ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I was scared to break it. But I will give it a try. Thanks
It's a little nerve wracking for sure. There's a little lock tab at the end of the thread for it that holds it in. On my car, said tab broke off when I removed it. But luckily it got stuck on the inside of the fill port due to the oil residue. Make sure the same doesn't happen to you. It's a very tiny tab, so I doubt it would cause any damage, but still.
Sponsored

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Okay, so, to follow up on this from a different (equally uninformed) perspective... My oil level is right at the minimum mark, which according to the manual says I need to add oil.

Is it as simple as adding a quart, or do I need to add some and then recheck the level?

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I m sure someone knows how much is top mark to lower mark, but do 1/2 quart and then you ll know for yourself.

Sponsored

CBETPTA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The force is strong with this one, it is. No, have the white GT and want it to blend together

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I have a 21 GT with the performance package strut tower brace. You don't need to remove the cover to check the oil, it is probably the worst spot I've ever seen on a car though. I ended up just removing my engine cover anyway. I wish they kept the '17 style. I may end up doing the Ford dress up kit someday.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have a 21 GT with the performance package strut tower brace. You don't need to remove the cover to check the oil, it is probably the worst spot I've ever seen on a car though. I ended up just removing my engine cover anyway. I wish they kept the '17 style. I may end up doing the Ford dress up kit someday.
Same here, I have the strut tower brace and the engine cover and I’m still able to pull the dipstick. Putting it back in is a bit of a pain but it’s manageable and takes less time than taking the cover off and putting it back on

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I m sure someone knows how much is top mark to lower mark, but do 1/2 quart and then you ll know for yourself.
Should be a quart. But adding 1/2 at a time is much safer than YOLOing it.

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
Yeah it's a PIA with the stick just under the brace, a knuckle scratcher location.

Joesruby18gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Black Accent Pack
I just cut the side star war flaps off my cover and added the dress up kit and painted both myself. No issue getting the oil fill extension off. Everything is accessible now and looks much cleaner.

IMG_3058.jpeg

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Okay, last question in this thread, I promise. It just hit me that I checked the oil with my car parked in my driveway, which is at a bit of an angle (front pointing downhill). How much impact does an angle have on the dipstick measurement?

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Okay, last question in this thread, I promise. It just hit me that I checked the oil with my car parked in my driveway, which is at a bit of an angle (front pointing downhill). How much impact does an angle have on the dipstick measurement?
I don’t know the answer, but you have the makings of a fun experiment. Turn the car around and measure the oil level with it facing the other way.
Sponsored