SO that Competition Orange!

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
Yea that is a real good price. I paid a touch more and don't have recaro's. But then your trade is down here
Sponsored

Major League Infidel

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 CO GT PP
love my comp orange car. have wanted one since i saw it in 04 on the Cobra.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The CO color was a major draw for me in buying the car. I seriously looked at the 2012 Boss 302 in CO, but just couldn't pull the trigger on it (the car was fabulous, but a little basic for a daily driver, and the solid rear axle would have been murder on the pothole strewn streets of Philadelphia where I lived at the time).

But the color.... I was drawn to it like a magnet to steel. I probably would have bought a 2013 or 2014 if it were available in CO. When I heard CO was going to be available on the 2015, I ordered a car before ever having seen one in person.

Color is purely a matter of personal taste. There's no 'right' or 'wrong' about color. Whatever floats your boat is what's right for you. For me, I absolutely, totally love the CO. I think Mustangs should be in bright, primary colors - after all, this is a sports (pony, muscle, GT, whatever term you like) car, not a 4 door Camry.

Go a little wild! Go with your gut! If you like the CO, then definitely get it (and that price they're offering seems too good to be true, grab it before someone else does).

Sponsored

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Luckily grey wasn't offered. :)
Magnetic is grey. Metallic, but still grey. :p

I agree with Nick L. -- it's a fun car, have some fun with the color!

I remember when I was shopping for my '07 GT. I stood in the rain with my brother for over two hours at the dealership staring at two cars: a Tungsten Grey and a Grabber Orange. I ended up going home with the grey GT, and within a few months I regretted not going with the orange.

Seriously though, Magnetic actually does look pretty good, but CO in person looks great.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Race Red ended up being my favorite, but Competition Orange and Triple Yellow are pretty sweet as well. Guess I really like the S550 in eye-popping color. :D

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Go ahead and get it, I'll swap you my black trim for your chrome! LOL! Actually, I'd like to get some of the tail light chrome trim, but I prefer my standard grill.
I've yet to see the CO in person. Anything like the Calypso Coral on the '70's Mustangs?

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I don't mind chrome around tail lights but don't like it on the grill. The emblems are first thing I'd plasti dip anyways and dipping that grill would defeat purpose of the 50th grill haha.

We'll see what happens when dealer opens up tomorrow. I really want recaros over the 50th package but probably won't get same deal if they end up ordering one.

The bigger debate is still CO vs Magnetic. Doh!

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Get the CO. Go look at any group picture of 2015 Mustangs. You got a sea of boring dark blobs, and then you got one CO or race red or Triple Yellow which just stands out. Most people are boring, thats what it tells me. That just ain't my bag though. I don't do boring.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I kind of wanted TY, but the wife hates yellow cars and she tells me I'm too old for a bright, sporty color like CO or TY. I guess DIB was a good compromise! (Hey, she's making the 6 figure income and making the payments. I'm picking my fights carefully! LOL) The dark, boring blobs have a mean look to them, I just wanted something brighter and different. The wife always buys subdued boring gray cars.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Get the CO. Go look at any group picture of 2015 Mustangs. You got a sea of boring dark blobs, and then you got one CO or race red or Triple Yellow which just stands out. Most people are boring, thats what it tells me. That just ain't my bag though. I don't do boring.
Yeah the cars and coffee group pictures on the picture subform really makes a competition orange stand out

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Black, "Oxford" White, Light Grey, Dark Grey, just like 4 out of every 5 Vehicles you see every day on the road. How do you spell boring....? Mustang Convertible? Screams Race Red or Triple Yellow, not so sure if Competition Orange might loose some love after a while though.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
I hate when dealers do s**t like this. Check the price tag in the second photo. It says 'employee pricing'; so maybe it's a D-Plan pricing.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I kind of wanted TY, but the wife hates yellow cars and she tells me I'm too old for a bright, sporty color like CO or TY. I guess DIB was a good compromise! (Hey, she's making the 6 figure income and making the payments. I'm picking my fights carefully! LOL) The dark, boring blobs have a mean look to them, I just wanted something brighter and different. The wife always buys subdued boring gray cars.
So glad I don't have someone telling me what I like and what I should have.
Lifes short, you're never to old for a certain color. That's stupid. If you like it , get it.
Sponsored