Sponsored

July 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers (Updated with Charts)

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
The GT500 will steal a lot of those cars thunder.:thumbsup:
Wouldn't it be funny if GM broke the news on the ZL1 pricing and performance on 8/8 and it was overshadowed by the announcement of a GT500 with twin-turbo V8 goodness? :lol:

That's not going to happen, but I figure someone is already working on a new version of the "hitler" video, just in case.
Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Wouldn't it be funny if GM broke the news on the ZL1 pricing and performance on 8/8 and it was overshadowed by the announcement of a GT500 with twin-turbo V8 goodness? :lol:

That's not going to happen, but I figure someone is already working on a new version of the "hitler" video, just in case.
Don't say never...

Ford announced the '13 GT500 performance numbers right after the last ZL1's performance numbers were released. It was either the same day or the day after, can't remember. It really PO'd the Camaro5 faithful and took the wind right out of the ZL1's sails.

...and thePill's ZL1 hate thread on SVTP was absolutely epic. One of my favorite threads ever.

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Don't say never...

Ford announced the '13 GT500 performance numbers right after the last ZL1's performance numbers were released. It was either the same day or the day after, can't remember. It really PO'd the Camaro5 faithful and took the wind right out of the ZL1's sails.

...and thePill's ZL1 hate thread on SVTP was absolutely epic. One of my favorite threads ever.
I remember.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The GT500 will steal a lot of those cars thunder.:thumbsup:
It's hilarious. Who in their right mind buys a 1le when a gt350 can be had?

And I've got a hunch the gt500 is going to flat out embarrass the zl1... Again. But far more severely this time.

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
Meanwhile, in Australia, we still can't get enough Mustangs here :)

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/in...lcon-territory-kuga-fiesta-and-mondeo-in-july
The Ford Mustang was the third highest-selling model in Ford showrooms last month. The only models to outsell it last month were the Ranger and Focus, with the gap between Mustang and Focus coming down to 86 cars. The Mustang even managed to outsell 2WD variants of the popular Ranger ute, while a substantial slide in Territory volume has put Ford’s large family hauler 113 cars behind Mustang.
Year to date, the Mustang is still the fourth highest-selling model in Ford’s stable with 3118 cars delivered since its December arrival, behind the Ranger, Territory and Focus. Mustang GT Coupe automatics account for the lion’s share of Mustang orders with 1054 cars delivered to the end of June, though the GT Coupe manual isn’t far behind with 828 cars sold over the same period.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Meanwhile, in Australia, we still can't get enough Mustangs here :)

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/in...lcon-territory-kuga-fiesta-and-mondeo-in-july
The Ford Mustang was the third highest-selling model in Ford showrooms last month. The only models to outsell it last month were the Ranger and Focus, with the gap between Mustang and Focus coming down to 86 cars. The Mustang even managed to outsell 2WD variants of the popular Ranger ute, while a substantial slide in Territory volume has put Ford’s large family hauler 113 cars behind Mustang.
Year to date, the Mustang is still the fourth highest-selling model in Ford’s stable with 3118 cars delivered since its December arrival, behind the Ranger, Territory and Focus. Mustang GT Coupe automatics account for the lion’s share of Mustang orders with 1054 cars delivered to the end of June, though the GT Coupe manual isn’t far behind with 828 cars sold over the same period.
I am of the opinion that if sales are down in the States Ford should keep production up and fill the back orders in Australia and Europe and other countries were demand is high. Sooner or later not having enough Mustangs will kill the demand because people will get tried of a year or more wait.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It's hilarious. Who in their right mind buys a 1le when a gt350 can be had?

And I've got a hunch the gt500 is going to flat out embarrass the zl1... Again. But far more severely this time.
Dude their still in denial about the last ZL1. As much as I liked the last gen ZL1, It's performance was underwhelming at best. It got completely murdered in a drag race. 580HP and low 12s? really??? It was matched by a solid axle car at a lot of road courses. If the next GT500 is fitted with the GT350s running gear. History WILL REPEAT ITSELF! Now that Ford is offering the power packs. The faster car in the SS/GT with a warranty argument goes out the window! I have a funny feeling the GM trolls will vanish on this sight in the very near future!

Last edited:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Dude their still in denial about the last ZL1. As much as I liked the last gen ZL1, It's performance was underwhelming at best. It got completely murdered in a drag race. 580HP and low 12s? really??? It was matched by a solid axle car at a lot of road courses. If the next GT500 is fitted with the GT350s running gear. History WILL REPEAT ITSELF! Now that Ford is offering the power packs. The faster car in the SS/GT with a warranty argument goes out the window! I have a funny feeling the GM trolls will vanish on this sight in the very near future!
Not for nothin, but the older GT500s that had 550 hp wasn't doing even a low 12. If I remember, I think they were doing like a 12.8 or 12.5. And for what it's worth, that 12.2 the ZL1 was doing was much better than the 13.0 the SS and GT was doing. I do believe everything else you said tho. But I wouldn't bash the ZL1 for having 580 hp and doing a 12.2. At the wheels those things were only putting out about 480 hp if that. Factor in weight and stock suspension/tires and there ya go.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
The older GT500s are the reason GM made a ZL1 with 580HP. But ford trumped them the day they announced the ZL1 with 662HP. I hope Ford does the same thing again. On the day they release the ZL1 announce a 750HP GT500!:D

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL, yea that was crazy. I don't know about 750 hp tho. Even if, they're still gonna mark it way up. WHich is why I don't really feel like the argument against the SS being priced soo high is a valid one. Look at the GT350. That thing is getting marked sky high. At least it was. Dealerships were trying to get $90K for that thing. At that price, you could get something that would wipe the floor with a GT350. No insult intended, just speaking common sense. Criticizing GM for the price of the SS and ignoring how the dealers marked up the GT350 AND got what they were asking for is not a good argument.

