Sponsored

The 2016 Chevy Camaro Definitely Looks Different

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, that SN95-inspired rear wing on the 6th Gen Camaro says it all!
Sponsored

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Camaro going European as it certainly appears like it!?

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Camaro going European as it certainly appears like it!?
Everyone is going to copy Ford. Mark my words. They will make the next gen more "european" looking, and they will have 4 Cylinder Turbo variants as well.

I am glad that Ford is a leader and not a follower.

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Had no intentions on buying a ford, ever. Just being honest. Then one day my wife and I were out to dinner and she was talking about the new mustangs. I thought, whats the harm in checking one out. Big mistake.

Drove the Challenger and the Camaro and they were not worth the money, not even close. I paid X-plan pricing and I honestly feel I got way more than I paid for.

Feels like a 6 series beamer, but more nimble.

My point is that Ford is absolutely leading this segment right now.

This new camaro is not doing chevy any favors, atleast from the little info we have so far.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I did an inquiry about the different renders in these official spots. I still haven't heard an explaination... I semi-confirmed that they are only renders so...

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I'm really beginning to wonder if we will see the 2016 before the fall. GM just said they will debut the new Malibu and Cadillac CT6 at NYIAS. If they debut the Camaro there, it may upstage the other 2 models. I would think they don't want to take away from the Malibu seeing it probably is a more "important" car to GM. The next major show isn't until November (L.A.) I believe. The guessing game from GM continues....

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Lol Chevy to produce a 2.0L Turbocharged in the new Camaro to rival Fords Mustangs Ecoboost.

SVTClark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra
Lol Chevy to produce a 2.0L Turbocharged in the new Camaro to rival Fords Mustangs Ecoboost.

If I'm not mistaken, Al O. clearly said that Team Camaro would not be making a 4 cylinder after the announcement of a Ecoboost Mustang. I guess after they saw the success of the ecoboost they want a piece of the market too. :ford:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The car needs more airflow. They should have adopted the ATS/CTS's upper grill size and not entered this generation with another extreme disadvantage.

I have a feeling some extra coolers may be mandatory on even the base car.

There is one area on the 6h Gen that I like so far, previously, the '10-'13 Camaro had a nice front 3/4 presence from the A-pillars up... that was one of it's strong points.

The 6th Gen has a very F-22 feel to it from the B-Pillar back across the hip. I know the blind spots are probably running rampant but, I feel the sail panel/hip shelf is the Camaro's strength this Gen. Everything else I have seen isn't doing it for me.

This is a huge gamble, the redesign is practically a major refresh. The looks are very similar to the out going 5th Gen.

Sales could ultimately take the bump if potential buyers are unaware of the major changes underneath.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The 6th Gen that never was :(

Captured by accident with the Corvette Zora, Camaro concepts that pronounces World Class Sports Coupe just the way it sounds.

This could be changes forced by the budget...

This could be a future Camaro...

This could be the real thing and the Nurburgring car is a Doppleganger... but that is an expensive way to waste R&D money on an already tight budget no doubt.

You will notice the upper grill on the render is larger by a far margin. That is something I would have expected since there was already an airflow cooling issue on the '14-'15's.

Interesting none the less.

Damn... blocked...

Facebook pics blocked too!?!?!?! ARGGRHHRERHGYRHGYER!!@!!!!@(!

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23025&stc=1&d=1426177072

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23026&stc=1&d=1426177072

It has a lot more ATS-V in it... I hate the rear but love the functional fascia vs. the restricted one the Ringmaro had. Lots of C7 inspiration on these vs. the 5th Gen inspired Ring car. I am hoping more of the C7's rear makes it to the Camaro. The C7 is styled right back there. I think it would work for the Camaro with some tweaking to accommodate the extra mass in the ass.
Picture 1.png
Picture 2.png

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
None of those sketches hold any merit. You'd be hard-pressed to find the vaguest of similarities if any of those give any kind of clue; maybe the dramatic tail surfaces could translate over in a basic sense with some faux aero cladding around the lamps (which would bear familial resemblance with the C7). The front already looks too far off of what's been leaked thus far.

That C8, mid-engined looking thing looks like a really early concept proposal, like one of what could be hundreds of variations. I wouldn't pay it any attention.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It is definitely a far more sporty design, especially from the front and rear 3/4 stance. The rear 3/4 is a little too blocky but, it could be the artist has that particular style. If this swooping design was kept, it would surely adopt the ATS's diving belt line (I wish that it would). This render gets ever so close to the ATS...

The issue here is the extended trunk panel area. Looks like they tried to get away with the ATS's overall 184 inch length but ran out of room for a trunk and trunk lid. Kinda reminds me of a Photoshop I seen a few months ago. I will post it later when I find it...

The front 3/4 shot screams SCCA 1969. The upper grill here reflects the ATS/CTS opening and should absolutely be used instead of the Transformers 4 mutant mail slot.

I feel that interior would have been too cramped in the concept above (namely rear seat area). The roof on this concept rakes up from the cowl more aggressively than the Ringmaro. Rake is perhaps too strong of a word, it's more swooping and graceful than the blocky 6th Gen we have seen. Also, the roof swoops back down as soon as it crest just like the Mustang. The actual 6th Gen has a large, broad roof with a slight dog leg (GT-R style) over the rear headroom area.

I'm not going to pass any judgement on the new Camaro until I see the production model.
As far as looks go, I agree Nick.
Sponsored

Last edited: