Sponsored

Roush Supercharger Questions/Help

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Yeah for real. Kinda what I’m thinking about doing after reading and researching. Again I can do the work, that’s not the issue. I have bumper to bumper warranty until 10/26 and powertrain until 2029 so was trying to keep some of it. Why I was looking the Roush route. Maybe I’ll just do supporting mods until bumper to bumper is over.
Imo, you'll lose most of it regardless of which SC you pick, especially 2029 one. I have roush SC and if I was to do it again, I would stay NA. That is my unfortunate conclusion.

700HP+ is just pointless on the street. Just a few seconds of WOT and you are in a very troublesome territory from legal perspective, so you don't get to enjoy it much. And yet, there's a bunch of electric grocery getters around you that are faster off the line.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Based on if you actually have much warranty left on your 22, you may now want to re-evaluate between the Roush and Whipple. I have a Roush Phase 2 and happy with it but it is just a weekend driver. If I was going for max hp, and other things, I might would have opted for the Whipple.

Ok then is realistic. The Ford shop I reached out to does them constantly and the master tech just does Roush/whipple installs. And performance work. Clutches, drivetrain, etc.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Adding a supercharger tends to void those extended warranties. Read the fine print twice. If an honest Ford dealer does the install, most likely they will point out that the power train warranty will be null and void after the 36 months from in-service date.

Yeah for real. Kinda what I’m thinking about doing after reading and researching. Again I can do the work, that’s not the issue. I have bumper to bumper warranty until 10/26 and powertrain until 2029 so was trying to keep some of it. Why I was looking the Roush route. Maybe I’ll just do supporting mods until bumper to bumper is over.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
You would still have warranty on everything except the power train. I had mine installed when I purchased the vehicle brand new by Lebanon Ford and no problems except passenger side blown cat at 36k. The dealership still covers them under the 8- year emissions warranty.

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
If you can do it yourself, I would go whipple, its what all the cool kids are doing
Sponsored