So I drove some GTs today...

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost
Today I got the urge to test drive the GT. Up until now I had resisted driving one because I was afraid it would ruin the EB for me. I drove a completely base Guard GT and was sort disappointed. I thought I would feel a bigger difference but it just wasn't there. Afterwards I grabbed the keys to a Comp Orange premium with Recaros and a PP. That car made a pretty good impression on just because I kept it in sport + the entire ride (If I win powerball this week I'll go back for it:cheers: ) So what's the point of all this? I think that the Ecoboost has the best mix of power and drivability. I was actually happy to get back in my car and leave the V-8 beasts behind. Soon I'll have my tune and bolt on bits and be well into GT territory with less weight and better economy. I for one embrace our turbochargerd overlords :ford:
Sponsored

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Today I got the urge to test drive the GT. Up until now I had resisted driving one because I was afraid it would ruin the EB for me. I drove a completely base Guard GT and was sort disappointed. I thought I would feel a bigger difference but it just wasn't there. Afterwards I grabbed the keys to a Comp Orange premium with Recaros and a PP. That car made a pretty good impression on just because I kept it in sport + the entire ride (If I win powerball this week I'll go back for it:cheers: ) So what's the point of all this? I think that the Ecoboost has the best mix of power and drivability. I was actually happy to get back in my car and leave the V-8 beasts behind. Soon I'll have my tune and bolt on bits and be well into GT territory with less weight and better economy. I for one embrace our turbochargerd overlords :ford:
Yeah I test drove a GT when I was waiting to finish the paperwork for my Eco. The GT is faster and It just sounds so much more aggressive then my Eco. My little eco surprised me this morning though. I pulled out of a parking lot into the road and I gave it a little gas, my car started to slide into the other lane until I gave it more gas then it straightened out. So I can say that I am 100% satisfied with the power of my car.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I can still tell a difference between my Ecoboost and my old GT and I do miss it somewhat. But I'm still happy with my choice. More money in my pocket now will make it easier to get my gt350 later. :)

Sponsored

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
I test drove them both waay to much before deciding. Really liked them both a lot.I obviously ended up with the Eco but it could've gone either way.I truly like the dual personality of the Eco,especially with a tune:) The v8 has an intoxicating feel of its own though. Both awesome cars.

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I love my EBM..this is my first mustang I've always been a Chevy guy but Ford won me over with this pony. Will the ebm ever sound like a v8 no it won't can it perform like a v8 I believe it can..IMO I don't think you have to have a v8 or the sound to be considered a muscle car

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
Wait for it
Not a real mustang if no v8. Even if the v8 was 10hp and the eco had 1 million horsepower it's still better. V8 sound/ear rice is all that matters, screw effeciency. Turbo wears the motor out faster and is for women only. I don't care about steering feedback or balance im only going strait. The only reason someone wouldn't buy the v8 is because they can't afford it.

Sound close? :cheers:

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Not a real mustang if no v8. Even if the v8 was 10hp and the eco had 1 million horsepower it's still better. V8 sound/ear rice is all that matters, screw effeciency. Turbo wears the motor out faster and is for women only. I don't care about steering feedback or balance im only going strait. The only reason someone wouldn't buy the v8 is because they can't afford it.

Sound close? :cheers:
Not a real mustang really....wow LOL has nothing to do with not being able to own some picked it over the gt as I did could've picked up a gt with all the bells & whistles but not from the lack of not being able to afford it...guess you can tell what people are still stuck in the past:clap2:

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
Not a real mustang really....wow LOL has nothing to do with not being able to own some picked it over the gt as I did could've picked up a gt with all the bells & whistles but not from the lack of not being able to afford it...guess you can tell what people are still stuck in the past:clap2:
Think it was sarcasm...[emoji12]

Sponsored

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Sorry wasn't trying to offend anyone I just been hearing that kind of stuff since I picked up my EBM...

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
I just think a lot of people, including EB owners, are tired of seeing these posts of people justifying how their car is better than the other. EB over GT and vice versa.

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a GT, after waiting, and hearing my friends Ecoboost with MRT exhaust, I actually checked dealer inventory to see if they had an Ecoboost Premium PP in stock and I'd go pick it up tomorrow, but no.

Ecoboost is great, GT is great too. The "purists" are annoying idiots.
Sponsored