In any case, GM has a lot going on right now. The ZL1 is gonna have 650/650 just like the Z06. The Vette is coming out as a C8 with a mid engine platform in 2018...AND the C7 will Still be available up until 2021. How that will work out or how they exactlyplan to pull that off I don't know. Those are the rumors tho. And the ZL1 will have the 10 speed trans and is supposed to get a mid-engine design soon too. Granted, these cars are gonna start off sky high and then get marked up sky high on top. But the GT500 will also. If dealerships were getting over $80K for the base bottom level 350 then you bet they're gonna ask well over that for the upcoming GT500.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
LOL, yea that was crazy. I don't know about 750 hp tho. Even if, they're still gonna mark it way up. WHich is why I don't really feel like the argument against the SS being priced soo high is a valid one. Look at the GT350. That thing is getting marked sky high. At least it was. Dealerships were trying to get $90K for that thing. At that price, you could get something that would wipe the floor with a GT350. No insult intended, just speaking common sense. Criticizing GM for the price of the SS and ignoring how the dealers marked up the GT350 AND got what they were asking for is not a good argument.

In any case, GM has a lot going on right now. The ZL1 is gonna have 650/650 just like the Z06. The Vette is coming out as a C8 with a mid engine platform in 2018...AND the C7 will Still be available up until 2021. How that will work out or how they exactlyplan to pull that off I don't know. Those are the rumors tho. And the ZL1 will have the 10 speed trans and is supposed to get a mid-engine design soon too. Granted, these cars are gonna start off sky high and then get marked up sky high on top. But the GT500 will also. If dealerships were getting over $80K for the base bottom level 350 then you bet they're gonna ask well over that for the upcoming GT500.
All the American Car companies are killing it right now. Fords doing great things. The GT just won the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Mustangs are in a sweet spot right now. The RS has the compact crowds attention. GM is also killing it. A mid engine Corvette to match the GT. A great performing Camaro. Even Dodge has interesting product. The Viper ACR is a world beater. The Hellcat is stupid fun and the Scat packs are badass. The Forum VS forum nonsense is what it is. But if your a fan of American performance. It's a good time to be alive!:thumbsup:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

What? Tons and tons of folks got their GT350 at MSRP when they came out. All it took was some leg work to get the deals.

LOL @ your ADM vs what Camaro is priced that. That is a foolish statement. When I tried to special order my 2015 GTPP the day the order banks opened, local dealers here wanted 3-5k ADM. I bought mine a 1000 miles away and got 5250 off the sticker of 46k. Paid $125 for a one way plane ticket and drove home.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a chevy guy but a mid engine corvette is like a front wheel drive Mustang it ain't right.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What? Tons and tons of folks got their GT350 at MSRP when they came out. All it took was some leg work to get the deals.

LOL @ your ADM vs what Camaro is priced that. That is a foolish statement. When I tried to special order my 2015 GTPP the day the order banks opened, local dealers here wanted 3-5k ADM. I bought mine a 1000 miles away and got 5250 off the sticker of 46k. Paid $125 for a one way plane ticket and drove home.
LOL, if you say so. I met several people who were in the market for one each of whom said they would never pay more than MSRP. And each of them paid more than MSRP for that thing. I saw listings for that car all over the country and when it first came out, I never once saw one at MSRP. You don't have to agree. I'm sure that there are a good amount of people who knew the right people...and were able to get one at MSRP. But that car got marked up crazy. I saw stickers for them at $90,000 when it first came out.

And no, it isn't a "foolish statement". You simply don't agree with it. Just because you don't agree with it (or don't like Chevy) doesn't make what I said "foolish". The Camaro is priced higher than the Mustang. But you also get more from the Camaro for the price. I could see if the options, performance, and quality were the same and Chevy just decided to ask $50K for the Camaro. That isn't the case. The only thing the Mustang has over the Camaro is looks and visibility. The Mustang is cheaper because the engine is a carried over version of previous engines. The Camaro got a brand new engine altogether. Sure it was in the Corvette first in 14. But it is still a new engine. And for what I have seen, the SS is running low 12s out the box. So look, you can bash all you want, thats cool with me. And you don't have to agree for whatever reason. Heck, I meet people just like you over on the Camaro forums and have to debate with them all the time too. I think the Camaro is expensive, but I don't think it's over-priced. It is simply out of the reach of most people who are buying stripped down GTs.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not a chevy guy but a mid engine corvette is like a front wheel drive Mustang it ain't right.
They're doing it to take on the world's best supercars. Progress is progress and a superior design is a superior design. You can be a purist all you want. But you'll struggle to keep up with the best in the world. That mid-engine design is gonna be a beast. They're talking about a mid-engine ZL-1 also.
Sponsored