Sponsored

JLT CAI & tune

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I can just go to a "tuner shop" and they do that, right?

You need someone with experience tuning the Voodoo. Tuners like Lund went out and purchased their own GT350 to test and perfect their tunes on before ever touching a customer car.
Sponsored

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey [MENTION=13298]Vinny@JLTPerformance[/MENTION] not to hijack this awesome GT350 thread but quick question. I just ordered a replacement filter for my intake. But I decided to switch to the dry filter and I ordered a pre filter. Is there any restriction in airflow when adding the pre filter?
Pm'd

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Why do people feel the need to put background music on a video like that? :frusty:

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
You need someone with experience tuning the Voodoo. Tuners like Lund went out and purchased their own GT350 to test and perfect their tunes on before ever touching a customer car.

Not really. Any experienced tuner will do. Your not going to find anyone with voodoo experience unless you live near Lund or DTP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Not really. Any experienced tuner will do. Your not going to find anyone with voodoo experience unless you live near Lund or DTP.

I greatly disagree. Tuners here on this forum are always discovering new aspects of the Ford PCM and how it affects the car's drivability and performance. That is not something I want someone dicking around with just because they've tuned other cars in the past.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
JLT CAI & tune

I greatly disagree. Tuners here on this forum are always discovering new aspects of the Ford PCM and how it affects the car's drivability and performance. That is not something I want someone dicking around with just because they've tuned other cars in the past.

There is only 2 people so far that have tuned a voodoo is all I'm saying. Anyone with Ford PCM experience is fine. That's why I said experienced. Alot of good tuners out there.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
There is only 2 people so far that have tuned a voodoo is all I'm saying. Anyone with Ford PCM experience is fine. That's why I said experienced. Alot of good tuners out there.

Their are more then 2. You only know of two because of this forum. But Watson engineering also has because I've talked to them about doing the Dyno tune on mine once American racing headers sends me the headers, Watson will be tuning mine. Watson builds all the boss S and cobra jet cars for ford.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Their are more then 2. You only know of two because of this forum. But Watson engineering also has because I've talked to them about doing the Dyno tune on mine once American racing headers sends me the headers, Watson will be tuning mine. Watson builds all the boss S and cobra jet cars for ford.

Awesome, they'll keep popping up.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We had another opportunity to test another GT350 to backup these numbers, very happy with the results. The feedback from both car owners has been very good!

[ame]

Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Awesome Vinny! Tag the owner if he's on here or know his instagram. Trying to get to know some of the VA stangs.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
We had another opportunity to test another GT350 to backup these numbers, very happy with the results. The feedback from both car owners has been very good!

Great work Vinny;

Have you considered testing your CAI with a 132 mm TB to remove the choking? I'd bet you will gain another 10RWHP.
Let us know if you tried it.

Thanks!

p.s. Would this CAI & Tune break the warranty?

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
JLT CAI & tune

Have you considered testing your CAI with a 132 mm TB to remove the choking? I'd bet you will gain another 10RWHP.
Let us know if you tried it.

Give them a little more than a week for crying out loud. Haha! I'm sure that aftermarket throttle bodies and tuning tables for them aren't available yet anyway.

I also doubt that the stock IM opening is as big as a 132mm TB. Those are for the Whipple kits, right?

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
[MENTION=13298]Vinny@JLTPerformance[/MENTION], Do you have a CAI custom tune for the nGauge?
Sponsored