Sponsored

July 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers (Updated with Charts)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Once again:

2)The Mustang is not a supercar

(dons flamesuit -- somebody IS going to disagree with at least one of my points)
And I don't think you'll find anyone here or anywhere else that will say the Mustang is. The problem is most all of the camaro fanboys think their car is lol

mmc

9 Second Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan GT-R
Chevy must have looked at Nissan's strategy with the GT-R price increases and thought "we can be like a supercar if we just jack up the price so no one buys them"...

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
As has been noted ad nauseam they look to similar. THAT is part of the problem. That and pricing. Who makes the next generation of a car look this close to the previous one!?!!
As most of us on this site agree that is the problem w/the new gen Camaro. Whenever I see one in the wild I immediately look at the headlights/taillights, it's the only way I can tell it's a 6th Gen, and still scratch my head sometimes because I'm not familiar with the different models of the Camaro over the years.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
"No way they look alike! Look at the headlights and and and the bowtie. Yea the bowtie is different. I don't see the similarities, the mustang guys are just reaching since their car isn't in the super car category."
Aren't you a Mustang guy? Superior to what? I haven't lost a race to a 6 gen Camaro yet.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I could be in error here but with that strategy it seems to be a recipe for crash and burn. Last month they sold 4969 this month with 0% they only sold 5520.What happens in the dead of winter when you are selling significantly less?

Your making more money per vehicle but your not selling any/enough. Meanwhile the competition just keeps getting more and more popular. You would be hard pressed to convince people you are making double the profit of your competitor. No way no how. You might, you might be making a little more but your competitor is outselling you almost 2-1.
Actually, if you do the math, it comes out like this (these are just averages BTW)

Camaro - 5500 units at $40,000 each = 220,000,000

Mustang - 9900 units at $32,000 each = 316,800,000

That is if they were all at those prices. Of course the EB and V6 Stangs will be much cheaper than $32,000 and the fully optioned GTs with convertible, Premium, PP, and other add ons will be much more than $32,000. Same with the Camaro. The turbo 4 and V6 will be less than $40,000 obviously and the fully optioned SS will be into the $50,000 rang easily before you even get to the convertibles...those are probably in the mid $50,000 range. But as you can see, just based off a basic rough guesstimate, they aren't that far off. Then factor in the costs of making the vehicles, how many are actually being made, and other costs, and it doesn't look like the Camaro is doing too bad after all. Of course a deeper analysis might show something different. But just from this basic generic quick equation of things, I wouldn't count them out.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, if you do the math, it comes out like this (these are just averages BTW)

That is if they were all at those prices. Of course the EB and V6 Stangs will be much cheaper than $32,000 and the fully optioned GTs with convertible, Premium, PP, and other add ons will be much more than $32,000. Same with the Camaro. The turbo 4 and V6 will be less than $40,000 obviously and the fully optioned SS will be into the $50,000 rang easily before you even get to the convertibles...those are probably in the mid $50,000 range. But as you can see, just based off a basic rough guesstimate, they aren't that far off. Then factor in the costs of making the vehicles, how many are actually being made, and other costs, and it doesn't look like the Camaro is doing too bad after all. Of course a deeper analysis might show something different. But just from this basic generic quick equation of things, I wouldn't count them out.
That would be good if you didn't have 25.000 camaros left on dealer lots and 2017 models starting to come in

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback

That only works assuming GM's profit per car is much greater than Ford's... considering they are most likely very similar they are still behind by a considerable amount. The 25,000 unsold unit's sitting around tend to agree with the similar sales (not equal) and similar profits (not equal) idea as opposed to "GM is so far ahead in profits they don't even care about sales."

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

If they were banking on higher profits per car, they wouldn't be cranking them out so fast. The build volumes are proportional to what GM needs to make or exceed their margin targets. There'd be a lot fewer cars on lots if they only needed to sell ~5000-5500 a month to meet targets. For the first month or two, yeah, you flood lots to chum up interest and feed pent-up demand. We're far past that point.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
so are there 17s on the lots now also or has gm been holding them back till the 16s go?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
so are there 17s on the lots now also or has gm been holding them back till the 16s go?

I have been on several chevy dealer sites and the have 17's on their lots

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Can someone here please explain how they think they know what the profits are for each car? Because the truth is you don't know. Just because one car is selling for say $32k and sells 9900 per month with a gross sales of $316,800,000 and the other 5500 at $40k with a gross monthly sales of $220,000,000 does not make it close. Or even near it.

How do you even know what each manufacturer pays for each and every part? We don't. Not to mention the labor that is included into each car built, over head, etc.
No car manufacturer makes all parts in house. Hell some don't make any.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'll bet they are 2016 being tagged as 2017 lmao.
Sponsored