Vs. Genesis G70 3.3T

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Man, I don't care how fast some ugly car with 4 doors is. But then again I don't street race. The trouble you can get in is not worth it.

I just like having a car that makes great V8 noises and that I can shift myself.
Yeah, there's always someone faster and most people will only line up if they know something you don't these days. I just assume everyone is faster and go about my day..
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm a little surprised people are interested in Stingers. I've never driven one, but they seem really big and ugly to me. Do they handle well?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I think the Stinger looks good. Different than most other cars anyway. I liked that it had a hatch back design too. You could fit a refrigerator back there. I added some beefy sway bars and I think it handled pretty well. They (and the G70) are rear wheel drive based AWD systems with longitudinal engine/trans layouts, so they behave more like a RWD car than most AWD cars. It was no problem to induce oversteer. The interior is lightyears better than any S550. Obviously, I went back to a stang for all the same reasons that any of us drive them, but Kia/Genesis really did a great job with these. Here is a few pics of mine.

IMG_5334.jpg
IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5333 (1).jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hmm I am not surprised. Many of us are interested in other makes or models; doesn't mean we go out and buy it...well sometimes we do :)

I'm a little surprised people are interested in Stingers. I've never driven one, but they seem really big and ugly to me. Do they handle well?

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hmm I am not surprised. Many of us are interested in other makes or models; doesn't mean we go out and buy it...well sometimes we do :)
I'm interested in other makes and I've paid attention to the Stinger because people here talk about it. I've never driven one, though.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I refuse to buy Kia/Hyundai/Genesis after a previously terrible experience with them and a local dealer (I’ve mentioned it in other threads so I won’t rehash it here).

The Genesis coupes of the past try to run on the high HP muscle cars here pretty often. I personally never take the bait, there’s been a lot of daytime and nighttime shenanigans here lately and cops are definitely paying more attention. And they have some really good hiding spots around here that makes it impossible to see them until it’s too late. Not worth it to me.

The Genesis coupes here usually have some loud, annoying, farty exhaust that sounds absolutely awful, are stanced to the point they’re probably not safe to drive at any speed let alone the speeds they want to go. They’re popular with the younger folks though, probably because they can be had for fairly cheap.

The new Genesis line actually looks pretty nice and I’ve heard they will hurt some feelings. Stock for stock beating a S550 GT? I have my doubts. Maybe off the line with AWD but I would think the Mustang would catch it pretty quick. As I said earlier, I refuse to buy another Hyundai, so I haven’t even bothered to drive one to see what they’re all about.

Tripp051420

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Ford Mustang GT
I had a genesis coupe before my mustang gt. I regret selling it till this day. Maybe it was because it was my first not bottom of the barrel car purchase. It was the first car I put real money into modifying. I love my mustang but wouldn’t hesitate to get back into a newer genesis if they offered something compelling with a manual transmission

IMG_0897.jpeg

IMG_0899.jpeg

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Am I the only one who notices that every car that Kia makes happens to have some odd physical embellishment to the body that just seems, well, weird? Sometimes it’s trim, sometimes it’s window shape or moulding….but on every model. Always something odd.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Am I the only one who notices that every car that Kia makes happens to have some odd physical embellishment to the body that just seems, well, weird? Sometimes it’s trim, sometimes it’s window shape or moulding….but on every model. Always something odd.
I think when you look at Korean culture in general- architecture, art, TV shows, etc. the "odd" styling falls right in line with everything else

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
You realize a Tesla can destroy us off the line? You realize most newer cars are really fast nowadays? A TRUCK (TRX) can take us. There will be always someone faster, if you want to pursue speed the Coyote can easily be boosted and hurt some feelings. In my eyes the Coyote, specially with a manual just makes an awesome sounding drivers car, and thats what I want. Otherwise I would go buy a Plaid for speed alone.

And BMW/KIA/Hyundai do nothing for me, I don't like how they look and they sound like complete garbage lol

docmogas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I had G70 before my Mach 1 and it definitely felt quicker off the line, but the mustang is definitely faster on the top end, like many have pointed out. Love my Mach 1 but I do miss the technology and interior of the genesis. For the price its hard to beat Genesis if you are looking in the luxury arena.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)

Paddles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich