Roush Supercharger Questions/Help

RiotfunK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Binx
Vehicle(s)
22 mustang GT Premium PP1 Manual
I have a 22 Mustang GT PP1,6 speed, and looking to boost it. I have factory warranty and CPO gold warranty. I have 7k miles on it. Just got it a few hundred miles ago and the shop I got it from doesn’t do them. It isn’t a Roush Ford store. I found one about 1.5hr from me and they do them. But they want 12k for the kit (422292)and install. Is basically 3-4k for labor which is dumb af. I could do it myself, but I need to keep my warranty so I’m at the mercy of Ford shops really. I’m not looking to race hardcore. Maybe some local drag days and race at lime rock maybe 1-2 times a year and maybe once this year. Worried about heat issues from the cooler being in the V. The rest of the time it’s my 5-6 month daily. I’m in the northeast. I’m in between Albany, NY and Springfield, Ma. Bout 1-1.5 hours depending which direction.

What is a reasonable cost for install?

Are there other kits that would maintain the Ford warranty, factory and CPO?

Do you know of any shops you’d recommend? Ford or race (ASE) that are reputable and stand behind their work. And do this type of thing frequently.

I usually do all my own wrenching and hurts my soul having someone else touch my vehicles. I’ve seen places that were 9995+ tax but were down south and don’t want to drive 12-20hours to get there if I can help it. Appreciate any help
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Before 2021, it was $10K for the kit and install....so I imagine you are seeing the price increase we are seeing in everything these days. I go back and look at the prices I paid for certain things in 2019/2020 and compare them to now and say to myself what the heck.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I have a 22 Mustang GT PP1,6 speed, and looking to boost it. I have factory warranty and CPO gold warranty. I have 7k miles on it. Just got it a few hundred miles ago and the shop I got it from doesn’t do them. It isn’t a Roush Ford store. I found one about 1.5hr from me and they do them. But they want 12k for the kit (422292)and install. Is basically 3-4k for labor which is dumb af. I could do it myself, but I need to keep my warranty so I’m at the mercy of Ford shops really. I’m not looking to race hardcore. Maybe some local drag days and race at lime rock maybe 1-2 times a year and maybe once this year. Worried about heat issues from the cooler being in the V. The rest of the time it’s my 5-6 month daily. I’m in the northeast. I’m in between Albany, NY and Springfield, Ma. Bout 1-1.5 hours depending which direction.

Do you know of any shops you’d recommend? Ford or race (ASE) that are reputable and stand behind their work. And do this type of thing frequently.

I usually do all my own wrenching and hurts my soul having someone else touch my vehicles. I’ve seen places that were 9995+ tax but were down south and don’t want to drive 12-20hours to get there if I can help it. Appreciate any help
Just so your clear, the Roush supercharger does NOT maintain the factory Ford warranty. The powertrain warranty gets covered by Roush, but only for 3 years/36 miles from the vehicles in service date. It doesn't matter when the supercharger is installed. The warranty starts from when the car was first purchased by the original owner. A 22 may not have much warranty at all based on that. Make sure you read the warranty information carefully.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Binx
Vehicle(s)
Just so your clear, the Roush supercharger does NOT maintain the factory Ford warranty. The powertrain warranty gets covered by Roush, but only for 3 years/36 miles from the vehicles in service date. It doesn't matter when the supercharger is installed. The warranty starts from when the car was first purchased by the original owner. A 22 may not have much warranty at all based on that. Make sure you read the warranty information carefully.
Thanks. Good to know. Ford and Roush told me it was covered. But I’d tell someone for 10k too.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase

I paid almost $13000 at Brenspeed two years ago for a Roush Phase 2. I went there because they do superchargers everday. I went with Roush because of the warranty and that I wanted to stay Ford. My car is a daily driver and every little trip brings a smile to my face.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Binx
Vehicle(s)
Ok then is realistic. The Ford shop I reached out to does them constantly and the master tech just does Roush/whipple installs. And performance work. Clutches, drivetrain, etc.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3-4k for install is dumb

10-12 hours, so even at 200 an hour it should only be 2000-2400 tops

It's not like they are going to dyno tune it or anything

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ok then is realistic. The Ford shop I reached out to does them constantly and the master tech just does Roush/whipple installs. And performance work. Clutches, drivetrain, etc.
Local shops might be cheaper but personally I'll go with one that does them all the time with a good reputation for peace of mind. Brenspeed is a four hour drive from me but I thought it was worth it. I spent the night and the next afternoon I was on my way home. Not a hiccup since then.

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Lebanon ford installed my Roush 2650. It was 9600 with tax out the door. This was early 22. Was thinking of switching to a VMP Odin or Whipple. Install quote was 2k by a local well know shop.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Binx
Vehicle(s)
Got the breakdown. Is 9k for the stage 2 Roush plus labor. So is roughly 12500 otd with tax. So approx 2600 for install. And is 11k for my local performance shop if I source the supercharger myself and have them install at 2k for labor. I may see if the Ford shop will do my MGW install included into the 12500. It would be about 11600 is I get the parts myself and have Ford do it.
Really more having a hard time trusting anyone to turn wrenches on my stuff.

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Pay almost $12K to have what? 1 year of warranty? Not worth it in my opinion.

I would go ESS G3/120mm @Wengerd Performance tune.

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Got the breakdown. Is 9k for the stage 2 Roush plus labor. So is roughly 12500 otd with tax. So approx 2600 for install. And is 11k for my local performance shop if I source the supercharger myself and have them install at 2k for labor. I may see if the Ford shop will do my MGW install included into the 12500. It would be about 11600 is I get the parts myself and have Ford do it.
Really more having a hard time trusting anyone to turn wrenches on my stuff.
If I could do it over. I would not go with the Roush 2650. Contact Beefcake and see what's the best price he can do on a tuner kit.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Binx
Vehicle(s)
Yeah probs be better bet going whipple or the like. I’ll see what they say

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Buy something and do the install yourself and save a lot of money. Your really not going to have a powertrain warranty anyway. Then put the savings aside for a rainy day if anything breaks.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Binx
Vehicle(s)
Buy something and do the install yourself and save a lot of money. Your really not going to have a powertrain warranty anyway. Then put the savings aside for a rainy day if anything breaks.
Yeah for real. Kinda what I’m thinking about doing after reading and researching. Again I can do the work, that’s not the issue. I have bumper to bumper warranty until 10/26 and powertrain until 2029 so was trying to keep some of it. Why I was looking the Roush route. Maybe I’ll just do supporting mods until bumper to bumper is over.
Sponsored