tree Fiddy
Dyno dynamics typically read lower than Dynojet which seems to be almost a standard, seen some read up to 18% lower than a Dynojet

Incredible gains though from just I/T, sign me up for the package when you guys release it!

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Dyno dynamics typically read lower than Dynojet which seems to be almost a standard, seen some read up to 18% lower than a Dynojet

Incredible gains though from just I/T, sign me up for the package when you guys release it!
This dyno doesn't read much off of another dynojet in our area. A stock manual trans 15 GT typically makes low 380's on this dyno, which is right in line with most on 93 octane.

Results may vary as always with dyno's but gains are gains!

Jay@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
I know it would have taken twice as long (twice the $), but how do you know the CAI did anything as opposed to just trying a tune first?
We did,
Tune picked up 13 and the JLT another 18 :cheers:

Sponsored

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What about 91 octane? Will you have a tune for that, or is an octane booster the only way to go since 93 is not available around here?
Yes sir we'll have 91 options also.

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Those are solid gains from just and intake and tune, well done!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
About what I expected. That's awesome.

The engine seems to be corked from the factory. I'm guessing at both ends.

Love to see this CAI and tune with a set of real headers for this engine and not the compromised setup that's on there now. I'm guessing it will be real wake-up.

JLT is always on top of things. Thanks for the updates.

Btw, are there plans for a 50-state CAI+tune setup?

Sponsored

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that engine longevity is also an issue. They have a financial liability if these motors are pushed to the ragged edge, so they dial some back. yes???
That sounds logical - I'd be interested in knowing this as well, for performance vehicles in general... longevity, warranty, etc.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
About what I expected. That's awesome.

The engine seems to be corked from the factory. I'm guessing at both ends.

Love to see this CAI and tune with a set of real headers for this engine and not the compromised setup that's on there now. I'm guessing it will be real wake-up.

JLT is always on top of things. Thanks for the updates.

Btw, are there plans for a 50-state CAI+tune setup?
Thanks! Yes we are actually working on getting all of our intake systems 50 state legal. No ETA, but it's in motion.

I think with a set of long tubes the car could tickle 500whp pretty easily. Should be fun to see!

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Thanks! Yes we are actually working on getting all of our intake systems 50 state legal. No ETA, but it's in motion.

I think with a set of long tubes the car could tickle 500whp pretty easily. Should be fun to see!
We will find out soon enough... :headbang:

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
They had performance targets in mind and produced components to compliment those targets. Since the intake they designed was sufficient to produce the performance they were after, it went to full production. Everything is driven by cost, schedule, and performance.
Emissions too. More and air and fuel burning = more emissions.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Question for JLT:
With larger intake, what if you add the 132mm TB? Wouldn't that take advantage of your larger intake truly?
Sponsored