it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I thought I had my mind made up on magnetic

ok so i'm in PA right now visiting wife's grandma and local dealer has this gt with performance package, 401a package, navigation, and 50 years!

I went to see it because I haven't seen the competition orange in person.

it's orange with slight red tint. Man it stands out!!! I just can't decide if I would like the color long term but man first impression it's awesome!

I got my local dealer back home seeing what they can do with it and seeing if they could order me one with recaro's instead of the 50 years package and still give me same price. We came up in my wife's car so we don't have my car to trade....but the car is so much cheaper here it would still be cheaper to fly back home and drive my car 8 hrs back up here to trade it ha.

I took these and man I can make up my mind for real now!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!

Sponsored

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I love Competition Orange. Every time I see it in person it looks great.

I don't think I could own it though. Draws too much attention.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
To be honest, I love this car in every color (now). CO is one that has really grown on me and one that definitely needs to be seen in person. Owning one, though, is not my cup of tea. I trend towards darker and stealthier so I stuck with Magnetic after originally ordering Black. She is a beautiful car though.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yeah you can definitely see it a mile away which is my concern but I also am a very mild speedier/not a moron lol.
I'm just really concerned if I will still like it 2-3 years from now. I owned a burnt orange (lemans sunset orange) on a 03 350z for 8 years so I have had an orange car before.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I had an older, well used, competition orange BMW 525 back in the early '80's when I was stationed in Germany. That thing was a cop magnet. It seemed like I couldn't drive across the base without getting a ticket. I hadn't had any tickets before I bought the car, and the tickets stopped as soon as I got rid of it.

I've always thought that it was simply the color. It stands out and draws the eye. It is pretty though.

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
The more you look at CO the more it looks like RR with a few extra drops of Orange tint mixed in. There should have been more color separation between the two, IMO.

Figures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have only owned mine 2 days but in the 160 miles that I have on it, I have had so many people pace the car down the road or do double takes at lights ect. I have always had darker cars and wanted something unique this time and I am seriously enjoying it, love seeing all that orange hood in front of me.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
The more you look at CO the more it looks like RR with a few extra drops of Orange tint mixed in. There should have been more color separation between the two, IMO.
No way man, I own a CO Mustang and I see no RR in this car what so ever. I know it's your opinion, but I just dont see it!!!

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No way man, I own a CO Mustang and I see no RR in this car what so ever. I know it's your opinion, but I just dont see it!!!
You misunderstood me. I see a lot of unwanted "orange" tint in Race Red. BMW`s Biscayne Red or VW`s Tornado Red is "Red", minus orange overtones.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I was going to get TY until I seen a CO in person, I changed my mind in an instant haha. I actually was not even considering CO as in a lot of pictures is looks red, but it needs to be seen in person to truly be able to appreciate the color.

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was going to get TY until I seen a CO in person, I changed my mind in an instant haha. I actually was not even considering CO as in a lot of pictures is looks red, but it needs to be seen in person to truly be able to appreciate the color.
I have no problem with CO, I just ain`t crazy about RR because it has too much orange tint in it.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I have no problem with CO, I just ain`t crazy about RR because it has too much orange tint in it.
Then why get a Race Red Vert? I agree 100% with you here though. Race Red has entirely too much Orange tint in it. If I were going Red I would go Ruby Red or just take the plunge and go full on CO.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then why get a Race Red Vert? I agree 100% with you here though. Race Red has entirely too much Orange tint in it. If I were going Red I would go Ruby Red or just take the plunge and go full on CO.
I had a Candy Red Metallic 2011 Ford Fiesta. Ruby Red Metallic is very similar but slightly darker color. On a Mustang Convertible, I want "Red" (not) a shade of Maroon. Race Red despite having too much orange tint for my taste is still my first and only choice. Ford has used "RR" now for many years, seems like they get stuck on some shades of paint like Oxford White and stick with them for decades.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
That CO looks amazing on this new S550. I would never own an Orange car but it sure does look beautiful.

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Khyber...that dealer is Washington Ford outside of Washington PA. They are super good dealers to work with! Very fair, very honest, no BS, just they will get you in the car you want (we purchased our new Ford F150 from them while I was home from the Middle East...I reside about thirty minutes from there). When I queried our sales rep about those Mustangs, he said they have been sitting with NO requests for ANY information or test drives to date!! I told him had it not been for a family friend's son who was an up and coming sales rep for a small Ford dealer in Eastern PA, we would have bought our Ruby Red from them...I seriously suggest you give them a call!
Sponsored